Part 15

Lily was getting changed into something hailey had fetched her, she put on some comfy sports  leggings and she went to put her hoodie on over her vest top but she stopped in her tracks.  "Breakfast is ready!" Jay shouted from the kitchen.  Lily didn't answer, she didn't even pay attention, her eyes were fixated on the letter A calved into her chest, she didn't know how to feel.  Sad, angry, embarrassed, it was all too confusing for her.

            "Lily?" Jay shouted out from the kitchen since she didn't answer the first time.  Jay grew fairly worried and walked to her room to check on her, he slowly poked his head around the door in case she was still changing but he stepped into her room realising she was in a world of her own.  "Lil?" He said while gently placing his hand on her shoulder, she didn't flinch but she was still staring at herself in the mirror.  She snapped out of it and stared at jay through the mirror, "look at it" she said with slight hints of anger and embarrassment.  Jay furrowed his brows, "it'll clear up, don't worry about it" he reassured her and helped her out her hoodie on.  He led her away from the mirror and out into the kitchen since the pancakes were done.

             "My favourite" lily said with a smile as she sat down to eat.  Jay smiled and stood on the other side of the counter eating his, he ate his at the same pace as she did but he watched her eat.  She fiddled with the pancakes before taking a bit out of them, he knew she was still scared but going on and on about it would only make her worse.  "How you feeling?" He said while cleaning up the plates.  She paused for a second before answering, "I don't know" she said truthfully.  Jay turned around and smiled sadly at her, "that's okay, it takes time" he let her know she wasn't alone. Lily nodded back and turned around to go sit on the couch, she gasped slightly as she sat down since her ribs still ached, she stared at the tv for a second, then at the picture frames on the desk nearby.

Jay noticed her eyes wandering around the room, "what?" He said confused. Lily smiled slightly, "I miss mom...and dad" she corrected herself. Jay changed the channel over and agreed, "yeah me too" he said. They both watched TV until jays phone rang, "Halstead...oh okay well thanks for letting me know" he said while looking bummed. Lily stared at him, "what's wrong?" She said with a frown. Jay looked at her, "it's Will, hostage situation at work. He got struck over the head but he's okay now, Nat just wanted us to know..." he explained. Lily's eyes grew wide with worry, "oh my god, is nat sure he's okay?" She said while sitting up slightly. Jay noticed her getting worried and when she sat up she clutched her side in pain, "yeah yeah he's fine. Take it easy, you're gonna hurt yourself" he said while pushing her back down. She sighed in defeat and relaxed back down, the time dragged in since they had nothing to do, it was around 7pm and they heard a knock at the door.

"Come in" jay shouted half expecting it to be hailey or Will. "Hey guys, figured you'd be bored so..." hailey said while holding out monopoly. Lily smiled and laughed carefully and jay shot her a thankful smile, "let's do it" she said while climbing down to the floor. The trio played monopoly and ate snacks all night, it was only about 10pm but Lily couldn't even keep her eyes awake so she climbed up onto the arm chair and laid down. Jay smiled at hailey and they just let her doze off, "hopefully she'll get more sleep tonight" jay quietly said to his partner. The pair climbed up onto the larger couch and put on a film, they noticed lily flinching in her sleep a few times but other than that she was still sleeping. "She's had more sleep in 2 hours now than she had last night" jay said seeming a little more relaxed. Hailey smiled, "she probably feels more at ease, she's lucky to have you, you know" hailey said while smiling at the younger detective sat close to them. Jay nodded proudly and smiled, "yeah I guess" he humbled himself back down.

"I better get going, call if you need me" hailey said while getting up to leave. Jay also got up and saw her out, "I really appreciate you doing all this, thank you" he said before she left. "Anytime" hailey smiled back. Jay smiled and watched her leave before closing the door, he turned his attention back to lily who was still sleeping. He wanted to take her to her own bed but he feared if he moved her she wouldn't get back to sleep, instead he decided it was best to sleep on the couch. He grabbed some blankets and pillows from his room and covered lily with one gently and settled down himself.

To his surprise she slept the whole night without waking up screaming, he heard her moving around a few times but nothing that worried him too much. They both woke up at the same time as sun beamed through the windows, they both stayed on the couch and just put on the TV since they had nothing better to do, "you heard anything from Will?" Lily said with not too much of an expression. Jay shook his head, "nah, I'm sure he's fine" he shook it off. Jay and Will never really let their concern for each other show but lily knew they cared for each other's wellbeing. She nodded and tuned her focus back to the tv, jay had been avoiding the news channel in case anything about Alex popped up and triggered her. They spent all their time watching horror, comedy and true crime films.