𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:LET ME GO

CHAPTER TWELVE:
LET ME GO

SHE WAS EXHAUSTED. SHE FELT dizzy, scared that if she moved she would get sick. Beth struggled to breathe, the pain that she had felt so unbearable, she never wanted to feel it again. But she had a feeling that that kind of pain would be the only thing she would feel for a long long time. She let out an exhausted grunt, attempting to pull against the restraints that were still placed around her body.

     The man appeared in her view, looking down at the girl with an amused smile. He shook his head slightly, placing a hand on her own. "I regret to inform, but you will not be going anywhere, miss Dennings. After that stunt that you pulled, we can't risk you getting lose again and outsmarting our soldiers."

     "I won't." Beth mumbled, pulling against the restraints. "I can't. . . I can't stay in these things. Let me out, please." A tear slipped down the woman's cheek, and the scientists shook his head, swiping the tear away.

     "Do not cry, my dear. We've only just begun." She swallowed, tightly closing her eyes. She wanted to cry out, she wanted to scream for help, but she knew that no one would hear her. She couldn't stand being in their. Inside of that prison. Her wrists were starting to bleed from how much she had been pulling at the restraints. She felt claustrophobic, the air around her becoming thinner and thinner by the second. She felt like their was a weight on her chest that was keeping her from inhaling a proper breath of air.

Beth didn't know what she was going to do. She didn't want to give in. But she could feel something changing. Her blood seemed to be twice as thick than it was before. The chemicals imprinted themselves all throughout her body, attaching its cells to her veins and muscles as if it were a disease. They wouldn't stop burning. The girl couldn't stand it. It made her skin crawl and the yearning to want to scratch her skin until she got the chemicals out was a thought that crossed her mind one too many times.

     "Let me go." Her voice was broken, merely above a whispered as she begged. "Let me go. Please. Let me go." She repeated the phrase over and over again, not paying attention to the man who had walked over to her with another syringe. When her eyes closed her was quick to jab the needle into her vein, making her snap her eyes open in surprise, a gasp falling from her lips. That gasp soon turned into screams of agony. She was praying to whatever God was above that someone would find her, someone would rescue her from the hell hole that she was currently in.

The scientists seemed to be amuse by her words, amused by her pain. And that made her stomach churn. She tried to fight through the pain, clenching her jaw tightly as if to keep herself from screaming out when she felt the second wave of pain from the shot roll through her body. She clenched her fists, her nails digging roughly into her skin to the point her hands started to drip with blood.

     "You're a sick man, you know that." Beth told him, her jaw still clenched as she forced herself to turn her head to look at him. "You been so incredibly brainwashed, that what you think you're doing is right. But that's not true. It's the exact opposite. What you're doing is horrible."

     "What we're doing here at HYDRA, is fixing the world of it's mistakes." The scientist spat at her. "I've already told you this once, why must you hear it again."

     "Because, I'm trying to make sense of it all. I'm trying to find it within my head where in the hell the good part of what you're doing is. So far, all I've seen is torture, abuse, and mistreatment for your so called patients."

     "My. . . you do have a mouth on you, don't you dear?" He questioned her.

     "Not usually. But desperate times call for desperate needs." Beth shrugged.

     "And do tell me, dear, what will talking do? How do you expect it to get you anywhere?"

     "As far as I'm concerned, it's already gotten me pretty far." Beth narrowed his eyes at him, forcing herself to hide her smirk as she watched him turn to face her. "Everything I say, everything I ask, it all has a meaning. Second by second you're unveiling more to me about yourself than you realize. You're allowing me access into your head. And I don't know if you recall, but my whole thing is walking through dreams. So when you sleep tonight, don't be surprised at all when you see me waltzing through your dreams, twisting them into your darkest nightmares with the simple snap of my finger." She laughed, turning her head away from him as he scowled at her.

Beth wasn't a trained professional, but she had been alive for long enough to know how to read people. How to get them to open up without them realizing they were even doing it. She had always been told that she had a way with words. The pain, the screams, the tears, that had all been real. But the kind words, the questions, that had been her plan B in case her plan A hadn't worked. And much to her delight, it was going exactly how she hoped it would. She watched as the man picked up a needle with a clear liquid, no doubt a sedative to knock her out. She smiled, amused. She was scared of what she could do, but what better way to embrace it than to torture your torturer with it.

     "Don't even bother." Beth told him, watching as he injected it into her arm. "It doesn't matter what liquid you inject me with, what machinery you used to keep me under wraps, there will be a time when I haunt you. Maybe not tonight. Maybe not tomorrow night. But eventually. And maybe you won't admit it, but I can see the fear that's dancing within your eyes. You know what I can do. However, I do not know. And maybe I'll take this opportunity to discover those elements." Just as she had finished her little speech, the sedative kicked in, her eyes closed, and she fell asleep with a smile on her face.

" Just as she had finished her little speech, the sedative kicked in, her eyes closed, and she fell asleep with a smile on her face