Chapter 2

I sat at the dinner table with my sister. I was glaring at my Aunt and the person seated next to her. It was a CPS agent.

"Now, Kayson. Stop making such a face. He's just worried about you both. Living on your own at y'alls age is not an everyday accurance." My Aunt said.

I ignored her.

His name was Chase. He came once a moth to 'check up' on us but, i knew he only wanted to find the tiniest thing wrong so he could steal my precious baby. Each time i had heard him argue with my Aunt as to weather or not he could take Macey. Claiming she wasn't being taken proper care of. I had grown to really dislike him. No one touches my sister without my permission.

He smiled that fake work smile i hated so much. "Thats right. I just want to make sure you're not starving or having heath issues. Thats all. Nothing to be scared of."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not scared of you, moron. I just hate your guts."

"Kayson! That is not polite! Apologize right now!" My Aunt scolded me.

"No, no, its fine. He's just going through that rebellious age. They all do." He turned back to me. "Why do you hate my guts, exactly?"

I put it as bluntly as possible. "You want Macey."

That seemed to give him pause and he glanced at my Aunt.

"You can't have her. She's my little sister and i will protect her from jerks like you."

"Well, yes i do like Macey very much." He glanced at her. "She's a sweet little girl." She smiled back at him, unaware of his true intentions.

"Thats not what i meant and you know it! You want to take her away."

"Now, why do you say that, hmm?"

I sighed. "Adults really are stupid." I mutter just loud enough for him to hear but, not my Aunt. "I may only be sixteen but, that doesn't mean i don't know how to eavesdrop, ya know. Every time you come here you beg Auntie to let you have Macey. Well, i want to tell you something."

He leaned forward on his elbows, an amused smile on his face. "And what is that?"

I narrowed my eyes and growled, "No matter how many times you plead and beg i will never let you have her. Oh, and one more thing." I gave him a bored look. "You. Can. Kiss. My. Ass."

I could tell he was trying to keep his cool. He nodded and stood up. "I think i may have overstayed my visit. Thank you for the tea and cake Mrs. Pyne but, i really should be on my way. I have another appointment after this one."

"Are you sure? There's nothing else you need to check on?" My Aunt asked as she stood up. She gave me the look that said 'i wil talk to you later' before leading Chase to the door.

I knew she was mad at me but, seriously, who's going to stand around and let their little beloved sister be taken away from them for no reason? I certainly wasn't, that's for sure.

I got up quietly and headed for the stairs. I went up without my Aunt knowing and went to my room, locking the door behind me. I heard my Aunt still talking to Chase and that gave me a little time. I took my time opening the window in my room and was just about to jump out when i heard my Aunt's voice at the door. "Kayson Tey, unlock this door right now! We need to have a serious talk about your attitude lately."

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe later. I'm going out for a bit."

"No you are not! Now, let me in!"

"Bye!"

"Kayson! Wait! Kays-" The rest of her voice was cut off by the wind rushing past my ears as i dropped to the ground. I bolted for the street behind the house and didn't stop until i was about a mile away.

I took deep breaths. I was good at running, better than most but, even for me a mile is really far to run non-stop.

I walked slowly past the stores taking my time. I wasn't really listening to my surroundings until i heard a cry of pain. I looked all around me and then i heard it again. It was coming from a back alley behind the stores. I ran towards the sound. When i got there i stopped and raised my eyebrows. It was a group of guys all standing around someone. Opon closer inspection i realized the leader of the group was the boy from the other day. The one who tripped on his laces because i tied them. I was curious as to who was with them at first but, my expression soon turned cold when i saw a little girl sitting on the ground crying. I could see she had some bruises on her arms and one on her cheek. She looked to be the same age as Macey.

These assholes are hurting a little girl!

I growled and pushed through them to get to the girl. Suddenly, I was grabbed and thrown backwards. "Whats your business here! If you didn't notice, we're having a conversation right now!"

I stood up and glared at them. "You're hurting her. Let her alone."

He stared at me blankly. Then a spark of recignition flashed through his eyes. "Its you. You're the one who tied my shoes laces for no reason and made me fall!"

I smirked. "Wow. You don't even know why i did it. You're dumber than i thought."

"Excuse me?! What did you just call me?!"

"Dumb. You even have bad hearing. Your parents must be really disappointed they got you for a son."

I knew i was making him mad but, i could really care less. I was just trying to distract them so the little girl could get away.

"You little-...!" He went to punch me but, i saw it coming and stepped out of the way. I tripped him and as he stumbled i kicked him in the stomach. His croons charged me and started to beat me up. I have to say though, as much as it hurt to get kicked and punched, throwing some of my own and feeling that satisfying fist in a person's face was pretty nice. I managed to knock at least two of the four guys out.

Then they grabbed my arms and held me still. I tried to yank my arms away but, i couldn't. The guy came up in front of me. "So, do you give up? There's no way you can beat all of us."

I gave him a bored expression. "I could if it came to a 'don't trip' contest."

He blew his top. He punched me in the stomach so hard i saw stars. I cried out in pain but, quickly shut my mouth to hide any sign of weakness.

I looked up at him with a smirk. "That all you got?" I said in a raspy voice.

He glared at me. Then it was like slow motion as his fist came into contact with my face. The next thing i knew i had blacked out.

*******

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter is so short i needed to have a way to change people and if i changed them while in the same chapter it would be too long. I feaking love Kayson's personality! He is so badass! Hope you like this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco