-chapter 8-

harry thought about what happened for days, and how he backed into him, why draco got so mad, and he still can't figure it out. all he did was bump into him, he didn't see the big deal. but draco was pissed.
     he couldn't even look harry in the face. over the next couple days, draco stared at harry from a distance, just watching, studying him. seeing if he knew what was wrong. but it appears harry was clueless, as per usual.
        finally, harry got tired of draco not talking to him ( and needy for his attention ).  so he sent him a letter.
      "meet me in gryffindor common room tonight" the note said. and harry was pretty confident in his confrontation skills, until a note hit him in the back of the head.
      "you think you're in charge? meet in the slytherin common room. and don't be late"
        "of course" harry thought. draco always had to have things his way. he couldn't ever make things easy.

      -time jump-

       it was 10pm that night, and harry thought it was a good time to start heading over to the slytherin common room. so once again, he grabbed his cloak, and set off.
       draco made sure everyone was out by 9 that night, and no one questioned it, no one ever questioned draco. he sat in one of the tall armchairs, and waited.
        he sat in silence, until he heard a crash in the hallway, he quickly got up and looked out, and there was harry, sprawled on the floor. he had tripped over, you guessed it, thin air.
        draco pulled him inside and sat him down. "what did you need potter?" draco spat bitterly. "i wanted to know what happened a couple days ago, what did i do?" harry said calmly, lip quivering just thinking about it.
     draco was too embarrassed to admit what happened, "nothing, it's okay now, forget it" he said. harry could see dracos pale, slim face in the dim light, he could see him towering over him, and it gave harry a sense of being powerless, which he didn't mind at all.
      harry climbed closer and sat next to draco in the armchair, squeezing in the tight space. draco scooted away and looked at him, "what the hell are you doing" he said. "getting comfy" harry responded quickly. "i'm tired from quidditch practice". draco let harry lean on him, something he'd never let anyone else do before.
       suddenly draco pulled harry into his lap, and let him get comfy. harry didn't seem to mind that much, him being drowsy from practice. so there harry was, straddling dracos lap, face to face with him, harry wrapped his arms around dracos neck, and leaned on his shoulders. he started to drift off.
      before harry fell asleep, he heard draco say "we can't keep doing this harry. it's a one time thing", he couldn't give much thought to this, as he was half asleep, but he didn't worry about it right then.
    and with that, he was asleep. but draco didn't move, didn't speak, he just sat still, listening to harry breathe in and out.  that was enough for him.