Accepting Him

Suggested by shivinlover1826

A/N

Hi! This will be a sort of fanfic because the person who suggested it wanted it. I hope you like it.

Naira was standing beside Kartik as he was holding a meeting. She was in a daze as he professionally and seriously was explaining new deals with partners of his Kaira Industry.

She was stealing glances at him and although her face was with a light smile, she was grinning uncontrollably in her mind. To be this close to her boss was everything to her. She fell in love with her boss as soon as she stepped into the company for the first time. But it seems as if Kartik never noticed her feelings.

Regardless, she wanted to be next to him. And she was happy like that. Not until one day when her world turned around.

"Oh, hey Naira! Do you have time now?" Her colleague asked her.

"Yes. Do you need something?" She asked innocently not noticing her boss behind the corner.

"I was wondering if you would like to go on a date." Naira looked at him wide-eyed. She never expected someone to ask her on a date. But she felt a bit excited.

"I think we could go." She shyly said.

"Friday is good?" He asked. She nodded but Kartik showed up.

"I will need your help on Friday. We have important...stuff to do." He said smugly.

"Oh. I guess we will need to cancel our date. I will call you when I'm free." Naira said. That pissed Kartik off. And she knew something was wrong with Kartik as he never acted like that.

Her colleague turned around with a smile when she looked at Kartik.

"With all due respect, Sir. What was that? You said that I will have a free night on Friday." She asked confused.

"Well, something came up. Remember that you are working for me." He said. He was right and she could always get another free day.

"Alright." She nodded sadly and passed to the elevator. Kartik looked at her guiltily and went in the opposite direction. He had a reason for what he did and she will soon know.

That Friday was the day when he confessed his love to her. Since then they have been in a relationship and even tho she knew from the experience how to act professionally when the person she was in love with was right next to her, Kartik didn't.

He stole every chance to kiss her or hug her. She only hoped not to be seen by her colleagues who already disliked her for being close to their boss.

One day, Naira was bringing him a tea as he was complaining about a headache. Before she knocked, she heard Kartik yelling at someone.

"You couldn't even keep the guns safe. For what do I pay you?"

With a startled gasp, a hot tea splashed against her hands as she cried out. The door opened and Kartik was there to help her.

"Are you alright, love? How did this happen?" He asked as he slowly wiped her hands with his handkerchief.

She was watching him fearfully as he helped her up and ordered one of the employees to clean the mess.

He brought her to his private toilet and put her hands under the cold water.
"Kartik." She started, getting terrified to even mention his conversation.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He took a towel and wiped her reddish hands.

"I heard your conversation. Why were you mentioning guns?" She asked.

He stopped and put the towel aside. He knew he needed to tell her someday. And just when it was going great.

"Come with me. I will tell you." He said and pulled her into the office.

"This company is a cover-up for my primary business. I'm the head of the mafia, love. I wanted to tell you but I didn't know how." He explained, watching her reaction. Her mouth was agape and she removed her hands from his.

"A mob boss. How could you keep a secret like that from me?" She asked angrily.

"I didn't want to. Please, believe me. I love you, Naira." Kartik pleaded desperately. She shook her head in denial and walked out of his office still feeling stinging on her hands.

***

It was free weekend for Naira. She lived in a small apartment in the centre of the town. She had loud neigbours abive her but she managed to get a good sleep at night at least.

She hasn't talked to Kartik since the event that occured a few days ago. She's been acting passively towards Kartik even though he wanted to start a conversation.

She was watching TV shows with an ice cream box in her lap when she heard knocking and bell ringing continuously. She was agitated but got up from her couch anyway to open the door.

In front of the door was one and only, her boss Kartik. He was wearing a casual sweats and a shirt. He looked drained.

''I need to talk to you, Naira. Please, hear me out.'' Kartik pleaded.

''And what will you explain or tell? You're mafia boss either way. You do illegal business that I don't approve of.'' She said and it felt like a slap to his head.

''I know. But I would never show that side to you. And I primarily work with weapons.'' He saud as if he will lessen the tension.

''Yeah, weapons for killing people.'' She brushed him off.

''Listen, Naira. I love you. And I know you love me too. I want to marry you one day. And I can promise you that my job won't interfere with our private life or relationship. Believe me on this.'' He said seriously while taking her cold hands in his much warmer ones.

''I feel as if one day that job will take you forever from me. I would be devastated if that happens.'' She cried.

He took her in his arms and let her sob in his chest. She was so cute worrying about him and his heart loved her even more.

''I promise to try my best to protect us. And if I break the promise, you can kill me yourself.'' He said through a chuckle when she smacked his chest.

''Don't joke about it.'' She said through tears. He wiped it off with his thumbs and pulled her closer.

"Everything will be okay." Kartik said and sealed his promise with a kiss.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑴𝒂𝒇𝒊𝒂 𝑨𝒈𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒑 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒔 🎉