Part 1

It was bright and early in the morning when lily halstead woke up to her phone buzzing on the bed side table, she groaned into her pillow and got up to see who was calling her.

She saw her brothers name plastered across the screen with a cheesy baby picture above it, she rolled her eyes and answered the call. "Are you seriously still in bed?" She huffed at his annoyed tone. "No, no I'm literally ready" she lied through her teeth. "Good, I'm outside. Hurry up!" She put the phone down and stumbled out of bed to get changed. She couldn't be late on her first day of work, she was excited to be working alongside her older brother but she also couldn't be bothered with his over protective manner.

As soon as she was changed she grabbed a hair brush, her keys and her jacket then left to go meet jay outside in his car. "So you were still in bed?" He sighed as she slid into the passenger side with bed head. "Shut up" she smiled at him. She had missed him so much, it was never the same when she was in LA. Jay surrendered his arms to her and he started driving to work.

She brushed her hair and put it into a loose middle Parting low pony, "are you sure this is where you wanna be?" Jay said with a doubtful tone. She smiled and threw the hair brush into the back of the car, "sick of me already huh?". He laughed at her response, "clearly. Seriously though, I just want you to be happy" he admitted. She smiled at his caring nature and nudged his arm, "I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else, I'm finally home". He smiled back at her calling Chicago home. It had always been lily, jay and Will, that was until lily left for LA. But now that she was back they could be complete again.

The drive to the district was short, jay parked in his usual place and they hopped out to go to work. Jay wasn't really keen on his sister being in such a dangerous job but she wasn't 15 still so he couldn't control her life like he used to. "Halstead!" Trudy shouted from the desk. They both pointed to themselves wondering which one she was talking about. She shook her head and laughed, "sorry this is gonna take a bit of getting used to, lily it's you that I need" she corrected herself.

Both siblings nodded and jay left to join the unit in the bullpen, lily walked over to the front desk. "Nice to finally meet you kid, if you could just sign a few forms then drop them off back here by the end of shift that'd useful" she smiled while handing her some sheets of paper. Lily smiled sarcastically, "oh the joys of paperwork" trudy laughed and waved her off.

Lily took a deep breath before walking through the gate and up the stairs, once she made it to the top of them and into the big room full of detectives she smiled and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm lily halstead. Nice to meet you all!" She said trying to start off on a good foot. The team all smiled at her, "oh we already know who you are" adam shouted from his desk.

She laughed and rolled her eyes at jay before leaving towards the locker room, hailey smirked at jay since they were partners and she joined lily in the locker room. "Hey, I'm hailey. Jays partner" she offered her hand out. Lily shook her hand, "oh yeah, I've heard all about you" she snitched on jay like a little kid would. Hailey raised her eyebrows in shock as she watched the brunette put her things into her locker, "oh have you?". Lily smiled back, "mmhmm" she said with a wink. They were going to get along just fine.

They heard Voight talking to the rest of the unit so they quickly made their way into the bullpen again. "Lily right?" Hank said while smiling at her. She nodded proudly, "that's me". Hank widened his arms to show of the detectives around him, "welcome to intelligence" he smiled before leaving for his office. "Thanks sarge" she shouted as Voight turned to close his door.

She was partnered up with olinsky so her desk was in between Kim's and als. They were filling out paper work when Hank interrupted their tracks, "Mikayla stevens, 19 year old OD victim being treated in med. She's one of the 5 victims to have came forward after being found on the side of the road" he said as he placed her picture onto the board next 4 other girls.

Jay immediately looked over to his sister who had looked to the floor trying to avoid his eye contact, the girl was in the same position jay remembered her in when she was that age, all doped up and OD'ing all the time. "Olinksy, halstead go get a statement from Mikayla at med" Voight gave them the order.

Lily could sense jay wasn't okay with her being close on this case but she grabbed her jacket and left with al anyways. "You remind me of your brother when he first joined the unit" Alvin smiled at lily as they drove to med. "oh yeah?" She said intrigued. "Yeah, he would always wear that million dollar halstead smile" she smiled at his compliment as he focused on the road again.

When they arrived at med she immediately spotted wills ginger hair from the crowd of doctors, "hey will! Which rooms Mikayla stevens in?" She said speeding things up a bit. Her brother smiled at her, "nice to see you too, she's in treatment 5. I gotta warn you though she hasn't talked to any male doctors, just our female nurses..." he added with a frown.

The two detectives nodded and walked over to her room, "Am I good to take it?" She double checked with al. He smiled and nodded, she smiled back and entered Mikaylas room with a knock. "Hey Mikayla, I'm detective lily halstead. Am I okay to sit?" She said in a soft tone. The young girl who was barely even an adult smiled weakly at her, "yeah sure".

Lily took a seat next to her bed and began, "I'm here to ask you a few questions is that okay?" The young girl smiled back, "yeah, I can't remember much though..." she added sounding slight disappointed. Lily took her hand and smiled reassuringly, "anything will help, big or small" the young girl agreed with her.

"Okay so how did you end up on the side of the road?" She said calmly. Mikayla took a deep breath, "I was at a party in some guys house, he had supplied me with drinks all night and I accepted them. I didn't think anything of it until he was all over me and I couldn't see straight. Next thing I know I'm laying down in the dirt, I think he uh-I think he rap..." she explained but came to tears.

Lily cut her off knowing how saying something makes it true, "hey, shhh. If he did then we can confirm that. Don't worry, it's not your fault. None of this is okay?" She said while hugging the distressed girl tightly. "But it is my fault, I took the drinks, I trusted him..." she started but was cut off again by lily. "Look at me okay, I know how you feel. I do, and you are bigger than this, you will fight this. Believe me" lily explained but her stomach sank herself.

"How do you know?" Mikayla said while looking at her with glassy eyes. Lily went to explain but she couldn't spit the words out, "I just do..." she said with a sad tone. "Hey, listen. You've done really well. We've got a lot to go off now, all thanks to you. Rest up Mikayla, I'll be back to let you know if we catch him!" Lily said changing the subject as she hugged the girl one last time before leaving to join olinsky again.