Part 8

Lily made her way downstairs and walked into the cage room, she opened the back door and stepped outside around the back of the building where it was quiet.  Since it was rush hour there wasn't any officers standing around talking by their squad cars, they were all out patrolling.  She closed her eyes and put her hands in her pockets, she let the breezy air caress her cheeks.  Her thought pattern was interrupted when she heard rustling coming from behind the cars in the far right corner of the staff parking lot. 

            Her curiosity got the best of her and she walked over to the noise, she was eager to help if someone was in danger.  As she got closer to the noise it stopped, she looked behind the cars to find nothingness, there was nobody there.  She shook it off realising it must've been an animal or something and turned around to go back inside.  As she turned around she bumped into a man who was stood in front of her, she jumped back and apologised straight away, "oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't see y..." she started her apology but cut herself off when the man pulled down his hood.

             Her body became paralysed in fear, "a-alex?" She stuttered in shock, she couldn't believe it.  She was stood looking at her abusive stalker ex boyfriend who the team was working tirelessly to find.  Alex grinned evilly at her and he walked even closer to her, she backed up but she hit the wall behind her after two steps.  "Uh, I don't know what you want but..." she started but was cut off by his hand covering her mouth.  She went to grab his arm but he beat her to it, he restrained her arms and pulled her into his chest.  He tightened his grip on both her arms and her face so she couldn't move or shout, he picked her up and threw her to the floor.  She winced in pain but she was winded so she couldn't shout, he crouched down and climbed on top of her.  "You thought you could just run away when you got your life together didn't you?" He snarled in her face as he grabbed a hold of her wrists.

She let her tears run down her face, "let go of me" she cried out in fear. He laughed cruelly and shook her vigorously, her body slammed onto the cold hard concrete with every shake. "I don't think so little miss perfect" he said before throwing a punch at her cheek. Her head spun to the side and she went dizzy for a second as some blood trickled out from her mouth, "that's for ending us" he growled.  She looked at him in sadness, he punched her again but harder this time and even more blood poured out from her mouth, "that's for leaving me" he snapped. She hardly caught her breath back before he pulled a knife up to her throat, she began to tremble fearing for her life. He laughed at her poor attempt of fighting back, "and this is for snitching..." he said before ripping her shirt down the middle, revealing her chest and stomach.

She prepared to die alone and looked away from him as he pierced the knife into her chest. She didn't know what he was doing but she felt the excruciating pain shoot through her body and she cried out weakly. Alex put away the knife after what felt like an eternity of torture for lily and he got up to stand over her, "I'll see you around" he laughed while kicking her in the side before pulling his hood up and running away so he wouldn't get caught.

She remained vulnerable on the floor, there was not a single officer in sight even though she was laying half dead outside of a police station.

Jay was working away just like the rest of the unit when he looked over to the clock on the wall next to him and realised that his little sister had been gone for 15 minutes. "Anyone heard from lily?" Jay said worriedly as he stood up. The unit all shook their heads and looked around in hopes to see lily somewhere, Hank had heard the confusion outside from his detectives so he made his way out to join them. "What's wrong?" He said while noticing the worry on jays face. "She's been gone for 15 minutes, somethings wrong. I can't feel it..." jay said while shaking his head. Hank looked around and realised she wasn't there, he looked at the rest of the unit who now also looked concerned.

"I'm going to look for her..." jay said as he walked away from them. Hank nodded and followed him out, the rest of the unit trailed behind them. "Hey Trudy you seen lily anywhere?" Jay said while making his way over to the desk. Trudy looked confused since the whole intelligence unit was stood in her lobby, "no, why? I haven't seen her since this morning" trudy replied back also getting suspicious. Jay bit his lip and sighed, he ran down to the cage room and headed towards the back door. He swung open the door as Hank and the unit followed in his tracks. "I can't see her" Kim panicked as they all looked around.

Lily could feel her body getting colder and colder, she could hear her brother and the unit standing by the door talking but she didn't have any energy left in her to shout. She knew she had to do something so they would find her so she picked up a tree branch that had fallen down and landed next to her, she waved it in the air hoping they would hear or see it.

Jay was moving around trying to find her until he saw a branch poking up from the top of the car, "over there!" He shouted before sprinting over to the corner. His body was hit with horror as he saw his baby sister laying lifeless on the ground, he fell to the floor and took the branch from her hands, he threw it away and placed his hand under her head. "Lil! Lily..." he said while looking at the blood coming from her chest and mouth. The rest of the unit had joined him and they stood watching him comfort his sister, "I'm gonna call an ambulance" hailey said before walking away. Hank knelt down next to jay and took over for him by supporting her head so jay could check for injuries.

Jay gently searched her body for any hidden wounds but she was only damaged from the torso up, he held the side of her face and wiped away her tears so she could at least see a bit better. She spluttered and coughed up some blood, "h-he w-was he-here..." she spat out using the little energy she had left. The rest of the unit who was standing behind them heard what she said and they immediately spread out and searched the block for any signs of Alex. It was just jay, Hank and lily alone.

She cried out in pain, "hey sshhhhh I got you" jay said with tears in his eyes. Hank looked worried and got up to look for hailey, "where this ambulance?" He shouted in anger. Hailey pulled the phone down from her ear to answer him, "5 minutes out Sarge" she shouted back. Hank got back down on his knees and grabbed Lily's hand, "hang in there, you're gonna be okay" he said unconvincingly.

She gasped for air and winced in pain again, her spare hand was wavering in the air since she didn't know what to do with it. She reached out for jay and he grabbed it, "stay awake for me okay? Don't close your eyes just yet" he begged noticing her eyes were looking heavy.