Taking care of him

Suggested by raspberryskies

Rose felt something moving in the bed. More like shaking. And the blanket was being pulled on the other side. She opened her eyes and turned to look at the culprit of her husband.

He clutched the blanket to himself as his body was shaking. Rose pushed herself on her bum and leaned to his forehead. Putting her lips to his forehead, he was burning. She gasped softly and got up from the bed.

She rushed to the closet and took the bigger duvet and put it over him. Even when it was soon summer, her husband was cold and he had high fever. Shaking slowly stopped and he calmed down, still in a deep sleep.

She searched for pill in the drawer and filled a glass with water. She knew she would have to wake him up. Rose leaned on the bed and stroked his hair to gently wake him up.

''Caleb, wake up.'' She said carefully. He stirred before opening her eyes. He felt his sore body and let out a groan.
''You have fever, love. You need to take this pill.'' She brought the pill to his mouth as he opened his mouth. He drank the glass of water and sighed.

''Go back to sleep. We will call the doctor tomorrow.'' She whispered and kissed his forehead.
''Love you, baby.'' He said tiredly and fell asleep fast.
''Love you too.'' She smiled and laid next to him.

***

The next morning, Rose woke up first. Caleb's head rested on her chest as he was snuggled with his body in hers. She smiled and pecked his forehead. He was not longer burning, but he was still hot. Pill helped him a bit.

She tucked him in well and got up. Taking her phone, she dialled the doctor's phone number.
''Hello, Mrs. Quinn. What can I help you with?''
''Hi, Dr. Renes. Caleb has a high fever. It's probably a cold, but can you come check on him and give him some medicines?'' She asked.

''Of course I can, Mrs. Quinn. I will be there in twenty minutes.'' He reassured her.
''Thank you so much. I'll be waiting.'' She sighed when the call was done.

She decided to take care of him until Dr. Renes comes. She went to wash herself quickly and dress herself. She filled the basin with cold water and put a towel in.

Caleb was in a deep sleep when she removed his shirt slowly. The shirt was sweaty and that was a good thing. She was wiping his body to lower the fever. He eventually woke up.

''Good morning, sleepy head. How do you feel?'' She smiled brightly.
''Better when you touch me.'' He smirked lazily. She blushed at his words.

''My body is sore. What time is it?'' He asked.
''8 a.m. Dr. Renes will come soon.'' She notified.
''I need to work, baby. I'll be fine.'' He dismissed her words, trying to get up. She pushed his body back on the bed and shot him a look of warning.

''You got sick because of so much working. You will rest for a few days.'' She said sternly.
''But there is a lot of work that needs to get fixed. And I'm the only one who is in charge of that. I will be fine.''

If she couldn't make him stay with his words, she thought of the other way that always works on him. Tears gathered in her eyes as she pouted.

''You don't love me.'' She stated sadly and turned her face away from him. Caleb immediately panicked when he saw tears in her eyes and lifted himself on his butt.