-chapter 18-

draco paced around his room, so many emotions swirled in his head, confusion, regret, anger, sadness, and embarrassment. he would never speak to harry again. he couldn't even understand why harry had come to see him. so many people could see them, and draco would never risk ruining his reputation as a Malfoy. 

     he stormed down to the great hall. everyone who saw him could see the grey storm cloud floating above his head, but they brushed it off as his normal persona. he found his table and sat down. the gossip was still buzzing around about him and harry, and he was tired of hearing it. he stood up "attention hogwarts men" he started with a cocky attitude, "if you see harry potter in the corridors, watch out! he tried to kiss me the other day in the safety of my own room" he finished. he stood proudly as the other students started to whisper, and chat, and the conversation got louder and louder. the word 'gay' started to float around the long tables. harry walked in, the whole room stared at him, and everything went silent. the silence was deafening, but one voice tore through the room like a twister. "so that's what you've been hiding, you're gay." said Ron. the room laughed.  harry looked at him astonished, harrys eyes quickly darted around and landed on the one person standing up, draco. harry locked eyes with him, a big empty feeling crept its way up from harrys stomach until he had a lump in his throat.  harry turned around and stormed out. 

     draco almost had the feeling that he should go after harry, but it was quickly overshadowed by the roaring laughter from the great hall. draco was showered with the typical "good one" or "you really got him" and he felt a sense of pride. pride so big and bright it almost made him forget about the pit in his own stomach. 

      harry sprinted through the corridors, hardly able to tell where he was going because of the tears. he wouldn't have stopped for anything, all he wanted was to throw himself onto his bed and curl up in a ball. he made it to the Gryffindor common room. he ran up the stairs and finally made it to his bed. he laid down, curled up, and cried until he had no tears left, and fell asleep.