Chapter 12

Qing Jing Peak; Shen Qingqiu's office: Shen Qingqiu Pov.

Shen Qingqiu honestly feels a bit restless with the lack of the usual paperwork stacked onto his desk. He keeps subconsciously searching around the room to find any other reports, files, documents, and contracts basically anything he might have missed or left unfinished. As expected he finds nothing since he finished all of them way ahead of schedule.

Thanks to the new sect management system Shen Qingqiu was finally relieved of the majority of the heavy duties that were forcibly pushed upon him by his fellow peak lords aside from Mu Shidi and Shang Shidi. He was finally able to put all of his focus on his duties as the second in command, chief strategist, and most importantly sharp knife of the sect. The moment his hands were free he swiftly dealt with all the unfinished business he had to set aside in favor of filling out his martial siblings' paperwork which took more precedence.

Also due to Yue Qingyuan's insistence on peak relationships and affiliation, he also gained both the means and time to do a full sweep of the entire sect rooting out all of the troublesome bugs that had been slowly corroding the mountain beneath their noses. Of course, his martial siblings were far from happy about it but at the very least they stopped nitpicking over every single detail of his decisions and actions. After having their feelings of pride and egos bruised by A-Yuan's little pranks they've finally started to learn to keep their yapping mouths shut.

Shen Qingqiu didn't know whether he should have scolded or praised his brother for his good work on those idiots. In the end, he ended up lecturing his brother about it for the next shichen which as usual the younger twin completely turned deaf ears to. (Maybe having a small smile on his face and speaking in a somewhat cheerful tone was the problem not that he'll ever admit it)

He then conveniently turned the topic around to which Shen Qingqiu annoyingly (happily) obliged as he had also gotten tired of trying to uselessly talk into A-Yuan's empty brain. It seems the younger twin took an interest in this little beast of his and kept whining to give him more information regarding the child. Shen Qingqiu really could only slap himself in the face at that. He knew better than anyone that nothing ever good happened when his brother became interested in someone.

The Qing Jing Peak Lord looked over to his head disciple who gave him an apologetic and guilty look. He only glared at him indicating that they would have a very good long talk about the matter at a later time. Ming Fan reported to him afterward about how the beast had accidentally bumped into his brother during their walk in the gardens and how he had in his mishap let his tongue slip leading his brother to take an interest in him. Shen Qingqiu punished Ming Fan by running 50 laps around the peak and copying the art of war 10 times.

His brother now kept bugging him almost every day to allow him to meet the boy and unfortunately, Shen Qingqiu was running out of excuses. At first, he used his work as an excuse but with now the other peak lords' works cleared off his desks and him finishing everything ahead of schedule he could no longer use that card anymore. He tried using his brother's health but Mu Qingfang gave them the clear to allow A-Yuan to start taking on some visitors.

This is why he resorted to using Ning Yingying to distract him momentarily. A-Yuan couldn't keep himself from crying seeing the face of their long-lost sister on the child she had left behind in Xiao Jiu's care. He was devasted to learn about the death of their once beloved San-Jie but was nonetheless glad to see that her daughter was doing well and alive.

Ning Yingying who was desperately hungry for knowledge regarding her birth family begged his brother to tell him everything she knew about her birth mother. Shen Yuan understood that it was too painful for Shen Qingqiu to talk about their San-Jie which is probably why he refrained from asking him about her all this time. So, in his stead, he took up the burden of explaining everything to the young girl from their relation to her mother and all the memories they had shared with her.