Chapter 10

Qing Jing Peak; Shen Yuan's Room: Shen Yuan Pov.

Sweat comes pouring down the young man's face as he struggles to keep himself standing upright and not fall over the floor like a complete and total idiot. His arms can barely handle the weight of the entire lower half of his very stiff body that is heavy as lead. Just a few steps and he is already so absolutely exhausted.

He knows all he needs is one more step and he'll be finished with the course and he really really wants to take another step but any more than this he feels like he'll collapse any time soon. However, if he doesn't he'll collapse either way from the exhaustion of having to support his body weight on the poles he's desperately clinging onto right now.

Shen Yuan gulps as he finally manages to lift his right foot and let it slowly set down onto the ground officially making it to the other side of the poles. Just as he felt he was about to collapse his brother's disciple immediately comes rushing over with his two arms out in the open to stop his Shifu from falling over face front. He turns to the boy to offer his gratitude "Thank you Ming Fan and I'm sorry for troubling you as always" He manages to say whilst gasping for air the entire time

The young teenager shakes his head "Shifu should not apologize if anything this disciple should be the one apologizing for not being able unable to properly assist you and Shizun like Mu Shishu, Shang Shishu, and even Liu Shishu. This disciple is incompetent." The boy frowns clearly frustrated with his inability to help like his martial uncles as he gently guides the older man back onto his wheelchair

Once he lands in the comfort of his wheelchair and catches his breath. Shen Yuan uses the opening to pat the young teenager's head. "You don't give yourself nearly enough credit. You have been more than enough help to this one and his brother in more ways than you let yourself believe. So, don't sell yourself short."

"This master agrees as well. Ming Shizi should not be quick to debase himself. You have been of great help to this Master and most especially your Shizun all these years. This Master knows how hard you have been working to help lessen your Shizun's burden as much as possible. Your great attention to detail to maintain both your Shizun and Shifu's health has not gone unnoticed most especially by your master. I can perfectly understand why your Shizun chose you as his head disciple" The healer who had been standing by comes to sit down to check on his pulse to check on his current condition.

Shen Yuan chuckles when he sees the young teenager blushing hot red at his elders' genuine compliments. He was so adorably cute! If he weren't so exhausted he would have loved to tease the living daylights out of the boy just to see more of this adorable expression but alas he was going to have to wait for it at a later time. Preferably after he finishes with his rehabilitation program. He completely forgot just how exactly physically and mentally draining these training exercises were.

The first time he tried to walk using these poles his legs wouldn't listen to him one bit at all. It took him another couple of tries before he managed to finally lift his foot in the air before he lost his balance. Luckily though he had his martial sibling as support to keep him from crashing hard onto the ground. Honestly, if he wasn't so much used to doing these things thanks to his long time in the hospital he would have been wallowing up in embarrassment and also depression for having to rely on others on something that everyone was supposed to be able to do naturally.

He had come to accept years ago that there were simply many things he could not do like other people. However, just because he couldn't do what his parents, siblings, and almost all other people he knew did not mean he could not go on and enjoy the things he could do. Sure the list was very limited but hey at least it was better than having none at all. He may have not lived the life he wished he could have had as a young sickly child who had once dreamed of dancing like those performers in those music videos out in the great sun but it was no less fulfilling.