: 24 :

i woke up to this nigga melo blowing up my phone. i groan reading his texts that he's outside. i get out of my bed walking to the bathroom picking up his call.

"what you want?" i say. "hurry up i been waiting for like 15 minutes" he says. "you know i can't go with you my mom is home nigga she gave me this whole ass lecture last night" i say. "are you even ready?" he asks seeing my hair in a bonnet and my pjs.

"obviously not, it's only 7:00 why you in a rush anyways".

"nevermind. i'll see you at school then" he said hanging up clearly irritated. it wasn't my fault my momma is the way she is. i haven't told her about melo and i because honestly she would stop letting us hang out.

i quickly get ready putting on my warm up tracksuit. mr.west changed last minute what he wanted us to wear for the day because of the sudden temperatures drop outside. it was like 50 degrees and that's cold as hell in california.  i soon hear airi honk outside, i grab my backpack saying bye to my mom heading out.

"heyyyy pooh" i smile approaching the car. "hey girly let's hurry up because i'm tryna grab food" i just nod getting in.

we stop by starbucks seeing daij and quan in the line right infront of us. i bust out laughing immediately getting a call from daijon. "yes?" i answer. "is yall ugly asses behind us" he asks laughing. "yea nigga pay for our food" she says. "why are you in line if you don't got no money?" he rolls his eyes.

"daijon we got money, we just don't wanna spend our own money on this expensive shit" airi jokes taking my phone. "nahhh airi you be dubbing me, i'm not buying you nun" he busts out laughing. "alright forget her you got me right?" i say snatching my phone back. airi shoved me in the shoulder.

the line starts moving and quan and daij get their food and drinks speeding off. we pull up to the window next seeing this young girl. "hi your order was paid for by the people infront of you, would you like to continue and pay for the people behind you?" she asks smiling. "no thanks" airi says having me sitting in the passenger seat trying to hold in my laughter.

she takes the bag and drinks speeding off before the girl could say anything else. "ayo your mean as hell for that" i joke. "girl don't act like you would do it either".

i just laugh along shaking my head seeing us pulling into the school parking lot. i grab my backpack from the backseat heading in with airi. as usual we find the boys standing infront of my locker. as soon as melo sees me he all smiley and shit.

"good morning" melo drapes his arm over my shoudler pecking my lips. "morning" i smile. definitely wasn't expecting him to be in a good mood after i basically told him i didn't wanna go to school with him. "woah did i miss something?" quan asks standing there with his mouth hanging open and wide eyes. "i'm lost when the fuck this happen?" tomi asks with the same shocked expression.

i playfully roll my eyes "we chilling yall mind your own business". "can i have some?" melo asks holding onto my drink. i nod while placing my hand on his forehead to check his temperature.  this nigga has never in his life asked me if he could have some of anything, he just be taking my shit. "melo you okay?" i ask very slightly concerned. "uhh yea what?" he looks down at me sipping my drink. he sort of comes to a realization when i just kept staring and didn't say anything.

"see this is what i get for tryna have manners man fuck you" he laughs. i could feel everybody just staring at us while we had our own conversation. "is yall done being cute yet?" daij laughed. i playfully flipped him off starting my way to class. melo still had his arm over my shoulder which was nothing new but now that we were "together" it felt different.

skip to pep rally

MELO POV

there was nothing i hated more than the football team and anything to do with them. some of em played basketball in their off season but i still didn't fuck wit them. i walked with tomi into the gym taking a seat at the top while everyone in the school piled in. nini told me she got assigned to be primes cheerleader for the game tonight. which meant i was gone have to keep an eye on this nigga all day.