Chapter 16

Qing Jing Peak; Bamboo Forest Path: Luo Binghe Pov.

The scholarly Qing Jing peak of the Cang Qiong Mountain Sect is renowned for many things. Not only is the peak filled with majestic, noble, and poised scholars but it also possesses many celestial ethereal beautiful treasures that are said to be only second to the ones in the heavenly realm.

One of these treasures is the serene quiet Qing Jing Peak bamboo forest.

Many scholars from both near and afar whether they be from the mortal or immortal realm had admired and praised the beauty of the forest. Many poems deriving from the majestic scenery it provided had been written and published over the course of thousands of years it has resided on the mountain. According to ancient texts, even a barbaric demon general who had come to invade Cang Qiong in the past could not help but be captivated by the elegant dancing leaves of the bamboo trees as it was gently swayed by the wind.

Even Luo Binghe the former Demon Emperor and the conquerer of the two realms had found it to be a deep shame to have to burn and stomp the lovely forest into ashes. Truly it was such an astonishing beautiful place. When he had first arrived in Qing Jing his heart had been instantly swept away the moment he laid eyes on the bamboo forest he had even thought he had been dead for a moment as such a holy ethereal place could only belong to the high realms of the heavens. Had it not been for the scumbag and traumatizing memories of his harsh disciple days that were associated with it he would have probably contemplated sparing it and adding it to one of his piled-up collections that he had gathered over the years.

After reincarnating back into his young teenage years he quietly analyzed and reflected on many of his questionable actions and behaviors after leaving the abyss. Back then he had been obsessed with getting revenge on the world that had wronged him. He wanted to make everyone and everything pay for all the injustice and suffering he was put through due to their childish whims. He had enough and he was set on a path to take everything that the world had to offer as compensation for all the hardships fate had burdened him with.

After much hard work he had managed to achieve the desired result that he had craved for eons. One would think he would be bursting with emotions whether it be happiness, sadness, or anger. One would think he would feel immensely pleased and satisfied with what he had accomplished.

But no all he felt was the bottom endless void in his heart. He thought it was a simple trick of the mind. That he was simply tired from all the campaigns he had thrown against other demon lords and human cultivators. Maybe his heart was still having a hard time catching up to the reality that stood up before him. After all, not many could have done what he had done and would have passed it off as a convenient dream. Yes, that was simply it.

Like that, he kept giving himself so many excuses not wanting to acknowledge the empty gaping hole inside his heart that seemed to grow only bigger as time passed by. He had tried many things to suppress it but it only got worse.

Xin Mo took advantage of his vulnerable state of mind eventually swallowing his entire soul whole drowning it in eternal madness.

He thought that would be the end of him and a part of him didn't mind. A part of him took comfort in the thought of the eternal rest that awaited him eventually.

Yet he was given a second chance at life again. A second chance he nearly wasted until he was reminded of the last parting words that the people who truly cared for him had left behind that he had foolishly stomped onto the ground in his past/future life. The fake jade Guanyin pendant that his late mother had given him shined brightly as it dangled from his neck.

They helped him realize what he truly seeks, what his heart yearns for, and how it had been standing right before him all this time. He was simply too blind to see it at the time.