: 22 :

Melo POV

I just felt like everything was going bad. I can't force imani into anything she doesn't want. She knows I'm not the same way with her like I am other girls. Daijon nudges me pulling me out of my thoughts. "Yo you good?" He asked looking at me confused.

"Nah bro I fucked up... like big time" i shook my head. "What happened wit you and imani i thought y'all talked?" He asked. "I'll tell you later," I stood leaving the cafeteria hearing the lunch bell ring.

"Wait for me nigga damn!" Daij hollered but I just continued to walk. I stopped at my locker placing my bag in there when airi walked up to me. "Hey you might wanna check of Nini I don't know what's wrong I think she's sick" she said. I just nodded closing my locker walking down the hall.

I finally arrived to next period seeing Nini already sitting in her seat. I didn't bother sitting next to her knowing she'd throw a fit and run away from me like she has been all day. I thought if I confessed my feelings to her something good would've come out of it. I sighed taking my seat putting in my AirPods not listening to the lesson.

The last bell for school finally rang and I grabbed my stuff heading to the gym. I always waited for Nini after practice, I was trying not to make it weird and keep the same routine but I couldn't get my mind off that kiss. I don't get why she'd kiss me back if she wasn't feeling me. I took my normal seat at the top of the bleachers watching imani and the rest of the team start practice. Daij texted me saying he stayed after for something extra so he joined me.

"So what the fuck happened now y'all both acting weird as shit" he asks taking a seat. "I kissed her..." I sighed. He looked at me shocked raising his hand to dap me up I slapped it away "nigga she ain't talking to me now move" I laughed. "That's what this about you know she always play hard to get I don't even know why you trippin" he shrugged.

"It's whatever honestly i just hope we can talk and still be cool but knowing her stubborn ass it could go so many ways,"

"Bro stop stressing you got it come on we all know you and Imani was gone get together sooner or later" daijon tried to reassure me. I just shook my head all the events leading up to right now replaying in my head. "Yo melo!" I heard Airi call grabbing my attention. She was standing with Imani and practice look like it had ended early. I grab my bag telling daijon to follow meeting them at the door.

"Wassup" i nod Imani not even looking my way. "What the fuck did you do to her?" She asks furious crossing her arms. I chuckle "lil girl i i ain't do shit mind ya business." "Can we lease just go Airi" nini sighs pretending to be on her phone. "I can't take you home I'm going to my unc house" she says.

"So Nini you riding wit me?" I asked stepping closer to her. She was trying to look everywhere but my eyes so I held her chin making her look at me. She immediately moved my hand "yea whatever but touch me again and I'll break your fingers" she threatens throwing her bag on her shoulder walking out. "I'll catch y'all later" i said waving by catching up to her at my car. I quickly unlock it throwing my bag in the trunk getting in the drivers seat.

Nini just sat not saying a word, i couldn't even read the expression on her face she just looked unfazed but irritated at the same time.

"Are we gone sit here all day, or you gone drive?" She says with an attitude. I lowly chuckle starting up the car "is we gone talk or you gone continue to be immature?" I asked looking at her. She rolled her eyes smacking her lips. "Bro just drive I don't have time for this." She mumbled.

I take the keys out of the ignition letting the car turn off. "Lamelo nigga I'm not even supposed to be with you right now take me home" she groans.