Chapter 9

Hey everyone! I know I just updated this book but, I got a request and I wanted to do it since I don't get requests very often. If there's another book by me that you're reading I promise I'll get to it soon but, for now, enjoy!

-Nekoco

*******

I walked through the school gates and towards my locker. I was putting in the combination when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and turned to see Kyle.

My face felt hot as I remembered yesterday's dream. He smiled at me. "Are you doing anything this weekend?"

I stared at him before I shook my head. "No..."

Good going. How am I supposed to cut our friendship if I act like this?

I mentally scolded myself. Then I turned back to Kyle. "Actually, I was going to take my sister to see a movie." A lie.

He frowned but, then brightened. "We could all go together? I don't have anything to do so I'm going to be bored."

I smiled to hide my slight annoyance. "Sure. I'll tell Macey when I get home. Friday or Saturday?"

"Let's go with Friday."

"Okay."

Then the bell rang. He waved bye as he ran down the hall to his class. I frowned. I had just made plans to hang out with someone I didn't want to see.

Actually, I love seeing him... He's got those pretty eyes...

"Shut up brain." I growled to myself. "I am not gay and I never will be."

I sighed when I realized I was talking to myself and probably looked crazy to anyone who was watching me. I took a deep breath and walked to my first class.

*******

I sighed as I walked down the school steps. Kyle was talking to me about something but, I wasn't listening. We got to my house and I stopped. "Why are you following me?"

"Because you've been acting weird all day. You weren't really paying attention in class and you aren't talking to me." He crossed his arms. "Until I know why, I'm going to follow you."

I glared at him. "That's not true. I just have a headache."

He gave me a look that said he didn't believe me. "Sure."

I frowned. "I'm serious. It's just a headache."

"You are so easy to read. What's really going on? You should trust me more."

That's when my anger broke. "Trust you more? Fine. You want to know what the matter is?" I had to hurt him. Badly. "You're annoying and I'm tired of being friends."

He looked shocked. "What-"

"Leave me alone. I don't want to be friends with you and I don't want to talk to you." I clenched my fists to hold in the tears that threatened to fall.

He stared at me and he stepped back with a glare. "Fine. If that's how it is."

Then he walked away from me. He didn't say anything else and he didn't look back. I stared at his back as he got smaller and father away from me.

Then I bolted and ran for the house. I rushed inside, slamming the door shut and running upstairs to my room. I completely ignored Macey, who was sitting on the couch watchig TV since she didn't have school today.

I banged my bedroom door and threw myself on my bed, bursting into tears. I had never cried over someone before and it scared me that I was doing it now.

I knew I couldn't admit to being in love with my best and only friend. Or ex-best friend. But, I felt horrible for hurting him the way I did. Even if it can keep him from being hurt worse in the future. If he found out how I felt he would have hated me. Not that he didn't hate me now...

I pushed my face deeper into my pillow and muffled my cries so Macey wouldn't here. When my sobs turned to whimpers and I had calmed down a bit I sat up and took a deep breath.

I felt like a empty shell. A body without a soul. I stood up slowly and walked to my mirror. I stared at my reflection, taking in my red puffy eyes and my tousled hair.

There was a knock on my door. "Kayson? Are you okay?" Macey's voice drifted in. Sniffling, I wiped my face off. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why?"

She opened my door and poked her head in. "You look horrible." She said.

I frowned. "I'm fine. Just got something in my eye."

She stared at me before she came over and gave me a hug. I hugged her back. When she pulled away she smiled. "Better?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Thanks."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I was quiet for a minute but, then nodded. We both sat down on my bed and she held my hand. I bit my lip before starting. "I've been feeling really weird towards a friend of mine lately."

"Kyle."

I gave her a look, wondering how she knew, but nodded. "Yeah. I'm not sure if I'm okay with what I've been feeling so I did something I wish I hadn't. I... I told him to go away. Now-" My voice cracked.

She squeezed my hand and I took a breath. "Now we're not friends and I feel like I did the wrong thing."

She was silent and my eyes filled with tears again. It was times like these, when I didn't know what to do, that Macey really helped me. She always knew what to do and she never judged me like others.

Then she smiled at me. "You should see where this goes. If you really like him like that it will tear you apart and then you'll know how you really feel. If Kyle likes you back-"

"What?"

"I could tell Kyle had his eye on you. If he really likes you back then he'll either ignore you because he wants to give you room or he'll try his hardest to get you back."

I looked down at my feet. "But, how will I know which one he's going to do?"

"You'll know. If you really love him then you'll know."

She gave me a small hug before she left my room. I stared at my door and fiddled with my fingers.

I'll know...?

*******

(Kyle's POV)

I glared at everyone who passed me while I walked home. I was so angry at the moment and I was clenching my fists so tight in my pockets I'm sure they were white.

I stormed home and went inside, going into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and going upstairs. Kayla saw me and ran up. "Kyle! Can we go to the park?"

I sighed and tried to smile. "I'm a little tired. Can we go to the park tomorrow?"

She frowned but, nodded with a smile a few seconds later. "Okay! Bye!" Then she ran past me to the living room.

I shook my head, a small smile on my face before I walked up to my room. I shut my door and leaned against it. I could tell that Kayson had been lying. I could see it in his face.

The question was why he was lying. He had no reason to not want to be my friend anymore. So, why? I ran a hand through my hair and stared up at the ceiling.

If he wants it that way then fine. He'll get exactly that.

*******

Hey everyone! This was so hard to write! It was so sad and I wanted to cry the whole time! I hope you didn't cry! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco