Salvation - 2

7 years later

"Why are you so nervous, Letia? My uncle won't leave you at the altar, silly girl." Emily chuckled, looking at the black haired girl. Her hair got longer just like she always wanted and her body was dressed in lacey white gown. 

No matter how much Johnatan persuaded her to buy more revealing wedding dress because of a summer time, she didn't want to. She wanted to be pretty on their wedding day. Letia didn't want to show her ugly scars and regret it later for buying a dress with the cleavage. And she adored her wedding dress that was in such a contrast with her midnight black hair.

"I know. But what if I make a mistake? What if I embarrass Johnatan in front of the people?" She panicked.

"Letia, now you are really spatting nonsense. Johnatan loves you and I'm sure you won't do anything embarrassing. And if you trip, who cares. You are getting married not them. So just relax and smile. You know that my uncle loves to see you smile." She reassured Letia who visibly relaxed.

"You are right. Everything will be fine." She mustered a big smile and hugged Emily once again for support. 

"Now go and marry my uncle." Emily teased and ushered her.

Firmly holding a bouquet of white roses, Letia started walking out of the room down the hallway where wedding would be held. Emily was close behind following as maid of honor. Emily was, too, excited to see their wedding and uncle whom she loved very much. Her uncle was like her second father after she lost hers.

Johnatan was impatient as his nerves started wrecking. He was so eager to meet his beautiful bride. People in the hall were mostly his relatives and business partners. Letia, unfortunately, didn't have anyone to come, except her few friends that were also colleagues at her work. When she tried calling her aunt, all she got was a voice mail, few times in a row.

She had to walk alone down the aisle. Even if she felt empty and aching for her father's hold, she knew that her forever would be waiting her at the end. And he did. Their eyes met and the same butterflies appeared in the stomach. 

Johnatan couldn't take his eyes off of his soon-to-be wife. Everything about them was so pure that nobody could understand. They were each other's salvation.

Letia reached the altar and handed flowers to Emily. Johnatan finally got ahold of her delicate hand, as he always called her. His eyes were sparkling with unshredded tears. She could only think how handsome her soon-to-be husband was.

"We are gathered together on this day to witness and celebrate the marriage of Letia and Johnatan. We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to acknowledge and strengthen a bond that already exists." Priest started the wedding ceremony.

Johnatan couldn't let go of Letia's hand. He held it in hers until they had to exchange rings. And it was the most beautiful moment anyone could witness. Only pure passion was between those two lovers and no one could ever separate them.

After saying 'I do' to each other they finally felt complete. Johnatan pulled Letia in sweet kiss and she almost giggled at his eagerness. 

"Don't be impatient, silly." She giggled, making him smile. After seven years, Letia smiled every day thanks to Johnatan. Even after a crying session, they both managed to put on a smile. Because they loved each other truly.

"What do you expect me to do when my wife is this hot?" He whispered in her ear making her blush crimson.

The people clapped as the couple gave the appreciative nods and smiles. After signing marriage certificate, the party started. Johnatan and Letia welcomed some of the business partners and some of her colleagues.

Then they had their first dance. 

Johnatan swiped Letia pf her feet swiftly and pulled her to his hard chest. She wrapped her hands around his neck, her heels helping her a lot. 

"I can't believe that I'm this lucky to have this sexy wife all to myself." He spoke in her ear teasingly.

"Well, you should know that you're mine only. And you can't look at any other women too." She said, getting her priorities straight. She knew that Johnatan was handsome, but he was also her husband.

"Someone's getting possessive, I see. But don't worry, baby, I only have eyes for you." He chuckled and kissed her softly. She blushed and hid her face in his chest as they moved along with the music. They could wait to finish this and travel to their honeymoon destination.

***

Waking up, Letia ran to the bathroom. She showered and dressed up. She wanted to make a nice breakfast in the cottage they stayed in for their honeymoon. But she also had a present for Johnatan before he woke up. 

She took a small red box from the suitcase. Just to check everything again, she opened it and saw that everything was on the place. A positive pregnancy test and the ultrasound picture. She was already happy for the new upcoming family member. They just got married, but in short eight months, a baby will arrive.

She tiptoed to their bed where Johnatan was sleeping and put the box on her empty pillow. She rushed out of the room and walked towards the kitchen. Her palms got sweaty and she figured out how nervous she had been. 

She caressed her stomach and thoughtful smile appeared on her face. She will be a mother. After everything she has been through with her mother, she couldn't believe that she will get a chance to experience a motherhood. She swore that she her children will only have love and understanding, something she never had from her mother.

Her mother was accepted in psychiatric ward five years ago. Despite everything she made Letia go through, Letia visits her once a month. But her mother isn't the same woman she was. She really got better. Letia was so strong to forgive her for her wrongdoings, but her relationship would never be the same. Now, Letia has her own life, loving husband and baby on the way. She let go of the past.

Her thoughts closed as she moved to finish omelette and put it in the separate plates. She found it weird that she hadn't heard screaming or her name coming of Johnatan's mouth. She prepared their breakfast and left it to check on Johnatan. He usually woke up early in the morning as he was used to because of his work.

She padded her way towards their bedroom and opened the door slowly. Her heart ached at the sight. Johnatan was firmly holding pregnancy test and ultrasound picture as he was crying. 

"Love, why are you crying?" Letia asked. She sat next to him and rubbed his back. She kind of felt scared at his sudden reaction.

"I'm happy and...scared." He answered with silent tears streaming down his face.

 "Why would you be scared?" She frowned confused.

"I feel that I'm not good enough to be a father. What if our baby doesn't like me?" He asked sadly, looking at the spot on the ultrasound. Letia couldn't help herself, but laugh.

"I promise that our child won't be scared of you. You're just putting thoughts in your head." She reassured him as she wiped his tears. He smiled as his hands covered her whole stomach. 

"It's growing inside, right?" She nodded, smiling.

"Will you love me when I get fat?" She asked, in hope he would say yes. He breathed out a laugh and kissed her passionately.

"I will love you till the day I die."

I thought they deserved better ending so here is part 2. Don't forget to vote and comment.