Chapter 3

Night: Shen Yuan Pov.

The next time Shen Yuan woke up the sun had already been replaced by the moon. 'How long was I asleep?' He thinks to himself

He gently strokes his throat with his barely but functioning hands. His body and mind feel way lighter than hours it did before although his throat still felt a bit sore. It wasn't like he could go up and get up out of bed without any notice but at least he was well enough to move his arms however weak they were.

He looks beside his side and finds his brother sleeping on a chair beside his bed clearly looking exhausted. He could feel a residue of his brother's spiritual energy flowing through him. Had his brother been providing him his spiritual energy throughout the day? That explains why he was well enough to move his arms. He must have been looking after him this entire time since he had fallen asleep the overprotective tsundere worrywart. Shen Yuan chuckles as he brushes his brother's hair aside just as how he had done for him earlier.

Shen Yuan gently gazes at his brother's sleeping face observing and swallowing up every detail he finds on his face. Even when he was sleeping, the older twin still had a scowl on his face.

Looking at his brother's face right now he wonders whether his other life was some sort of elaborate dream he made up during his long coma. He quickly discards the thought when memories of his other family flashed by in his mind. No, it was too real for it to have been entirely a dream. If it had truly been a dream, he would not remember every sensation, pains, joy, hardships he experienced with so much detail. Even now he could still recall the sensation and pain he felt when he scraped his knees when he accidentally tripped on his way home from campus just a few weeks ago. Which sent his overdramatic parents in a frenzy and almost ended up with a private driver sending him to university every day. Sure, he was spoiled but he wasn't that thick-skinned enough to become one of those spoiled young masters that come out of movies you know!

Now the problem is that if the other life wasn't a dream and he really did die. How in the world did he end up here back in his first life? As weird as this situation was, one thing was certain. Shen Yuan was absolutely sure that he died when he was 14. He still remembers the sensation of falling into that dark abyss as he laid dying in his brother's arms. So, why was he alive in this world?

Shen Yuan quickly calmly collects himself and begins to think about the situation he was in. Now that his mind wasn't a mess he could think more clearly.

The mustache man had told him he had been in a coma for a very long time although he didn't say exactly for how long. And that strange memory when the doctor brought his coma up. Unlike the memory of his past life or his other life, it was extremely faint and almost seemed superficial. He could only faintly recall the emotions and sensations from that particular. Which was strange considering he could easily as well as clearly recount and recall every sensation he felt throughout his lifetimes. Either the memory was false, or he was completely whacked when it happened or something else was behind it.

Another thing about the mustache man's words bothered him as well. The mustache man had clearly said he went into a coma after having a minor Qi deviation from pushing himself too hard during sword practice. The thing is never once in his life had he ever held a sword aside from the young mistress's dance lessons that he took in her place to the annoyance of her tutors. So, how in the world was it possible for him to get a Qi deviation during sword practice?

'Ahhhh nothing makes sense!' Shen Yuan slaps his own face. However, he instantly starts regretting his actions when he hears his brother groaning. 'Shit!'

Shen Yuan gulps and slowly turns his head back to where his brother was his face and hand sweating in nervousness. However, luckily the groaning stops the moment it started, and Shen Yuan sighs a breath of relief. 'Thank Heavens' As much as he loved his brother, he wasn't ready to face a half sleep-deprived irritated grumpy man right now. His brother was never pleasant company when he was in that state and was easier to provoke and irritate if one wasn't careful enough. He still remembers the full-frontal attack one of the other slave children got after he provoked his brother. He and Qi Ge literally had to rip him off the kid in order to stop him which later ended up with his brother not talking to either him or Qi Ge for an entire day.