Part 12

"Will..." dr Beckett started.  Will didn't say anything, he just listened.  "She's cleared, her brain shows no damage. She's still out though, the only reason she hasn't woken up yet is because she hasn't slept in days, maybe even a week" Will looked upset but he nodded. "Thank you, I really appreciate it" he said before turning to go find his brother.

               As he made his way into the waiting room he saw the whole unit waiting nervously, "jay..." Will started as his brother jumped up.  "Is she okay?" Jay said tiredly, Will nodded his head vaguely.  "She's got no internal damage but she hasn't woke up yet.  She hasn't slept for days, maybe even a week..." will confessed sadly.  Jay looked at him in worry, no one had noticed and no one helped.  "Can we see her?" Jay said meaning only the two brothers.  The unit all sat back down and watched the brothers leave. 

            Jay and Will walked into her room, their hearts aches seeing their baby sister laying there trapped in her tiny body.  "When's she gonna wake up?" Jay said realising she brought him happiness.  "When her body's ready" will answered not really knowing when that would be.  Jay looked down wanting to deny the possibility that he might not see her and hear her laughter for a while.  "I gotta get back to work, can you stay with her?" Will said as his pager was being flagged.  Jay nodded definitely, "I'm not leaving her" he said protectively.  Will smiled and ran off to the ER again.  Jay stared at lily who was resting away, she looked so alone and scared.  "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, I should've tried harder. I'm sorry..." he said to her while grabbing her hand even though she couldn't hear him, or so he thought. 

              Lily began to see stars, her eyes were adjusting to some sort of light and she could hear beeping.  She could also hear jays breath nearby and his hand was latched onto hers.  She couldn't talk, her body was weak and she didn't have that kind of energy.  The most she could do was listen to her surroundings and look at the blurry light above her, she plucked up a small bit of effort and wiggled her fingers.

           Jay was sat with his head on her hand, it was silent and cold until he felt movement brush across his forehead.  He moved his head back and stared at her hand for a second, he went to put his head back down thinking he imagined it until her fingers moved again.  "Lily?" He said with hope.  He stood up so he could see her face, she was trying to keep her eyes open but the light was too bright.  He quickly ran over to the door and switched the light of, "is that better?" He said while grabbing her hand again.  She fluttered her eyes open and regained her eyesight, she immediately saw jay by her side and flashed a groggy smile. "Did you get him?" She slurred out. Jay laughed at her typical manners, "yeah we did, we got him lil" he said while hugging her hand since that's all he could really do.

            He got up to go look for Will outside, "Will? Will she's awake" he said spotting his brother.  Will ran over to her room, he walked in and smiled at her.  "Hey lil" he said while taking the seat jay was just in.  He grabbed her hand just like his brother did and she relaxed at their presence.  "You guys look like death" she said while slowly dragging herself up into a relaxed seated position.  Jay and Will looked at each other and scoffed, "that's the first thing you say to us both? We look like death, thanks lil" jay joked which made her laugh.  She seemed much happier now that she could sleep easy knowing Alex was locked up. 

               "You wanna see the team?" Jay said since she hadn't seen them all in a while.  "Yeah sure" she said liking the idea of company.  Will stayed with jay in the room as the unit split into two halves to take turns, "hey guys" lily said to the first bunch of detectives that had appeared in front of her.  "Hey lily" they all said in unison.  They chatted for about half an hour and the first lot left to give the second group a chance too. 

             "Hey lily" hailey said while walking over to her.  She was close with lily more than any of the others, probably because of jay.  "Hey hails, thanks for staying with me before" she thanked hailey who smiled at the gesture.  The seconds group also made a lot of conversation before they left, it was late so once they all said their goodbyes they left the brothers and lily at med.  That was all apart from Voight, "hey sarge..." she said while looking down.  Hank smiled and stood next to jay.  "How you feeling?" He checked up on his detective.  Lily smiled and laughed slightly, "not too bad actually, I'll be better when I'm outta this place though" she joked which made the brothers roll their eyes jokingly. 

               Hank stayed for about an hour and talked about what would happen next, "so i don't have to take him to court?" She said shocked.  Hank smiled, "no kiddo, you're free of your worries" he said while getting up.  She smiled thankfully but stayed silent as hank left, "hey will, when can I go home...well back to jays?" She corrected herself.  Will excused himself and then reappeared again a few minutes later, "dr Beckett says you should be good to go tomorrow evening" he smiled which made Jay and lily also smile.  "Good, I mean I love seeing your ginger hair all the time but this place, ugh I hate hospitals" she sighed.  Jay agreed and Will laughed, "I gotta go but get some rest, both of you" Will said before leaving to go to work.

             Lily went to settle down and sleep but she noticed jay looked uncomfortable, "you ain't gonna fit on that" she said while watching him squash onto a small arm chair.  Jay looked at her and pretended to be offended, "what's that supposed to mean?" He said while squirming in the chair.  Lily raised her eye brow and scooted over in her larger bed, "here" she said while signalling for him to sleep next to her.  Jay smiled and got up, "I feel 12 again" he said as the siblings shared a hug.  They soon dozed off and fell into deep sleeps, both of them snoring like middle aged dads.