Salvation

Johnatan Mauris. The owner of  successful company and underground King. When he wanted something he would get that effortlessly. He was the man of his words and never betrayed anyone, but he couldn't say that for the others. To the one who betrayed him, great punishment was following. Nobody could escape from Johnatan.

The only family he was left with was his little niece. She was a daughter of his brother. The attack happened on their family dinner, when everyone in their family except Johnatan and Emily, died. Since then Johnatan felt protective of his niece. The one who lead the attack was soon found and killed brutally. He was tortured for months until Johnatan let him die even if he wanted him to suffer more.

He promised to pick up Emily at her school. She was a senior in high school and soon to be graduatee. She already got accepted in the prestigious college with the little help of her uncle, but she was with no doubt A+ student. She was hardworking and smart wanting to make her deceased parents proud.

Waiting for his niece, Johnatan lit up a cigarette and looked at the students who starting to come out. Good old days! He was already 34 years old which means his graduation was sixteen years ago. He didn't even notice that many years passed from his youth. It made him feel old.

Something very interesting was happening in front of the school gate. Short girl with short black hair kicked some boy in his stomach. The boy was forced to give her his wallet. At first it seemed like she was bullying him, but Johnatan was surprised when he saw that girl gave the money to the other boy who looked scared. Probably, the boy she kicked bullied the scared boy so feisty girl helped him.

He smirked looking at her. It's the first time he saw a girl with similiar temperament as his. She sure didn't like harming innocent people instead she was helping them. And her face was very pretty. Johnatan thought that she came straight out of some fairytale. Her short black hair suited her as she usually wore black clothes. It was definitely representing her outside appearance, but actually she was a softie that hardly showed her emotions.

''Hey, uncle.'' Emily said breaking him out of his gaze.
''Hey. Already done?'' He asked.
''Yup.'' She chuckled. Maybe his niece knew who the girl was.
''Who is that?'' He asked looking at the black haired girl.
''That's Letia. She is junior and quite scary.'' Emily explained. He nodded and got inside the car. When they were ready, he drove off.

''Why did you ask?'' Emily said amused.
''She is interesting. I saw her kicking the boy.'' He smirked.
''Does my uncle finally like somebody?'' Emily teased him.
''No. I just said it like that. Don't jump into conclusions.'' Johnatan said, but he thought otherwise.

*

Walking in her house, Letia was greeted with the horrible smell of alcohol.
''Where were you, stupid?'' Her mother sneered.
''I was at school.'' Letia sighed.
''I don't care. Lunch is late. Make something.'' She said annoyed. Her mother was a definition of abuser and a witch. Letia never called her a mother and she never will. She just wants to turn 18 which will happen in few days and leave this place.

She put her school bag down and went in the kitchen to make a lunch for her so called mother, but only by blood. As she was cutting potatoes, Letia felt harsh impact on the back of her head. Yes, her mother just threw an empty bottle in her head.
''I could've recycled that.'' She muttered sarcastically.
''Hurry up.'' Brooke, her mother yelled.

To not piss her off more, Letia finished their lunch fast. She put the tomato soup in their plates and served it in front of her mother. Everything was calm until Brooke tasted it. She was pissed off because it tastes 'bad' to her. But since she was alcoholic, her sense of taste wasn't quite good.