: 21 :

2 days later

i woke up for school just as my alarm went off. i hadn't talked to melo all weekend and i knew as soon as i saw him at school i was going to get an ear full. my mom was not playing no games about these 2 weeks. she would'nt even let him come onto my porch.

i quickly got dressed hearing my phone ding, it was a text from airi saying she was here. that's another thing momma d ain't allowing him to take me to school either. she was slowly getting on my last nerves with all these bullshit ass rules all because i forgot to call her when i was only next door.

i finally finished my hair and light makeup walking downstairs. gelo, dj, and jray sat at the island eating. "the grinch has finally risen" dj laughed poking at me. i smack his hand away making my own plate of food.

"aye what happened between you and melo he been acting all mad and shit anytime someone brings you up?" gelo asked. i rolled my eyes. "nigga my momma is being annoying i'm not allowed to see him right now" i say. "damn that's tuff" he laughed.

i just rolled my eyes walking out the front door. i turned to see melo also leaving his house, i quickly walked to airi car not looking his way. i felt weird around melo now. so i decided i'm going to avoid him and this conversation we are supposed to have all together.

"so how's life since you can't see melo?" airi asked pulling out of my driveway. if i'm being honest, i don't know how i was going to face lamelo after my new found feelings. i know we messed around a few nights ago but i provoked it honestly. if i hadn't worn that bathing suit i most likely would have never even let him do what he did. which i failed to cover before i left my house.

"i don't know its weird not seeing his long neck ass everyday but my momma not playing" i shrugged. we soon pulled into the school parking lot meeting up with the boys by my locker.

"hey y'all" airi smiles. "wassup airi" melo pulled her into him and swung his arm over her shoulder. melo didn't even look my way or say anything. everyone looked at me weird seeing as we didn't greet eachother. i was lowkey hurt but i know how petty melo can be when he's mad so i'm not even gone worry about it.

"yo nini lemme talk to you real quick" daij grabbed my hand pulling me away from the group. i could feel melo's stare as we walked away. "what?" i rolled my eyes leaning against the lockers around the corner from everyone.
"you good what happened with melo, why ain't he say hi?" he asked.

"he's mad at me and i'm not allowed to see him right now" i said. he looked me like i was dumb.

"what you mean you ain't allowed to see him sum happen between y'all?" he raised his eyebrow.

"my mom got mad cause i stayed the night at his without telling her," i shrugged. he just nodded walking back over to the gang. melo was being extra friendly with airi and it was starting to piss me off. "airi lets go before we late" i smile dragging her away. melo grabs her forearm pulling her back into him "hold up ain't no rush i can walk her." he says. i looked at airi thinking she would decline melo and walk with me but she just shrugged walking the other way with him.

i huffed crossing my arms turning to walk down the hall to my first class. melo is sitting at his usual desk so i take my seat not saying a word to him.

he was being extra talkative with everyone in the class. i just side eyed him, i knew what he was trying to do and i wasn't about to let the shit affect me. he was being childish and i wasn't about to entertain it. the bell rang and i quickly pick up my stuff and leave walking to the gym. i find daij and tomi sitting on the bleachers so i join them pulling out my phone.

"yo you good nini?" daij nudged me. i nodded just as i was about to move down the bleachers to sit closer to them melo walked in looking directly at me holding eye contact til he reached us. he shoved his hands in his pockets still staring me down with an annoyed expression. "stop staring at me bitch" i mumbled. "what was that?" he asked stepping on the bleacher to lean closer to me. once again i ignored him and said nothing that was until i seen him snatch my bag off the bleacher infront of me.

"bro i don't have time for you today give me my shit" i groaned holding out my hand. he was really getting on my last fucking nerve, and all of this was because i haven't talked to him because i'm scared of what he will say. i knew at some point i would like melo but just getting out of my relationship with prime it wasn't a good time for me to be trying anything with anyone. he didn't even like me back so what it the point of telling him anything.

"come outside we need to talk" he said sternly.

"i have nothing to say" i shrugged reaching for my bag from him but he moves it away throwing it over his shoulder turning to walk out the gym.

"LAMELO!" i hollered watching him walk out with my bag in his hand. i quickly followed him to the outside area of the cafeteria.

"GIVE IT BA-" he cuts me off "what did i do to deserve this nini?" he asked. "do you regret it that much you don't want me in your life anymore... to the point where you won't even speak or look at me?" he asked looking me in my eyes. "melo.." i sighed.

"you said we would talk then you didn't return any of my texts or calls left me fucking clueless thinking i had just ruined everything between us" he ranted. i just stood there letting him go off.

"we've been best friends for so long" i cut in.

"so?" he said. i couldn't read his face i didn't know whether he was mad or sad it was just blank.

"where is all of this coming from melo you have never been interested in me so if this is one of your little games to piss me off i'm not in the mood" i rolled my eyes. i was rejecting every thought in my head he might have som interest in me, i wasn't ready to except the fact. he was my best friend nothing more. if we got into a relationship and broke up, everything would be ruined between us and i didn't want that.

"you really think i would play with you like this?"

"yes dumbass" i lightly chuckled.

he stepped closer to me pulling me into him by my waist. he was just staring at me licking his lips staring into my damn soul. i couldn't deny the fact he was fine ash but everything was just happening too fast.

"i can't i just got out of a relationship i don't need my feelings hurt again lamelo" i say looking everywhere but his eyes.

he lifts my chin to meet his eyes "i'm not gone hurt you".

i scoff moving his hand stepping back from him "i've seen how you treat females nigga i'm not finna turn into one of your lil hoes"

"those other girls weren't you nini...."

"i can't do this" i say starting to walk away.

he held this irritated look on his face which wasn't t sitting well with me. i said no but he just continues to push knowing how i get. "so what you just gone deny your feelings for me and mine for you" he said.

"melo just stop okay i don't even know what i want right now,"

"i wouldn't do this if i didn't know what i wanted" he says pulling me into him kissing my lips. i couldn't help but kiss back, this nigga kiss good as fuck. it felt so right and wrong at the same time i was at a loss. as soon as i had realized what we were doing i pulled back.

"no lamelo" i say running off back into the school hearing him calling for me. i heard the bell ring and i went to lunch meeting up with airi. "girl are you good?" she asks looking at me confused. i didn't even realize i was breathing real heavy and not answering her while she spoke to me.

"uhh yea i'm good i just don't feel well," i told her. in all honesty what just happened had me thinking nothing but bad thoughts.

"you wanna go home? i can take you to the nurse" she says. as soon as i seen melo walking towards the table with daijon and tomi i immediately stood up. "i'll catch you later at practice" i say. she nods confused.

"imani wait" melo snatched my arm back. i quickly snatch my arm away continuing to walk out. i go to my locker pulling out my bag going to Mr.West office in the gym.

authors note💌- do i have an excuse?..... NOPE. last time i updated was in may my apologies. the only time i ever feel like writing this book is when i'm going through it and currently i am. i hope you enjoyed this little update. maybe more soon i'm falling behind in school and my phone broke so don't count on it:(( but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ik y'all wasn't expecting this update but i decided to bless you with a lil sum.

LEAVE SOME COMMENTS!!!!!