Chapter 9

Qing Jing Peak Bamboo forest: Luo Binghe

Luo Binghe wipes his sweat off after laying down the last patch of firewood into the storage room. Finally having finished his chores now he can go and practice on his cultivation. He beams in happiness as he prepares to go back to the woodshed to practice his cultivation. He's been really lucky as of late ever since that hap Sect Leader suddenly came to the peak to visit his scum of a Shizun a few days ago. It was truly a surprise and unannounced visit, so his martial brothers and sisters debated a lot about whether they should allow the Sect Leader to enter the peak especially after their Shizun gave them specific orders to not allow any uninvited guests to pass through the gates without his permission. Some of his martial brothers started fighting as a result, some arguing they should obey their Shizun's orders while some argued how they just couldn't simply defy the sect leader who had the highest authority in the peak.

In the end, it all came down to which was scarier facing their Shizun's wrath or their Sect Leader... Looking at his martial brothers and sisters' panicking state the Sect Leader sighed and managed to convince them although very reluctantly, to let him pass saying that it was something urgent and something it directly affected their Shizun. Since it was urgent and probably an emergency it should be alright, right? His Shixiongs and Shijies reasoned with one another. As expected, their Shizun was absolutely furious well to be more exact livid by Zhangmen Shibo's sudden visit, and after the Sect Leader left with the Qian Cao Peak Lord who was also at the time visiting the peak, Shizun immediately punished all of the disciples who allowed the Sect Leader to come in. It was one hell of a punishment, one that almost made Luo Binghe's punishments seem lighter in comparison and that's saying a lot considering how many times he gets punished by those asses on a daily basis.

That Scum then ordered all of the disciples, to run around the peak 50 times, copy filial piety 100 times as well as write an essay on it, kneel on the training ground for the entire day under the scorching sun, and finally clean all the stables not only Qing Jing Peak by hand with no spiritual powers all for an entire two months. Luo Binghe for once felt thankful for his Shixiongs pushing their chores onto him that day or else he would have gotten caught up in their Shizun's wrath.

Anyway, as luck would have it, all of his bullies also happened to be included in the group of disciples who were being punished. This meant for at the very least a couple of days Luo Binghe doesn't have to worry about those godforsaken idiots pushing their chores onto him or becoming their punching bag. He could finally make time for himself and focus on his cultivation in peace without anyone disturbing him or mocking him.

Not only that by some huge stroke of luck that scum managed to injure himself making him incapacitated for another couple of days!

Ahhh truly what luck!

To be honest, he has no memory of something like this ever happening but that was to be expected considering how a large part of his memories had become warped after getting ahold of that accursed sword. Xin Mo didn't only affect his moods but it also messed up his mind pretty heavily especially after the death of that scum. At the end of his past/future (?) life, he lost almost all of his sanity and slaughtered half of the population of his newly established empire. For some reason, he also became extremely paranoid to the point where it could only be called madness. He could only see betrayal and lies in everyone he saw including his own wives whom he knew were not capable of planning behind his back without his blood parasites warning him. But despite so, it did not change how he would execute one wife after another for a supposed crime he knew very well they did not commit.

He even went as far as to kill his own loyal and trustworthy right-handed general Mobei Jun for a simple mishap that if one were sane-minded enough could easily see was completely outside of his control citing how it was an act of foreplay of rebellion against him. Seeing how their emperor had gone mad enough to slaughter his own loyal general, many of his people including those demons tried to leave the palace in fear of their own lives. But of course, Luo Binghe couldn't allow that, especially in his maddened state. Needless to say after that, it was a neverending bloodbath that only ended when he became the only person standing alone in his huge cold bloody palace.