Part 2

"You did good" olinsky said while turning to walk away with his partner. She flashed a fake smile and they drove back to the district in silence. As they made their way up into the bullpen Lily didn't make eye contact with anyone, instead she headed over to the locker room, jay had noticed and followed her.

She made it to the locker room and she crashed down onto the bench, she let her tears flow freely but silently as she stayed there for a few seconds. Her thoughts were interrupted when jay sat down opposite her, "she's like me jay, just like me" she whispered so no one else could here. Jay understood and pulled her into a hug, he moved to sit next to her on the same bench so he could comfort her more.

"I know I know" jay said while stroking her hair since that always used to calm her down. The truth is the reason she left Chicago in the first place was because she couldn't stand being in the place where she fell into her drug addiction, let alone staying in the town where she was raped. They stayed in silence for a few seconds and lily pulled away from jay.

"She blames herself, just like I did" she whispered again while catching her breath back. Jay smiled sadly at her knowing that the case was going to get personal for them both, "if she's anything like you, she'll come back even stronger. I promise lil" he said while rubbing her back. Both of them were startled by hailey who came into the locker room, "hey, sorry to interrupt but Voight wants us all..." she said while looking at lily who was wiping her tears away.

She shot jay a whats going on glare but he shook his head signalling for her to leave it. Hailey understood and left them alone before joining the unit like Voight had asked. A few seconds later, lily followed her out then jay followed his little sister.

When they reappeared back in the bull pen the unit were looking at the siblings in confusion, "everything alright?" Hank said while staring at lily. She nodded and fake smiled, "yeah we're good sarge" jay said which let the rest of the unit know to leave it.

Hank nodded suspiciously but explained his new findings anyways, "we've got a hit on the guy, turns out the rape kits came back positive on all 5 girls so we have dna evidence that he's definitely our guy" he said with an unfazed expression.

"Jay and hailey, you guys stop by the college campus that they go to and see if there's anything going down tonight that we can bust" Voight gave them the order and they accepted without a debate. Hank shot lily a worried look one last time before vanishing back into his office again.

The rest of the unit got on with paper work, lily realised she still had to go give trudy her forms so she went downstairs and met her at the desk. "At your service..." lily joked while curtsying and handing trudy the forms. "Ahhh nice and early, you're my new favourite" she smiled back. Their little conversation was stopped by a carry on erupting from outside of the station.

Lily ran outside to break up whatever fight was going on but as she stepped in the middle of the group to pry them from each other, she took a blow to the face and it knocked her to the ground. Trudy joined them and spilt up the row, "you good halstead?" She said while helping her up. Lily regained her eyesight back and nodded, "uh yeah I think, how do I look?" She said jokingly and pointing to the blood on her face.

"Well i have to admit you looked better this morning kiddo" she replied matching the new detectives energy. Lily laughed in slight discomfort as they made their way back into the reception area, "if you head upstairs one of the guys will get you cleaned up, it doesn't look like you'll need stitches" trudy said on a more serious note. Lily agreed and buzzed herself upstairs again. She could feel the bruising starting to form already and she could taste blood that had dropped into her mouth.

"Woah! What happened to you?" Adam said in a shocked tone. His concern made Hank surface from his office, "what happened?" Hank said while walking towards her. She shrugged her shoulders and wiped some blood from the side of her face, "I broke up a fight outside and took a blow to the face in the process. Nothing a bandaid can't fix" she smiled at her boss. Hank nodded and left knowing she was okay, "come on I'll get you cleaned up" Kim said while guiding lily to the break room.

Jay and hailey arrived back at the district and as they made their way to their desks jay spotted his sister and Kim in the break room. "What's going on in there?" Jay said to Kevin while pointing to lily, Kevin sighed and stood up "she took a punch while breaking up a fight downstairs" he summed up. Jays eyes grew wide with worry and he walked over to the break room, "hey you okay? I heard what happened" he said while walking over to lily. She rolled her eyes and smiled as Kim did the same, "I'm fine jay, it's just a little cut that's all" she said while tilting her head so Kim could but a bandaid on her laceration. "She doesn't need stitches if you're worried about her losing her looks" Kim joked while raising an eyebrow at jay. He smiled and then looked at lily who was laughing. "Are you sure you're okay? Any dizziness or memory loss?" Jay said while holding her head and checking it over again. Lily grabbed his arms, "jay, I'm fine really. Did you find anything?" She said changing the subject.

Jay pulled lily back out into the bullpen so him and hailey could explain with everyone there. "Right so we found some little paper slips on the side of the dorms, there's a party tonight at the campus. I'm assuming the guy who did this is gonna be there" hailey explained. Hank nodded while he had his arms crossed, "okay then, Atwater and Ruzek you guys are gonna go undercover and bust him" he said before turning around to go back to his office. "Hey sarge don't you think it might be a better idea to have someone who looks more their age go with Atwater. No offence adam but you don't exactly look like a college kid anymore" olinsky said hoping it wouldn't offend him, not that he cared. "None taken..." Adam said slightly hurt. Hank looked at lily then looked at Adam, "mmm. Lily, you'll go instead" Hank decided before he went back to his office and closed the door behind him.

Everyone could see jay wasn't happy about it but no one said anything, lily didn't go against orders so she sat back down at her desk and got on with paper work until it was time to make the bust.