Chapter 1

"Shitty novel! You've got to be fucking kidding me! I mean seriously what the fuck is it with that ending! Side Characters with low IQ, endless papa scenes, 3000 wives! I can't believe I wasted my money reading this shitty novel!" Shen Yuan pulls on his hair as he rolls through the screen. This is the first time he ever cursed and cussed at something so much!

Shen Yuan is the third son of a successful second-generation merchant. Growing up, he was constantly fussed over by his parents and siblings due to his weak constitution. They were constantly worried about his condition and watched over his every action like a hawk. Just even the slightest cough or sneeze would get his parents and elder brothers to immediately call for the house doctor or rush him to the hospital. However, as he grew older he couldn't help but also get tired of their constant need to baby him all the time. While he appreciated the care and love his family showed him and understood why they were worried about him, he couldn't stand being treated like a 3-year-old who couldn't do anything for himself. Even now when he was an adult they insisted on him living in the mansion and have 24-hour supervision by the nurses (which they really did plan on hiring) which he thankfully managed to convince them out of it on the condition he would continue living in the mansion even when he grew independent. Luckily things got better when his little sister was born and they had to put most of their attention onto her giving him a little more freedom and privacy.

He adored his adorable cute little sister and came to understand his family's need to baby him all the time. Shen Yuan always had a soft spot for small and adorable things but add his little sister to the mix and became even worse. Little siblings were so undeniably adorable and cute! He could never understand why some people found their little brothers or sisters annoying. (His Er Ge would sometimes say that both he and his little sister annoyed the hell out of him but he knows his second elder brother is just hiding his embarrassment) Just look at them! All it takes that one look and he would be willing to give and forgive anything. The best part was that his sister favored him the most out of all their family members to the disappointment of his brothers (hah, take that!). She would follow him around like a chick when she was a child and try to copy whatever he did. Although he had to admit that their relationship did become a bit rocky during her rebellious stage. (ok a bit is an understatement) But in the end, it all worked out after a quick ride to the hospital. (It was nothing really but everyone just had to make a fuss after he fainted. It wasn't like it was the first time so he didn't understand why everyone insisted on him staying at the hospital for a week) Which turned her from a rebellious teen to a caring and gentle as well as overprotective sister. Yet again adding another member of the Shen family overprotective squad...

But in all honesty, he couldn't really complain. Their care did really did manage to pay off in the end. Although he wasn't exactly the pristine picture of health, it was enough to the point where it wouldn't hinder his daily life. The doctors even told him he could even start exercising as long as it was in moderation and he didn't overexert himself. However, they did tell him to be extremely careful as his body was still fragile in comparison to a normal person. The slightest mishap could turn into something serious and possibly endanger his health.

His family celebrated when they heard the news and they had a huge feast. His brothers even went as far as to take time off work to celebrate. (Yeah keep up the cool act Er Ge I know you were the one who was excited the most by the news)

He truly was one lucky guy to have such a warm and loving family. But for some strange reason, he always felt empty with them... It's not that he didn't love them but he always felt like something was missing. As a child, every time the hospital door opened and one of his family came walking in he would be met with a slight disappointment. He couldn't really understand why at first. He should have been happy that his family was coming to visit yet they weren't the ones who he was hoping would appear... But who was he hoping would appear? There were times where he would turn around feeling that something was missing. As if the feeling that was something or someone always by his side. He couldn't really point out why he had those feelings and never told his parents or his siblings either not wanting to give them another reason to worry about him. Plus, he thought the feeling would reside over time although it never did. Even after all these years those feelings never truly left him. For example, last week he thought he had seen a familiar figure and chased after him except in the end it turned out to be the wrong person. Not only was he met with great disappointment but like always he was filled with incredible sadness and regret as well as loneliness at the same time...