Part 22

"You ready to go?" Jay shouted into Lily's room.  She walked out with her badge and gun on her waist and nodded.  They headed out to his car and he drove them to work, when they arrived they said their hellos to trudy and walked into the bullpen, she looked at jay and took a deep breath.  "I'll tell him myself..." she said while walking over to hanks office.  Jay nodded in approval and walked over to hailey by his desk.

             "Hey sarge you got a minute?" She poked her head into his office.  He smiled and nodded, "how you feeling?" He checked up on his detective since all he heard was that she went into shock and had to be sedated.  She smiled and sat down on the chair opposite him, "a lot better thanks, that's actually what I'm here to talk about..." she sighed.  Hank sat up straight to listen, "I was treated at med and uh, dr Charles diagnosed me with, um, depression..." she spat out while looking to the floor.  Hank smiled widely, "that's okay kiddo, you'll get through it. I'm here if you need anything" he said before giving her a hug.  She wiped away the tear that had escaped and accepted the hug, "thanks Sarge" she said before following him out of his office.

The unit turned to look at a glassy eyed lily and sad looking Hank as they surfaced from his office, "hey guys, uhm, I got something I need to address but before I do I just want you to know you won't have to tread on egg shells around me, just treat me how you normally would..." she started to explain which caught everyone's attention. She smiled at jay before finishing, "I'm okay from my attack the other day, but I have depression..." she said while looking down in embarrassment. The unit didn't know how to respond since she seemed so happy and well put together. Hailey spoke for the team, "we've always got your back, no matter the situation" she said before pulling lily into a heart felt hug. The team all agreed and got up to give her a hug individually before sitting back down, Hank shot jay a sad smile before he explained the case.

"Male DOA shot dead, suspected gang violence. We're gonna need to find a lead before these pricks strike again" he explained in annoyance. They all nodded and got back to work, lily smiled at jay who looked at her with a proud wink. They worked for hours on end until Kim found a website giving out their next targets, she told Hank and the team before they made their way downstairs to gear up.  Lily felt weird, like she didn't care if she got shot, she didn't really like the feeling but at the same time she felt something other than pain so she didn't mind it.  She kept her thoughts to herself and followed voights demands, "wait for my order" he said before the pairs separated into their own cars. 

              When they arrived on scene they hid in plain sight, the watched bullets fly by here and there before Hank shouted out, "move in!" He ordered in his raspy voice.  The team done as he said, lily ha the urge to just tackle the gang members to the floor, if she got shot, she got shot in her mind there was no difference.  She decided to hang back since she didn't really feel like losing her job today.  As they captured and arrested the guys they cleared up the scene and headed back to the district.  "Great work today guys, head out" Hank said before disappearing again.

          The elite detectives grabbed their belongings and headed out, jay and hailey walked out with lily.  "See you tomorrow" hailey said with a smile.  Lily and jay waved her off, "you good?" Jay done his regular check up.  She smiled and laughed, "I'm good" she replied with a grin, it was half fake and half real.  They drove home and jay reminded lily to take her medication, "here you go" he said while passing her a pill and a glass of water.  She looked at it for a second before grabbing it and swallowing it without the water, jay watched her take it so she couldn't get out of the medication thing.  She hated it, the facts that she needed drugs for her to feel a little bit human churned her stomach but she was willing to do anything to recover fully, anything to live again. 

            They sat and watched a film, sat on their phones and done regular sibling stuff, lily hadn't talked to gallo since her incident and she didn't plan on talking to him either.  She wanted to wait for him to see her when she was at her best, whenever that would be.  Lily's mind wandered endlessly about anything and everything but jay couldn't hear her thoughts so she kept them too herself and kept it all private. 

           When the night grew closer and closer they began to get real sleepy, they headed off to bed and slept the whole night.  They were on call the next morning so that meant that they didn't have to go into work unless Hank called them with a case telling them they had to meet him at a location at a certain time.  When lily woke up she checked the time and rolled out of bed, she put on some leggings and a hoodie before putting a jacket and boots on to keep her warm.  Jay always got up early compared to her so she walked out and her fashion caught jays attention, "where are you going?" He said protectively.  Lily smiled and rolled her eyes, "for a walk..." she said sarcastically.  Jay furrowed his brows, she scoffed and looked at him, " I'm not gonna jump in front of a bus or anything..." she joked.  She knew that's what jay was worried about, he looked scared at her dark humour but sighed and let her go.  He stopped her before she left, "you got your radio on you?" He checked since they were still practically at work.  She sighed and nodded, "okay, be safe..." he warned her before she turned to leave and shut the door behind her.