: 18 :

1 week later

Melo POV

I got out of bed freshening up in the bathroom. My phone started ringing so I brought it with me answering Imani's FaceTime call.

"What yo ugly ass want?" I asked seeing her face appear on the screen with a cute goofy smile. She was already ready for school in her uniform, and was looking fine as usual. I need to stop thinking like that fr she's my friend nothing more. She sucks her teeth at me flipping me off. "Nigga come pick me up," she says with an attitude. I look at her confused because she deadass live right next door the fuck she mean pick me up.

"Your dumb as hell get yo ass up and walk ma," I said. She glares at me, I didn't mean for that last word to slip out. 

"Ight did your mom cook tho I'm hungry," she whines acting as if she didn't hear what I just called her. I nod knowing damn well my mom ain't cook shit, she was still sleep. "Hurry up before Gelo eat it all," I lied, honestly I just wanted her to come over. After her breakup with prime she barely talked for 3 days ain't no way I'm letting her go into that hole again over that nigga. I finally got in the shower hanging up.

"LAMELO!" I hear someone yell and heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I get out and dry off wrapping the towel around my waist. I laugh knowing it's nini. I open the door seeing her looking mad as hell with her arms crossed. Her face quickly changed when she realized what I was wearing she looked me up and down, I know damn well this girl was not checking me out right now.

"First of all stop checking me out and what I do?" I asked lifting her chin making her look me in the eye. She smacked my hand and shoved me back into my room, making me trip and land on my bed.

"Boy wasn't nobody checking you out," she lies sitting next to me.

"Mhmm I know I'm sexy stop playing" I joke getting up and dressed. She pretends to vomit I scoff she know damn well I'm fine as hell. We get in my car finally leaving arriving at school meeting everyone at my locker. "Finally y'all here quan hasn't stopped talking all morning" Daij complained. He was going on about some party.

"Nigga didn't nobody said you had to stay and listen," Quan side eyes him. I just laugh wrapping my arm around nini's shoulder pulling her into me. "What y'all got going on?" Daij asked. I glared at him knowing exactly what he was trying to get at. This why I should've never told his ass nothing stay tryna make little hints at her.

"Y'all don't start Melo my best friend that's it" she shrugs. I lowkey felt some typa way, the bell rang and I walked off to class with daijon.

"Damn bro she just friend zoned the fuck outta you," He laughs. I shove him laughing "nigga how many times am I gone tell you it ain't like that wit her" I said. He rolls his eyes not believing me "you so obvious with it though" he said walking ahead of me into class us being 5 minutes late. There was a pep-rally later and we had a half day so we was all bout to chill after school anyways.

Nini POV

I walked into second period meeting up with Airi. We sat on the bleachers catching up, in walked Niah she looked at us then just kept walking by.

"That's right hoe know yo damn place" Airi hollered making her pick up her pace and walk away faster I laughed knowing she was scared after I threatened to fight her. "Girl leave her ass alone ain't nobody worried bout her" I said. We headed into Mr.West's office finding him typing away on his computer. "Hey Unc!" Airi smiles. "What y'all girls want?" He asked wit a whole ass attitude. "Nothing just wanted to know about the pep rally later" I said. "It's going to be same as usual except y'all are each getting a football player" He said. My heart dropped with my luck if I get that nigga prime I quit.

"What do you mean?" I asked worried. "The players each get a cheerleader that gets them the things they need during games and at the end before they leave" He said smiling fakely I could tell he noticed the annoyed expression displayed on my face. He knew about my break up so Im hoping he pulled some strings to make sure I didn't get prime. Airi sighed in annoyance. "Hey look I wish I had control and y'all didn't have to do this but it's the administrations decision" He shrugs. I pick up my stuff getting ready to leave before the bell rings "when do we get to know who we get?" I asked.

"Right before the pep rally meet in front of the locker room the boys will be waiting" He says. We both nod and head out. "If I get Prime I swear to god I will quit" I complained. Airi shook her head laughing "Girl these are the times where I wish I hated this damn sport." She said. I laughed along with her parting ways going to my next class.

skip to lunch

The pep rally was next period and I was for sure not excited. I already pass that nigga in the hallways everyday and gotta see his cheating ass. Now I have the possibility of having to speak to him after only a week and a half of us not being together. I did talk to some of the girls who had already found out who they had from speaking to some of the boys. I sat down at the table mean mugging everybody. Melo laughs nudging me in the side.

"What's wrong ugly?" He asked. I ignored him and started unpacking my lunch. He scooted closer wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me next to him. "I know you heard me" he said again trying to get me to speak. I knew if I brought it up he would blow it out of proportion when in all honesty I already had my own plan set in mind. If I did get prime then I was going to do what I was supposed to that's it, no socializing with him.

I moved away continuing to eat my lunch "it's nothing mind yo business lamelo" I said. He smacked his lips putting his attention back onto the conversation him and the boys were having. Airi came over we talked before getting called down to the gym to set up. I walked in immediately making eye contact with prime he smiled at me waving but I kept my mean mug and walked past into the locker room.

"Okay y'all line up on the half court line, girls to the left boys to the right" Mr.West walked onto the court Airi and I following close behind taking out spots. "As you may know the principles have made the decision to give eachother player a cheerleader for the games to fetch them whatever they need such ass food, water etc. I will be reading off the names and go stand next to that person once you are called" he says. All the cheerleaders sigh and groan annoyed by the decision.

"Cameron and Alicia"
"Ashley and Mark"
"Imani and Jalen"

Everybody said "oooouuu" knowing we had broken up. I kissed my teeth going and standing a good 3 feet away from him. "We really bout to be childish Imani" he groaned. I ignored him. He finished reading off the names and went back to his office. I set all my stuff down getting ready to set up for the pep rally and go through the routine til I felt someone grab me pulling me outside. I look up seeing prime.

"Nigga let me go" I tried to snatch my arm away, but he gripped me up tight.

"Why can't we just talk for a minute? That's all I need" he said. "I have nothing to say to you and that bitch y'all both need to leave me the hell alone." I scoffed.

He looked at me sorrowful I rolled my eyes if this nigga thinks we bout to be cool again he can fuck off. "I'm sorry imani I don't know how much I can say it, I never meant to hurt you" he lied. I bust out laughing "boy bye I'm not listening to this shit" I walked off and out of the gym.

A/N and we are back to square one.... I hate this damn book😭.