Trust

DEREK'S POV

Meredith and I continued for a satisfying amount of time, giving each other what we needed and wanted. That woman made me crazy but in a good way. I had never had sex like that with Mei. Never. The amount of passion and intensity that fuelled our session was unimaginable and I was so grateful for her along with everything she made me feel. We both finished and lay panting on the table. Thankfully, the table ,where we had shared our love for each other in another way rather than saying it to each other, was large enough for us both to be on at the same time and we draped our lab coats over us and laid there in the moment, knowing that we were in no rush to be anywhere or that nobody was going to disturb our peace. Meredith had her head over my arm and I had my arm wrapped around her, stroking her hair whilst I listened to her somewhat heavy breathing. My eyes were in a position where I could see her tiny button nose and pursed lips. Her eyes were closed and the moment felt like as if we were in our bed that we picked out together. Instead we were on a table, in a skills lab, that was in a hospital, which was also where both of our partners were. I didn't feel bad for either of them though. I was so happy that Meredith and I had been able to have the intimacy we just did and both enjoy it the way we did. I watched her for then next minute before she startled me when she jumped up and said,

'Shit! I meant to be in surgery. I have that procedure with Marcus, er-ehm Dr Forbes.'

She was scurrying around, naked, with only a lab coat to cover her front probably not realising that her whole back and arse was on show for me. She was trying to find her underwear and scrubs in the darkness since the lights hadn't yet been turned on and I didn't say anything but instead watched her just thinking at how cute and gentle she was holistically. 

'Meredith, Meredith. Calm down. I'll just say that I was in the skills lab with you, teaching you a procedure and we ran over. Stop getting dressed and come here.' I tried to persuade and reassure her. 

She looked at me, tilted her head and with one arm held up her jacket in front of her and the other dropped the bra she had discovered, I watched her walk towards me not questioning the words I had just said. I wiped her fringe from out of her eyes and continued down the back of her head so that my hand was now on the crease of her lower back. I planted a soft, sincere kiss on her lips as she returned the gesture and she placed herself next to me on the table with her head rested on my shoulder. 

'Ok so where do we go from here?' She asked me so innocently and almost sounding scared.

'I'm going to tell Mei.'

'No. Wait. Don't tell her yet. Please.'

'Meredith, don't be scared. You're not going to get hurt. I promise.'

'Derek, I'm always the one to get hurt. I got hurt when you I saw you in the patient room with her. I got hurt when you took me out of surgery and ruined that procedure for me. When we got hit by a car. When I found out you were getting married to her. I get hurt all the time and I don't think I can handle it again. You break my heart and she doesn't need to have hers broken. What she doesn't know won't hurt her so just let me think for now. Give me some time please.'

My heart broke for her and now the realisation of the fact I had hurt her in so many ways, made me question myself and if I could even withstand the possibility of it happening again. The woman made my heart melt in so many different ways from her poise and passion to her petite frame and features that glowed from within. She was perfect. She was Meredith. Which is exactly why I couldn't hurt her again.

She picked up her stuff off the floor and the chair, threw her clothes on and headed out of the door. I did the same all whilst watching her feeling pain, joy and passion for her. 

'I'll see you soon okay?' She mentioned as she was walking out of the door looking behind her for answer.

'Of course. Yes. Please.' I replied.

I went off to the nurses station to find the patient files that I had to foresee before my shift ended in a couple of hours. I remembered that I needed to explain why Meredith was late to the surgery so I quickly rounded and completed the files and went on my way to the OR that they were in. My whole journey there was filled with questions of what I was going to do . Do I tell Mei and get Meredith back? But then is she going to hate me for telling Jennifer when she asked me not to? Was it a test to see if I actually would tell her everything and Meredith was waiting for me to step up? I was so unsure of what the situation was going to lead to but I had reached OR 1 gallery.

'Dr Forbes, Dr Grey was with me. So don't punish her for being late.'

'Oh. I wasn't going to punish her anyways but thanks for the information.'

I saw a sad yet intrigued Meredith stood down in the OR looking up at me. Her eyes beamed with confusion and desperation. She looked so confident above all and it only made me realise that she was meant for this job. She belonged in the OR. But in Neuro not Plastics. She was far too talented to be dealing with the skin and bones of someone. She needed to be at the top, in the brains of someone, the organ that kept that person's heart beating. She looked so powerful when holding instruments and taking control of the operation and I knew what I needed to do. To protect her and make her happy. For us to be happy together.

Do you take thee...?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें