- chapter 6 -

finally, 11:pm. harry was overwhelmingly excited, he was stumbling all about the common room, unable to hide his pure joy, the joy that came from the mere thought of draco. He gripped his invisibility cloak that had been hastily thrown over the arm chair  earlier that evening. he was ready.

as harry stumbled out of the portrait hole, draco was the only thing on his mind. he stumbled his way through the halls, as the candles didn't seem as bright tonight.

as he made his way up moving stair cases and through dim corridors, he noticed he had butterflies in his stomach, which made him even more excited. 

as he rounded the corner, just a few yards away from the entrance to the astronomy tower, he heard footsteps, and the familiar sound of a cloak sweeping behind them. he knew exactly who it was. harry froze, petrified with fear, not for himself, but the fear he would get caught, and draco would think he ditched him, he couldn't have this. he stood as still as a statue for several minutes, until he thought the coast was clear, he stepped out, and ran smack into a tall figure. 

harry knew it, it was all over. everything he hoped for, was gone. 

until, the familiar scent of green apples and pine flooded his nose.