Part 18

"Is your head okay?" Jay worryingly asked lily as some blood trickled down her face.  She laughed, "I'm fine jay, just a scratch" she said before walking over to the ambo to get it cleaned up.  Hank and jay watched the CFD clean up before Boden dismissed them. 

              "You okay?" Lily asked al while he drove them back.  Alvin smiled widely, "I'm fine how's your head" he said while looking at her bandage.  She smiled, "it looks worse than is" she smiled back.  When they arrived back at the district they got in with paper work, they weren't assigned to another case so Hank let them go at about 6pm.  "See you guys tomorrow" he said before closing his door.  Jay and lily stood up and headed downstairs with hailey, "you guys going to mollys?" Hailey said while walking over to her car.  Jay looked at lily for an answer, "yeah" she answered for jay and herself.  Hailey smiled and got in her car, "see you there" she said with a smile.  Jay and lily got in the car and headed over to the bar, when they got there it was quieter than last night but it was full of the city's hero's. 

              "The usual?" Hermann said to lily as she sat at the bar.  She smiled, "please" lily said with a sigh.  Hermann looked at her with a smile, "how'd you manage that?" He said while noticing her cut.  She went to reply but she was cut off by gallo who walked over to sit next to her.  "She nearly got blown up" gallo said while smiling at lily.  Hermann noticed the two smiling at each other, "uhhhh, am I interrupting something?" he said while handing them both a beer.  Lily laughed, "no, you're good. He's right though, a bomb blew up but luckily my knight in shining armour covered me" she said with a playful eye roll and a head tilt towards gallo who was sat next to her.  Hermann laughed, "oh lucky you, glad you're okay though" he joked before leaving the two alone.

Jay, hailey, nat and Will were all sat at a table together. They were drinking beers and laughing away until jay choked on his drink, "uh jay buddy you good?" Will said while laughing at him. Jay gathered himself together and looked at Will, "who's she sat with?!" He said in a loud (ish) whisper. Will looked over to the bar to see lily sat with a brown haired man around her age, he shrugged his shoulders and shook it off. Hailey laughed, "that's Blake gallo from firehouse 51, that's who saved her from the bomb this morning" she said while taking a sip from her beer. Jay still looked disgusted, "what?" Will said while staring back at him. Jay raised his eyebrows, "you're fine with it?!" He said protectively. Will scoffed, "why wouldn't I be? I trust her, let her live a little jay" Will said with a sigh.

Jay furrowed his brows at the firefighter sat next to his sister, "leave them alone, besides I haven't seen her looking this happy in months" Will added sounding not too bothered. Jay huffed, "fine" he said before taking another sip. They talked away at the table but jay kept looking at lily and gallo every so often, he hated to think that he would hurt her like Alex did but he knew he couldn't keep her locked up in his apartment all the time.

"Oh so you're one of those guys" lily laughed at gallos jokes. Gallo pretended to be offended, "one of those guys? What's that supposed to mean huh?" He said while laughing. Lily smiled and put her beer down, "the terrible dad jokes" she laughed at his humour. Gallo looked proud of his jokes, "ouch" he smiled. Lily laughed and then realised the time. "God it's that late?!" She said in shock. Gallo also looked at his phone, "yeah, time flies when you're having fun" he said which made her smile. She hadn't felt this happy since the Alex ordeal, "Will i be seeing you again any time soon?" Gallo said as he swivelled around on the stool. She laughed, "oh yeah, 100%" she said as she slid him his card with her number on. Gallo smiled and slipped her card in his pocket, she smiled at him one last time before going to pay for her drink, gallo stopped her and payed for her. "On me" he said while giving her the money back. She smiled widely, "such a gentleman" she joked which made him laugh again.

"Here she comes" nat said as she noticed lily walking towards the table. Jay shot her the evil eyes, "uh oh what I do this time?" She said in confusion. "Nothing, you didn't do anything" Will said while kicking jays leg under the table. Hailey laughed at the brothers and nat shook her head, "okay then..." lily said while still being confused. "Come on, we got work tomorrow" jay sighed as he jumped down from the chair then helped hailey down. "See you later" lily said to Will and jay as the trio left the bar. Hailey smiled at lily, "so you and gallo?" she asked which made jay scoff. "We're just friends" lily sighed noticing jays reaction. Hailey laughed and grabbed Lily's shoulder, "see you tomorrow" she said as she left to go get in her car. Lily and Jay waved her off then got in jays car to go home, "I don't think so" jay said clearly talking about gallo. Lily shot him an angry look, "you haven't even met him yet, and like I said to hails, we're just friends" she scoffed as jay started driving home. Jay rolled his eyes, "you said that last time, and the time before, and the time before that..." he over exaggerated the situation. "Shut up" lily said with a smirk.

When they got home jay was still being bitter with her since he didn't want her getting hurt again, they got a quick snack and separated into their own rooms.  They were both asleep but at around 2am jay woke up to a scream, he immediately got up and ran into Lily's room.  He paused for a second to see her shaking and kicking her legs about, she hadn't had a night terror in ages which made him confused.  Usually they had triggers but sometimes they were just random, he ran over to the side of her bed and knelt down, he gently grabbed her arm to snap her out of it but she didn't stop.  He realised she wasn't going to wake up from a gentle touch so he wrapped his arms around her which pinned down her arms since she was hurting herself.  "Hey shhhh, calm down I got you" he said which snapped her out of it.  He still had her pinned down since she had kicked herself a few times and she already had bruises forming on her legs. 

              She let out a few cries as jay held her tight, he was scared of letting her go through this again with gallo.  "I got you" he said reassuringly since she was shaking.  5 minutes had passed and jay was sat with her since she was still shaking and feeling rather hot, "lily?" Jay said as he placed the back of his hand on her forehead, she was burning up.  His face turned into a confused frown, "lily, You okay?" He asked again.  She didn't answer him, she just kept shaking and trembling.  Jay grew worried since this had never happened before, even after her more serious nightmares she still calmed down and went back to sleep, she had never just completely froze before.