Chapter 15

I held Kayla's hand as we walked to the park. She was talking about what movie we were going to see. Flicka. It was some horse movie. She picked it. I didn't really care what we saw.

"Flicka is such a pretty horse! She's perfect! I wish I had a horse like flicka. I'd ride her all the time and groom her and pet her and I'd even let her have some of my dinner if she wanted it!" Kayla was smiling brightly as she talked and I began to relax.

"But, you know, human food isn't good for horses. She might get sick." I said.

She frowned and thought for a moment. Then she smiled. "Then I'll buy her horse treats and give her those instead!"

I smiled and ruffled her hair. "Okay. That sounds like a good idea."

She continued to talk until we reached the theater and I told her to wait for me while I bought popcorn and drinks. She nodded and sat down to wait for me.

I stood in line for about ten minutes for I finally got to the counter. "Two tickets to the movie Flicka, one large popcorn and two medium sprites, please."

The girl standing there blushed and typed in my order. "We have other things on our menu if you would like an addition to your order, sir."

I smiled kindly and shook my head. "Sorry. I'm here with my sister so I'll just stick with normal stuff."

Her face got even redder and she quickly called the order to the staff working behind her. I took the popcorn and sodas and quickly walked away before the girl had a chance to flurt anymore.

I handed Kayla's drink to her and smiled. "Okay. Let's go."

We found the correct theater and chose seats near the front. As soon as Kayla was sitting she grabbed the popcorn and stared up at the screen. I couldn't help a chuckled and sat back to watch the movie as well.

It was actually pretty good. I wondered why they always chose a girl to play the main character in these movies but, it was still an okay movie. Flicka was a sweet horse and I smiled everytime she was on the screen.

I was just relaxing when Kayla leaned over and held the empty popcorn bag out to me. "Can you get some more, please?"

I nodded and took the bag. "Do not leave the theater, understand?"

She rolled her eyes and nodded. "I'm not stupid, Kyle."

I shrugged. "I'm just making sure. Stay here. I'll be back in a little bit."

She nodded and turned back to the screen. I left the theater and walked back into the lobby, the empty popcorn bag swinging by my side.

The cashier girl was still there and I hesitated. I could just tell Kayla they were out of popcorn... I shook my head and went forward. I couldn't be afraid of a girl.

She smiled shyly when I walked up and asked for a refill. She took the bag and asked the staff to fill it. I waited stiffly until she handed it back to me. "Thanks." I said quickly and hurriedly left.

I was about to step back into the theater when I heard angry, hushed voices coming from around the corner. I knew there was no theater over there and I paused.

Who could that be...?

*******

(Kayson's POV)

I wanted a distraction not a pain in the ass.

I clenched my fists to keep from stabbing the dick in front of me. "Go away, Bert. I don't have time to deal with you right now."