Chapter 25

The rest of the week was surprisingly easy and relaxing. I hung out with Kyle a few times and Macey was well behaved, not that she ever wasn't but, still. I could easily call it a good week.

It was currently Friday and I had completely forgotten about everything that had happened on Monday. I was sitting in history class staring out the window next to me. Mainly to keep from looking at the most wonderful boy sitting a few seats away.

I had slowly gotten closer to Kyle over the past few days. He'd brought me breakfast on Tuesday, walked with me Thursday, and, so far today, he'd called me sweet, cute, and an angel. Now, while I do not like being called cute names it can grow on you.

I had begun wanting to see Kyle all the time. My head was always full of him. It was driving me crazy...

Suddenly, there was a slapping sound and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I looked up at Mrs. Binnings and she narrowed her eyes. "How long do you plan to ignore my lesson?"

The slapping sound had been her ruler slamming onto my desk. I swallowed nervously. "S-sorry, Mrs. Binnings. I wasn't ignoring your lesson."

She huffed and turned away. "Pay attention."

I cleared my throat and looked down. "Uh, yes, ma'am..."

She turned away and I heard a snicker from my right. I glanced at Kyle and he sent me a smile as he mouthed, "Yes ma'am." and fluttered his eyelashes.

I glared at him as my face burned. He chuckled and ducked his head as Mrs. Binnings shot him a look of annoyance. I rolled my eyes and looked back out the window.

I ignored Kyle for the rest of class and pretended not to hear him as he talked to me. This aggravated him quite a bit and he started to frown. "Did I do something?"

"No." I said shortly.

He raised an eyebrow. "Then why won't you talk to me? I feel invisible." He pouted.

I giggled. "Because it's fun to see you complain."

His jaw dropped and I frowned. "What-

"That was the cutest sound I've ever heard..." He mumbled, his face turning a little red.

I blushed and slapped his arm. "Shut up... It wasn't cute at all..."

"Speak for yourself." He glanced at the bathroom and told me he'd meet me in the cafeteria. I frowned and glanced down. "Oh, hell no!" I choked out and bolted for the cafeteria. "Make sure to wash your hands!" I said as I hurried off.

I picked a table in the back in hopes of hiding from that stupid boy. He was so... I couldn't even explain it if I tried. I pulled my bag lunch out and started to munch on my carrots.

A few minutes later Kyle walked up and sat down, his face a bit red. I scooted away. "Did you wash your hands...?" I asked in a low voice.

He gave me a look and set his bag lunch on the table. "It's not that weird, Kayson."

"Just stop talking about it." I said as I put my sandwich down. "I don't even want to believe that actually happened. So, please, just stop talking."

He chuckled. "You're that embarrassed? It was your fault, you know."

"It was not!" I said a little to loudly, a few people glancing at me. I lowered my voice and cleared my throat. "It wasn't my fault. You just can't control-" I cut myself off. "You're gross..."

"No, you're adorable."

I grabbed my lunch and walked away from him. He grabbed his and followed me. "Kayson, lighten up. I was just teasing you."

"Well, stop. I was having a good day up until now."

He sighed and slipped an arm around my waist, quickly pecking my cheek. "Sorry, sweetheart." He whispered in my ear.

I wriggled away and stared at him in shock. "We're in a room full of over a hundred people!" I hissed. "What if someone saw?!"

"No one saw. Besides, I bet no one cares either." He said as he crossed his arms.

I rolled my eyes and sat down at a new table. He did the same and we continued with our lunch. "So, are you still coming over tomorrow?"

"For what?"

He scoffed. "Your birthday. Don't tell me you forgot that we talked about it."

I thought back and distantly remembered a conversation on that subject, no details though. "Sorry, I had alot on my mind."

"Like what?" He asked as he took a bit of his sandwich.

My eyes traveled over him and I turned a light pink as I looked away and took a sip of my juice. "Important stuff."

He glanced at me but, didn't argue. "Whatever. So, are you coming?"

"Yeah, sure. But, it'll be later in the day. I still want to take my sister out."

He shrugged. "Better for me anyways. I have stuff to do. I'll need to get ready."

I frowned. "Get ready for what?"

The bell rang and he picked up his stuff. "Can't talk now. Got to get to class." He sent me a smile before disappearing into the crowd of teens.

I frowned. "Get ready for what...?" I muttered to myself.

*******

Hey everyone! I am really sorry guys but, over the last couple days I've been really busy and when I finally got time to write this I couldn't think so it ended up short. I sincerely apologize for this short and sucky chapter. I will try my best to make it up to you. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco