Chapter 5

Meanwhile back in the Room: Shen Yuan Pov.

A few minutes before

Shen Yuan is literally dying from boredom right now waiting for his brother to return with that mustache man. It's been almost half an hour since his brother left after he thoroughly combed his hair, tied it, and put a robe (that looked extremely expensive and probably could have easily the whole group for at least a couple of years) over his shoulders. What in the world could be taking him so long to talk about? Ok yeah no doubt that they're definitely talking about him and his condition that's for sure. Shen Yuan knows all the procedures and patterns the doctors take when they want to talk about his condition. They would always grab his parents first to discuss his current state or suggest new treatment plans before finally breaking the news to Shen Yuan himself. At first, when he was a child he couldn't understand why they couldn't just break it to him on the spot that it was hopeless or whatnot. He didn't really mind too much after all he knew his body the best and what it would entail sooner or later. But he started vaguely understanding that it was more for his parents and family rather than himself.

He slowly began understanding that the doctor was giving them time to swallow and adjust to the information before meeting the patient. It was a way to give the family the resolve and strength they needed to face their sick family member without distressing themselves too much as well as the patient. He secretly thanked and appreciated the doctor for doing that as it saved him the need to comfort his overdramatic parents and his siblings who definitely did not take the news well.

He doesn't know much about the healers of this world and their ways of doing things but by the looks of things maybe he was doing the same for his brother as well. There's no doubt that over the years the mustache man was giving his brother time to adjust to his younger brother's condition. Judging by how much his brother trusts him enough to look after him, his brother must have been consulting with the healer a lot over the years he was supposedly unconscious and probably helping him as much as he could on the way by the looks of things. He was glad that his brother had someone he could trust and rely on while he wasn't there regardless of the circumstances. He will definitely have to thank the mustache man later after this for not only helping him but taking care of his brother.

But still, as much as he appreciates the healer, couldn't they come here faster and get over with the whole checkup sooner? As much as he was used to waiting like this in the hospital, it still didn't change the fact all the waiting bored the living daylights out of him. At least in that other world, he had his books or phone (which he kept all of his favorite music listed in there) to keep him company while he was waiting. Man, he misses them already...

Shen Yuan mentally slaps himself for his stupidity. There are books and music in this world too. How could he be so stupid especially when he was an avid reader and (self-proclaimed and pretty decent if he might say so himself) musician as well as a dancer in his first life? He can't believe he almost forgot about the grueling writing and reading lessons those bastards put them through while they were still stuck in that hellhole and how the young mistress would often force him to take her lessons in her place to go on a shopping date with his brother which really wasn't a problem since he loved dancing and music anyway and had been practicing it since way before he was at the Qius. He had actually hoped that one day he could become a performer like Musician Jie and Dajie while he was living on the streets. He would rope his brothers into performing alongside him forming their own small troupe traveling from one place to another living a simple and humble life with the two people he loved the most in the world. It was a small, simple, yet childish dream one he knew he had no hopes of achieving especially after what the Qius had done to him...

Shen Yuan shakes his head in an effort to drive away from the negative thoughts. Let's not go there what's done is done there's no way of changing what happened to him. It won't do him any good to dwell too much on the past and what could have been. Like he told his brother it's over and what matters is he's here now. His brother is well and alive as well as a successful cultivator. How he is living now, is way beyond their days in the past as a slave and what they could have ever dreamed of. It might not be the life he dreamed of when they were slaves but it was more than good enough. Even if his brother was still depressed he still managed to make a life for himself even without his help. Just this knowledge makes him slightly feel better and guilty at the same time.