Chapter 15

Bai Zhan Peak; Bai Zhan Peak Lord Personal Quarters: Liu Qingge. Pov.

A lone figure stood in the middle of the training field of the Qiong Ding Peak. He walked around the familiar territory that for some reason was completely empty when it should have been packed with young Qiong Ding disciples. He couldn't spot anyone within a mile of sight. No disciples, hall masters, servants, nobody really. He tried calling out the familiar names of his martial siblings only to be answered with the lonely sounds of the winds passing by the empty field.

It was kind of creepy, to be honest.

The man gulped and reached up to call for his sword only to realize that for some reason he couldn't summon Cheng Luan no matter how loudly he called out for it. He tried again only to end in failure each time. Speaking of which he couldn't feel his Qi!

Ok, now he was starting to seriously panic. The man takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself.

"Calm down Liu Junxin." He tells himself. "There has to be a reason for this."

Once he regains his rationality and pulls himself together, he grips his fist tightly as he continues to walk around searching for clues. After looking around for a while he finds a banner hanging up around the entrance of the field.

Annual Inter Peak Duel Competition

It was then he sees the banners waving high up on the poll with the representation of each peak's colors and symbols including that of Bai Zhan. They were all waving under the unified flag of the Cang Qiong Mountain Sect.

As he watched the banner and flags wave gently along with the winds he is reminded of the story of the founding history of the prestigious Cang Qiong Mountain Sect and the great battle that took place along with it.

According to the story told by his master the previous Bai Zhan Peak Lord, the Cang Qiong Mountain originally had a different name and was occupied by an ancient holy temple that had been decimated during the Great Scarlet Eclipse Battle.

During ancient times it was said that cultivation wars had run rampant throughout the three realms for thousands of years with no signs of it ever ending. With each passing day, the battlefield grew intense as each side refused to stand down for reasons they had long forgotten. At this point all anyone cared about was fighting for survival.

In the end, all they were left was a barren wasteland with rotting corpses everywhere and rivers full of toxic poison that could kill the drinker within mere seconds. It was literal hell where people had to resort to cannibalism just to survive the next day.

It was an era full of nothing but despair. People had lost all hope and resigned their fates to a doomed path.

However, a great battle that took place here changed everything. Although the historical records detailing the exact events that took place had been lost with the passage of time, they do know that it was a large-scale battle that shook the entire world at its core and threatened to destroy the last thread of balance barely keeping the three realms afloat. Millions of people, humans, demons, and heavenly deities had lost their lives. Even the common folk were not spared. In just one night the entire population of the land had been reduced by more than two-thirds.

Perhaps the great battle and the irreversible damage they had done to the land and the huge amount of casualties they suffered at the time had finally reawakened their senses. Who knows? But what they do know is after the battle suddenly all the wars and battles came to an end.

The three realms had reached a truce and for a time an era of peace had finally reigned through the lands. It took thousands of years for the lands to finally regain the lush green and beautiful crystal-clear waters that had once covered the lands long before the cultivation wars. People worked tirelessly planting trees, cleaning rivers, and purifying the air so they could restore the land to its former glory.