Chapter 13

"Tutoring?! Why the hell am I in tutoring?!"

I stood with a shocked expression as I stared at my Aunt. She leaned on the doorframe to my room with her arms crossed. "The principal called me and told me that you haven't been doing your homework. We agreed that tutoring would, not only, help you work better it was sufficient punishment for not working in the first place."

"I do not need tutoring! I'm just a little occupied-"

"With what? Nothing should come before your schoolwork unless it involves your family. End of story."

I glared at my Aunt and clenched my fists. She raised her eyebrows. "Maybe you should have done your homework."

We stood in silence as I continued to glare for a while until I muttered, "What time?"

"It's after school for an hour. Your first class is tomorrow so I suggest you do as much studying as you can before you meet your tutor. It's better to have a good start." She gave me a smile. "After you study get some sleep and you'll do fine tomorrow."

She walked up and gave my forehead a kiss to which I quickly wiped away. "I'm not a child. Don't treat me like one." I mumbled.

She chuckled and nodded. "Yes, yes. I'll keep Macey quiet so you can concentrate, okay?"

I nodded and watched her leave. She shut my door and my room grew silent. I plopped onto my back and put my hands over my eyes. I really didn't want to be tutored.

But, I knew that even if I got my homework finished before tomorrow, I'd still have to go. My Aunt was going to make me either way.

I groaned and pulled my pillow over my face. "Why can't I just disappear?" I said into the fluffy square. "Nothing in my life is right..."

After a few more minutes of self pity I sat up and pulled out my homework. The more I do the less time I have to spend with the damn tutor.

I worked well into the night until I felt my eyes closing and my head drooping while sitting up. I closed my books and put them away before I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep.

*******

School passed too quickly and I was so tired from staying up late that I barely understood anything I was being told. Math and biology were just a blur of numbers and letters and history was a confusing jumble of facts I probably wouldn't remember or need.

By the time study hall came around I was falling alseep at my desk. I felt a pain to the side of my head and glanced up at my teacher. He was looking down at me scornfully with a ruler in hand. "Don't you have things to do, Mr. Tey?"

I sat up and gave him a bored look. "Plenty. Doesn't mean I'd rather do that then sleep, Mr. Flac."

He narrowed his eyes at me and I smiled politely. "But, since you asked so nicely I'm sure I can do some work."

He glared at me as the other students chuckled and showed their agreement. "Watch that mouth or I'll report you to the principal."

I just shrugged. "Go ahead. I wouldn't mind getting punished." I licked my lips and gave Mr. Flac a grin. His face grew flustered and he clenched his fists. "Mr. Tey, you-!"

The bell suddenly rang and I grabbed my bag. "Nice chat but, I have to go. Bye, Mr. Flac."

He went to stop me but, I avoided him and bolted out the door. I chuckled as I glanced over my shoulder and saw him. He looked like a kettle that was about to blow it's top.

I raced down the hall and around a corner. Once I knew I was salfy away, I relaxed and walked to my locker. The tutoring was going to be in classroom C-17. I just had to grab my homework.

I was still not keen on the idea of being tutored but, I'd like to not get into anymore trouble than I already was. Halfway to the room I stopped and frowned. I don't think they told me who was teaching.

I shrugged it off and decided to ignore it. It wasn't a big deal. I'd find out soon enough.

I walked up to the third floor and down to room 17. I opened the door, stepped inside and halted. My hand tightened around the door nobb and I started sweating.

Kyle looked up from the book he was reading and stared at me. I steeled my nerve and walked in, sitting down in a chair away from him.

He didn't say anything and I started to relax. He must be here for the tutoring too. I glanced at him and saw he was fidgeting even more than I was. It surprised me since I expected him to be mad at me.

I pulled out my books and decided to wait patiently for my tutor. I asumed it was going to be a teacher so I made sure to look out the window every few minutes.

But, after about twenty minutes I frowned. No one was coming. I glanced at Kyle and sighed. I guess I had to ask. "Hey, um... Do you know when the tutor is supposed to get here?"

He looked up from his book again but, more frantic this time. "The tutor?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Isn't that what you're here for?"

He swallowed and scratched his head. "Sort of... I'm the tutor though."

I laughed. "No, seriously. Who's teaching?"

He glared at me. "I am."

I felt my heart speed up and I had to look at my book to keep my cheeks under control.

No way... This is my worse nightmare...

I quickly grabbed my things and headed for the door. "Hey, where are you going?!" Kyle called.

I grabbed for the door but, he was fast and slapped my hand away. "I did not take this stupid extra credits job for you to bolt the second you see me." He growled. "Go sit down."

I stepped back and clutched my bag. He crossed his arms and stood in front of the door. "Sit. Now."

I clenched my teeth but, walked back to my seat and sat down. I fisted my hands into my jeans and sat tensely. Kyle grabbed his stuff and sat across from me. "What do you want to work on first?"

I shrugged, my eyes on the table as I glared. I didn't care what we worked on. I just wanted to leave. He sighed and asked, "Okay, then. Let's go with math. Best to get the least favorite thing out of the way first."

That's when my first tutoring session started. My stance and heartbeat stayed the same through the whole thing and I was surprised I didn't have a seizure halfway through.

*******

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't have this yesterday. I was being lazy and I slept most of the day. Also, my sister's boyfriend was over so I was having to play host and keep him occupied while she got ready. Well, anyways. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco