Part 11

She must've been asleep for a while because when she woke up the hospital ER was quiet and she had her brothers sleeping by her side. She assumed it was somewhat early morning and fell back asleep knowing she had them by her side.

When she woke up in the morning she expected to see jay and Will but she had a pleasant surprise to see hailey, "hey hails..." she said half happy half confused. Hailey looked up from her phone, "lily, hey. How're you feeling?" she asked a kinda stupid but thoughtful question. Lily smiled and sat in a more comfortable position, "better than yesterday" she said while gently touching her face.

Hailey nodded, "jay had to go work since they found a lead, Alex's credit card was used at an atm machine three times the other day at the same store downtown. He must be hiding nearby so they're getting the surveillance footage now..." hailey explained noticing Lily's confused stares. Lily mouthed 'oh' since she didn't really know what to say, she really wanted Alex locked up but a part of her wanted him to roam free or something. She knew that his anger would be spilling over the top by the time he gets released from prison, it was only a matter of years before he found her again.

            "They'll get him lily, you don't need do worry anymore" she said reassuringly.  Lily flashed her a week smile, "has jay told you everything?" She said while looking down.  Hailey smiled back, "yeah he saved you the trouble, you're a real fighter you know" she complimented her strength. Lily laughed quietly and looked up at her realising she was right, "thanks" she said weakly.  The pair sat chatting away until haileys phone rang.  "Upton...okay I'll meet you there" she said while staring at lily.  "That was jay, they've got a possible location..." she said while getting up immediately and leaving.  Will was stood at the desk as he watched hailey run out of his sisters room and out of the ER, he looked back into Lily's room to see her sat in shock, her face as pale as a sheet of paper.

He immediately ran into her room, "lil? Lily talk to me okay? What's going on?" Will said while sitting down on her bed and taking her hand in his. She looked up at him while shaking, "they might've found him..." she mumbled out.  Will immediately sighed in relief and pulled her into a meaningful hug.  "That's good lil, he won't hurt your again" Will said abruptly but softly.  She shook her head uncontrollably, "no, no he's gonna find me when he gets out of prison. A-and, he'll kill me. Will, he will kill me..." she said while having a panic attack.  Her heart rate monitor started beeping and Will called for help, "lily! Can you hear me?" He said as she fell unconscious.  He formed a fist and firmly rubbed it in the middle of her chest, "she's out" Will said to dr Choi as he joined him.  Her blood pressure was also low, "get her a CT scan, just in case" Will said while pushing more saline solution into her IV line. 

            As jay and Kim gathered the final evidence they headed to the location to meet the rest of the unit, "wait for my order" Hank barked at them as they took their place outside of the warehouse.  "Move in!" Hank said after a moment of silence.  The team flooded into the building and spread out into each room, "clear" they all shouted through their radios apart from jay and hailey. 

            Hailey noticed a tent in the corner of the room, someone was inside.  She signalled to jay quietly that she was going to get closer and he nodded while covering her back.  "Chicago PD!" Hailey shouted before pulling open the zipped up patch and pointing her gun to the person inside.  To her expectations, it was Alex.  Jay joined her and as soon as he saw him he lunged towards the monster who was still half asleep.  Hailey attempted to pull jay back and stop him from killing Alex but he was stronger than her so he slipped out of her grasp, jay managed to throw a few punches in his face before Hank pulled him back. 

              "Jay! That's enough" Hank said seriously while pulling his elite detective back.  Jay got up and caught his breath back as Antonio arrested Alex making sure the handcuffs were extra tight. Alex stood up and met jays eye level, "she was worth it" he laughed in jays face which made him even more angry. He went to lunge at Alex again but Hank held him back since he was on the job not in the streets.

            Jay huffed and accepted that he couldn't strangle Alex to death.  When they finished up, the unit headed over to med to see how lily was holding up.  When they finally arrived jay was the first to make it into the reception, before he could even check in Will came running out.  "Will? Everything okay" jay said with his arms out stopping his brother in his tracks.  Will shook his head, "it's lily, she's unconscious" he broke the sad news.  The unit remained silent but the air felt icy cold, jay could feel his legs getting weak.  "I-is she gonna be okay..." he said to Will not too sure if he even wanted the answer.

           Will curled his lips together, "we don't know yet, she's in radiology getting a CT scan now. She had a pretty sever panic attack, if there's no cardiac issues then she'll wake up but we can't promise anything until we get the results..." he said full of doubt.  Jay felt his stomach sink to the the floor, he sat down before he could crumble and Will left to go check on the scan.  "She'll pull through jay" Hank said while sitting next to him.  Jay shook his head in regret, "I shouldn't have let her go, she was young and afraid. There were plenty of rehab centres in Chicago but I watched her leave..." jay blames himself.  Hank looked at him, "jay shes not a kid and she wasn't back then either, you couldn't have stopped her. You can't always be there for her and no matter how hard you try to protect her, there's always gonna be tough moments that are out of your reach" Hank advised him to stop worrying.  He looked at his boss and smiled weakly, "yeah I guess..." he agreed.

             Upstairs in radiology Will was pacing the floor, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, half an hour.  There was a noise coming from behind him so he turned around and saw dr Beckett stood with a half sad half happy face, he walked over to her but she spoke before he could, "Will..."

The Truth Can Stingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें