: 20 :

Imani Pov

I woke up in melo's bed laying halfway on top of him. The shit we did last night... i don't even know where it came from. i really let melo kiss all up on my neck giving me a bunch of hickies. we didn't fuck or nothin but if we continued we was definitely going to get to that point, but we're interrupted by gelo knocking on the door. all my feelings for melo were different now to be honest i didn't know what exactly to feel. i mean yea he's fine as hell but we're friends at least that's what i thought.

there was no way in hell i was gonna let melo remember this shit, i definitely needed time to think about our relationship now. i walked into the bathroom seeing my neck, it was covered in so many dark spots. so i took some concealer and covered up the spots as best i could. i always kept an extra makeup bag at melo's, he always got me going to some type of party with his ass.

i was just gonna have to make up a lie when he woke up. i'm sure melo doesn't feel the same it was a spur in the moment kind of thing, i just didn't wanna get my feelings hurt if i brought it up.

i walked back into his room, laying down next to him. i knew he was about to he kept shifting around. i watched his eyes lowly opening, making me close mine quickly pretending to be sleep.

he nudged me "mamas" he whispered. "hmm" i hummed opening my eyes i was tryin not to smile hearing his new nickname for me, it was cute. "bitch you wasn't sleep the fuck was you doing" he laughed rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "nigga the fuck yes i was" i lied.

lamelo rolled his eyes at me sucking his teeth "yo ass never wakes up that easily not ever in yo life and i felt you get up" he said. i rolled my eyes turning away from facing him. after that he got real quiet, i figured he was thinking about last night. "lemme ask you sum" he said. my heart was beating so fast if he asked i was going to lie my fucking ass off.

"what?" i asked "what happened after i showered last night?" he asked looking me straight in the eyes.

"yo dumb ass walked in on me changing and then you uhh passed out on the bed," i shrugged getting up throwing on one of his hoodies stuffing my swimsuit in my bag.

"that's all?" he asked looking real in thought about something. i nodded.

"yea.... imma head home my mom probably wondering where i'm at" i said going to walk out. melo stopped me grabbing my forearm "she know you here why you in a rush?" he asked looking confused. i moved his hand off me "nigga because i wanna leave." i walked out the door.

i tried to sneak in the front door but i heard a drawer slam in the kitchen. "IMANI DEJA WALKER IS THAT YOU?" my mom hollered. "fuck" i silently cursed under my breath. "yes ma'am it's me" i replied. "get yo ass in here NOW!" she said. i slowly walked to the kitchen past DJ who was dying laughing on the couch. i walk in finding her standing in the kitchen with her arms crossed and mean mug on her face.

"yes?" i quietly said. "i'm just gone assume you was at the balls last night?" she asked. i nodded.

"and you did not let me know why?" she scolded. "i went there right after school i thought.." she cut me off. "mhmm you coming up in here wearing all his lil clothes and shit... did y'all have sex?" she asked looking me dead in my eye. "MOMMA!" i exclaimed throwing mf hands up in defeat. "girl i know what y'all be doing at this age.... don't have no damn babies running round my house you hear me?" she asked stepping closer to me. "yes ma'am" i mumbled.

"you ain't allowed over there for 2 weeks and he not gone be up in here either you got it?" she asked tilting her head. "but ma you know melo and i are close" i pleaded. "uh uh i don't care you grown enough to be making yo own decisions where you wanna sleep at so since you back in MY HOUSE you gone follow MY RULES," she said. DJ walked in clapping "momma d laying down the law on yo ass nini" he laughed in my face. my mom smacked him upside his head "boy go on and get outta here and take lele to the store she been in my ear all morning." she ordered.

she still held a glare on her face and i was just standing there awkwardly. "i have work so clean up this kitchen then head to yo room i'll be back around 6" she said handing me the broom. she grabbed her bag while heading out the front door being lele and dj. i sighed in annoyance she always doing the most talking bout some i can't go to melos and he can't come here. i shook my head tidying up the kitchen and then going upstairs to wipe the makeup of my neck.

i laid down in my bed pulling out my phone texting airi about how i'm imprisoned for 2 weeks. i got up finally changing out of his hoodie into some short and a t-shirt pulling my hair into a bun. there was a knock at my door,  i groaned "dj if that's you i'm not in the mood to be bothered go somewhere" i said laying back on my bed burying my face back into my pillow.

"you forgot yo other bag" i heard melo's voice. i immediately cover my whole body with the blanket rembering my hickeys. "okay thanks bye!" i said.

"why you acting weird?" he tugged on the blanket but i held onto it with dear life. "i'm not i just wanna be left alone now bye," i said. "nini if something happened to you let me know," he cooed softly rubbing my back. i smacked his hand away. "i said i'm okay lamelo now go" i demanded. he kept but he still sat on my bed. he caught me off guard quickly yanking the blanket away from me revealing myself. he was bout to say something until i watched his eyes shift down to my neck.

"imani..." he said scooting closer to me. "it's nothing don't worry about it" i lied.

"who did th- you ain't have these earlier?" he said titling my head to the side, rubbing his thumb over them.

he grabbed me pulling me into his chest to get a better look at them. "melo stop" i moved his hands. he smacked my hand away; "so it wasn't a dream?" he asked with a shocked look on his face. i slowly nodded.

"what you lie for?" he asked cupping my cheeks, "because nigga you and i both know you do not like me... we don't need to talk about this i know the answer already" i sigh. he chuckled "bro your dumb as hell". i scoffed pushing him back. "says you... anyways you can't be here my mom said not for 2 weeks" i said turning away from him sitting back on my bed. "liar don't be tryna change the subject" he said.

i got up not wanting to be next to him, instead he pulled me back into his lap.

"who ever said i ain't like you?" he asked with a smirk. i rolled my eyes. "melo don't with the games i don't have time for this" i said trying to get up but he had a right hold around my waist.

"we need to talk.... seriously" melo said.

"okay but please not today i need to get my mind straight first" i confesses he nodded letting me up walking out.

a/n idk why y'all insist i keep this book going but okay so be it! i might do a continuous of this day in the next chapter idk yet bye! didn't proof read so i apologize.