Chapter 4

I walked Macey to school as always then headed for my own. It usualy made me almost late each day but, it was worth it. I stepped inside the classroom and went to my desk, plopping my books down with loud a thunk.

I sat down and layed my head on my arms, closing my eyes. I was almost asleep when i felt someone stop next to my desk. I opened my eyes and looked up. My eyebrows shot up the second i realized who it was. It was that guy from the alley. The one who punched me.

I sat up with a frown. "I didn't know you went to this school."

He looked annoyed. "Same goes for you."

We sat there staring daggers at each other until the teacher walked in and he had to go to his seat. I decided it was best to ignore him and turned my head to the black board. I could almost feel his glare biting into my back.

Well, this is the start of a wonderful fued.

I sighed. More enemies.

*******

I walked out of the school building and headed for my sister's school. When i got there she was jumping up and down excitedly. "What's with you?"

She gave me a ginormous smile. "My friend asked me if i wanted to come over tomorrow for a birthday party! Can I? Can i, can i, pleeeaaase?"

I raised my eyebrows. "I will have to think about it. Where does she live and when was she asking for you to come?"

"Tomorrow!"

I rolled my eyes. "When tomorrow?"

She thought for a minute. "Um...i think she said 3:00pm."

I nodded. "I'll think about it."

She made a pouty face. "That's what you always say! Pleeeaaase?"

I sighed. "Let's talk about it when we get home. We still need to know where she lives so i can bring you."

She nodded excitedly. "Ok! I'll ask her tomorrow after school!"

"Ok." I said with a smile. We headed home after that and she begged me countless times, me finally giving in. She went to bed with a big smile never leaving her face as she lay there sleeping.

I shook my head as i watched her. She sure was a nut.

*******

After i picked her up the next day she immediately started telling me where to go to getto her friends house. I listened to her practically scream the instructions, being too excited to even notice me plugging my ears.

When we reached the street her friend was on she finally stopped talking because she was 'saving energy to play' as she said. I think it was just that she had run out of instructions to yell about.

We stepped up to the door and i knocked lightly. There was a shuffling on the other side and then the door opened. "Hi! You must be Macey-" A familiar voice cut itself off. I raised my eyebrows and stared at the person who had opened the door. It was that guy. The one who hit me and had been glaring at me at school.

He stared at me with a shocked expression. "Why are you here?" He finally asked.

I looked at Macey. "Because my little sister Macey has an invitation to a birthday party."

His eyes looked distrustful. "Let me get Kayla." He turned to yell behind the door. "KAYLA! MACEY'S HERE!"

I rolled my eyes. He seriously thought we were lying.

The little girl from the alley hopped down the stairs happily. She peeked out the door and smiled brightly. "Hi, Macey! Come on in!" She glanced at me and showed a look of surprise. "Oh, its you! I didn't know you were the famous Kayson Macey was always telling me about!"