Chapter 8

"So what're you guys going to do after college?" Adam asked sitting in the grass and eating the last piece of bread.

"I'm going back to Central City and trying to be a CSI," Barry said, getting near Kara who was between the two guys.

"I'm sure you're going to get the job," she said smiling and staring but before they could do another thing Adam started to talk once again.

"What about you Kara? I mean, I know you're going to be a reporter, but what place is the beautiful Kara Danvers going to help?" he said, making Kara blush and the people around him mad.

"Uh... My sister works at National City...I think I'll go there and find a job, maybe National City News Paper, or CatCo," she said when they heard Cat Co Dawn and Don started to smile while Adam's face changed to a serious one

"Sounds great Kara, I'm sure you're going to be in one of the two, and if you don't I'm going to help you, Iris was also thinking about being a reporter, so we can help you," Barry said now smiling.

"Thanks, I'm really excited about being a reporter... I mean, just thinking I could change the world by showing a report,"

"Or by a simple sample you can find in a place you never thought you could find," Barry added once again looking at her.

"You're going to help me with the cases right?" She added teasing him.

"Well, it depends whether I can help you with the report or not," he said smiling, thanks to that they felt the people around them were gone, and just the two of them were the ones at the picnic.

"Why wouldn't I let you help me CSI boy?" she asks

"I don't know you tell me reporter girl," when he finished, they slowly started to lean, but out of nowhere someone threw water at Barry making him all wet.

"What the?" Barry and Kara look at the person that threw him the water, and it was none other than Adam.

"What's wrong with you Adam?" Don said standing up

"Sorry, it slipped away..."

"No, it wasn't! We saw you!" Dawn said madder.

"Guys, don't worry, it's fine," Barry said, calming them down.

"C'mon, Barry, I'll help you," when they stood up Adam stopped them.

"Don't worry Kara, I'll help him, besides I think they aren't going to accept you in the boy's bathroom,"

"Yeah, I guess you're right, we'll be here," she said now sitting down.

"Let's go, Barry," he said walking away. When they slowly left, the siblings looked at each other and nodded, while Kara looked at the boys. With his powers, Don looks everywhere, when he saw no one was watching he left for another place to go. When Kara heard a 'whoosh' she looked at Dawn confused she asked.

"Where's Don?"

"Oh, he went to get another shirt for Barry," she said thinking if that was a good excuse.

"You didn't hear a whoosh?"

"Kar, are you okay?" she asked, even though she knew what she meant.

"Oh, sorry, it's just... I think I heard something,"

"What I heard was your heart about to explode when you and Barry were talking," she started to tease, making the blonde girl blush like a tomato.

"Oh... it was... nothing, we were... we were just joking, you know, like the great friends we are," she said smiling and still denying something pretty obvious.