Chapter 3

Um...ok i guees I'll start with names. Hi my name is Kyle Druns, I'm a sixteen year old living in Florida with my cute little seven year old sis, Kayla. We don't have parents and we don't live with relatives. I take care of my baby sis all by myself. We get sent $1000 dollars a month from my very rich grandparents in California. I may not be the smartest guy in school but, I'm the very well known star of the football team. How i look...? Well i have black hair and blue eyes. I perfer wearing dark colors, it makes my eyes stand out. I don't have a girlfriend surprisingly even though i am so popular with everyone. I have what most would think an easy life and you would be right. The only part of my life that i wish i could change would be my eleventh birthday. If only i could turn back time to that day...

*******

"Kayla! I finished the shop.....ping?"

I turned a complete circle around myself. "Kayla? Where are you?" I didn't see her anywhere. She was supposed to wait by the door while i checked out.

I walked outside to see if she might of stepped out for a bit. She wasn't there. I was just about to pull out my cell phone and call 911 when i heard scuffling somewhere. I peeked my head around the side of the store and into the back alley. I saw her sitting on the ground.

"Kayla! There you are! Don't run off like that! You scared me!" I said as i ran towards her. It was then i saw she had bruises and could tell she had been crying. There was a guy trying to stand up a few feet away. He was wobbling from side to side and looked like he was about to puke.

I looked from my crying sister to the dude. Then it all made sense. I boiled over with anger. This guy was a drunk idiot and had beat up my sweet angel! "You asshole!"

I ran up and punched him in the stomach really hard. He coughed and fell to his knees. "What the hell?!" He cursed.

I punched him again. "You beat up my sister! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I was so mad all i saw was red.

"No! Stop it! Kyle, stop!" I heard my sister yell at me. I paused and turned to look at her.

"Don't hurt him! Please! He saved me!" She was crying again.

I frowned. "But, isn't this the guy who hurt you?"

She shook her head. "No, it was a bunch of mean boys and he came to help me." She pleaded with her eyes.

I looked down at him. He was laying on his side and groaning. I realized my mistake and dropped my fists. I crouched down to his level and asked, "Sorry. Are you ok?"

He glared at me. "Do i look ok?! You just punched the life out of me!"

I glared right back. I already hated this guy. "I said i was sorry! I thought you were the one who beat up my sis!"

"Well, maybe you should ask before you go punching the shit out of someone next time!"

"What was i supposed to do, say 'hey were you the one who hit my sister?'?!" I said it in a really dorky voice.

"You could have asked her!" He pointed at Kayla.

I stood up. "Whatever."

I grabbed Kayla's hand and pulled her away. "Lets go. This guy's not worth our time."

We left him there in the alley and went home. When we got there i made sure to scold my sister for leaving the store by herself.

*******

I watched as the little girl and that guy, Kyle walked away. Right before they disappeared from sight the girl turned back and mouthed, 'Thank you'. I smiled and waved. She was cute. Unlike her brother.