Merciless - 2

Suggested by tazy55
A/N
Just a cute little continuation and sweet end. Enjoy.

Zane took a shower head and moved it across Violet's body. She wasn't able to shower anymore as she was 38 weeks far. Her big protruding bump wasn't allowing her to do much stuff and she had to rest a lot.

Zane was careful around her and there for her every day through her pregnancy. She was having bad mood swings especially in the last trimester. But Zane went through that with her too.

He wiped her body and dressed her in her undergarments. Her belly was so big she couldn't see her toes at all. He slipped on her a baggy dress to make her comfortable.

"Thank you." She smiled and pecked his lips.

"Everything for you." He leaned down and kissed her bump where he could feel her daughter kick. He smiled as he rubbed her stomach.

"She is always more active when you are near her. That's unfair." Violet pouted.

"She knows who to love more." He smirked as Violet punched his shoulder playfully.

"I'm just kidding. Don't get all mad." He teased.

"I know." Violet giggled. Zane was always scared to make her upset. He was more lovable towards her than before.

"Get some rest." He said as he helped her in the bed. He helped her lean on the headboard and covered her legs. She kissed his cheek in appreciation.

His phone rang suddenly as he quickly excused himself. He went out of the room and picked up the call. It was one of his men but he didn't want to worry Violet.

"What's wrong, Rodriguez?" Zane asked firmly.

"Boss, Sullivan doesn't want to sign." The man said.

"What do you mean he doesn't want to sign? We had a deal." Zane hissed.

"I don't know what to do. He gave up."  The man clearly feared for his life.

"F*cking fine. We don't need him. I'll come to the office in a few days." Zane dismissed him and hung up the call. He was pissed and annoyed. Sullivan was a man who very much influenced the underworld. Zane could do the shipping without his help, but a lot harder.

He returned to the room to see Violet crying and eating a chocolate bar. He was still angry from the call and she was making him annoyed.

"Why the f*ck are you crying for?" He grumbled.

"I feel huge and I don't like it." She sobbed wiping her tears but more kept coming out.

"You are f*cking huge, Violet. Did you expect to be slim when you are f*cking pregnant? You are f*cking annoying with all the whining and crying." He spat, feeling all riled up.

Violet was looking at him with an open mouth in shock. She never thought she would hear such a harsh word coming from him. She was indeed unstable with her emotions but that was all normal in pregnancy.

He looked at her the last time before opening the window of the balcony and going out to lit the cigarette. She didn't want to upset him more as she knew something happened when he picked the call up. She softly cried in the bed trying to get ahold of her emotions but she couldn't.

He could hear her hiccups and sniffles as guilt wrapped around him. He knew he shouldn't react like he did but he was just overwhelmed with everything. He quickly stomped on the cigarette and walked back into the room to brush his teeth. Violet didn't allow him to come closer if he smelled smoke.

Soon enough he returned to her and sat next to her feet. She still hasn't calmed down after his outburst.
"Violet, I'm sorry." He said.

"I hate you. You are awful." She spat, wiping her tears angrily. Breath constricted in his chest when he heard how hateful tone she used.

"You don't mean that. Violet, I didn't mean to say those words. I was angry after the call and I took it out on you when I shouldn't have." He explained.

"Yes, Zane. You shouldn't have said that. I know that my emotions are all over the place but you know I can't get ahold of it. I have been tired when she is kicking me all the time, I need to be in this bed all the time, I can't move anywhere at all. I'm exhausted. My body aches and I'm the one who has to deal with the pain. I thought you could be more understanding." She uttered disappointment at him.

"I know, baby. You are so strong and brave for enduring this. I'm so happy that we are going to become parents. Please believe me, that I had no intention to hurt you. I was just over the edge lately, but I will fix it. I'm so sorry." He said as he kissed her lips softly.

"Promise me that this won't happen again. I won't give you a second chance." She warned.

"I promise you. I love you so much." He whispered against her lips.

"I love you too." She smiled and pecked his lips cutely.

"But I need to pee. Help me up."

He gently pulled her off of the bed and wrapped the arm around her waist. She could only make a step before she hissed in pain.

"What's wrong?" He asked frightened and looked over her body to see a liquor down her legs.

"My water broke." She uttered through clenched teeth. His eyes widened in shock and fear.

"We need to go to the hospital." He said and rushed to take the baby bag and slipped in his shoes. He swung the bag over his shoulder and picked her up. Violet was impressed with his strength but she couldn't think of anything as a contraction hit her.

"I'm scared." She whimpered as he brought her to the car. He kissed her forehead and slipped her into the car.

"You don't have to be. I'm with you." He smiled and closed her door before coming to the driver's seat. He started the car right away and drove off to the hospital. Every few minutes, Violet would get a contraction which made her sweat and go red from the pressure.

"Almost there, my sweet girl." He reassured her and held her hand. She thought about the doctor's suggestions and focused on breathing. It made it a tad bit easier.

Zane soon reached the hospital and parked near the entrance. He helped Violet to get out and searched for a nurse who appeared with the wheelchair. They took her to the room as the other nurse called Zane to fill in some documents.

When Zane finished, he immediately rushed to Violet who was yelling in the room.
"Get me Zane. Get me my husband."

Zane opened the door and rushed to her side. She calmed herself down and held his hand.
"I'm here, love. I had to fill in some papers. I'm here now." He reassured her and kissed her hand.

"I want to give birth now. It hurts." She hissed. The doctor came to check on her and said she had to get delayed a few more centimeters.

***

Five hours later, one almost broken hand and too many tears, the little girl was brought on the world. She had her mother's hair and her father's eyes. She resembled her mother more.

"She is cute." Violet smiled rocking her daughter softly. Zane stroked her soft little cheeks as she cooed and went back to sleep.

"I love you." Zane said, kissing Violet's forehead.

"I love you too. Have you told our parents?" She asked softly, trying not to wake the baby in her arms.

"They are on their way."

"How should we name her?" Violet asked.

"Gabriella." He answered, looking at his little princess.

"Gabriella Smith. I love it." Violet agreed.

Don't forget to vote and comment.