𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY:IN YOUR DREAMS

CHAPTER TWENTY:
IN YOUR DREAMS

WHEN BETH WOKE UP, ALL she could hear was the sound of a heart monitor. The steady rhythm of her heart beat almost lulled her back to sleep, but then she felt the IV in her arm and her heart rate started to speed. She sat up, clawing at IV to get it out but that's when a woman with a white lab coat on her shoulders ran into the room.

"Beth, Beth stop." Rosalynn warned the girl, holding Beth's hand to keep her from ripping the IV from her arm. "All that is is an IV that's allowing you to get everything that HYDRA rid you of." Beth looked so scared, nothing but fear in her eyes as she looked up at the woman. She swallowed thickly, watching as she sat on the edge of the bed, a gentle smile falling on her face.

"Where am I?" Beth whispered, her throat dry. She winced at her own voice. Rosalynn stood up once more before pouring the girl a cup of water and handing it to her. Beth hesitantly took the cup, looking down at the water as if to see if it were tainted before greedily chugging it.

Rosalynn chuckled. "Beth, my name is Dr. Rosalynn Stone. You are at the Avengers Headquarters. A team found you and rescued you from the grasp of HYDRA. I am not here to harm you, and I just want you to know that you are safe here."

"I'm not. . ." Beth looked at the woman and tears filled her eyes. "I made it?"

"You did." Rosalynn nodded. "And I know that you are most definitely not a fan of needles after going through so much, but I just wanted you to know that I did take some of your blood. However, I wanted your permission before starting any tests."

"O-okay." Beth nodded. Their attention turned when the door opened and Wanda walked in, her eyes immediately landing on Beth's. Rosalynn gently smiled before standing up and walking past Wanda, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder.

"Not too long. She needs to rest." Rosalynn told the woman and Wanda nodded her head before watching her leave. Wanda smiled as she sat on the edge of Beth's bed.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Wanda carefully grabbed the woman's hand, smiling at the fact that she could actually feel her. That Beth was actually laying there in front of her and that she was no longer a dream. "How are you feeling?"

"Weak." She answered honestly. Beth looked at Wanda for a minute before pursing her lips, and taking a deep breath. "This is gonna sound crazy, but I've seen you before."

"In your dreams." Wanda nodded.

"In my―︎wait, how did you know?" Beth frowned.

"Because I was there, genius." Wanda jokingly spoke, a smile still on her face.

"You remember?"

"Of course I do." Wanda softly sighed before adjusting her sitting situation. "When you first came to me, I had just lost my brother not too long ago. When you were there it was a distraction and finding you became my only goal. And now that I've found you. . . I'm just glad to know you're okay."

"Well, as okay as I can be." Beth shrugged. "I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of trauma that came with being with HYDRA for as long as I was. And to the people that were with them for years, I have no idea how they're even alive."

"Listen, I don't want you up too long. You've been through a lot. Get some rest, and when you wake up, I'll talk with Rosalynn about showing you around." Wanda offered the girl a gentle squeeze of the hand, and Beth smiled before nodding her head.

"Okay." Beth nodded her head. Wanda stood up and walked out of the room, cutting the light off on her way out. Beth laid there for a moment before a wide smile fell on her face and her eyes closed in joy. Wanda Maximoff had been sitting in front of her, actually sitting in front of her. And that was a big deal in the sense that she was finally free. She was finally out of HYDRA's grasp. She rolled over on the oddly comfortable hospital bed, and closed her eyes falling asleep. But what she didn't expect, was a dream to appear.

Beth stood there, looking around at the city that she was standing in. Only, there was something wrong. It wasn't fun loving New York. It was empty, run down, half destroyed New York filled with nothing but bad guys that were lighting everything on fire. Beth panicked, wondering whose dream she was in. She ducked when an explosion went off, and that's when Avery Barton appeared. The teenager's eyes darted around before she met Beth's eyes.

"Beth?" Avery's voice echoed through the street before the teenager snapped her head towards the direction more of the bad guys were coming. After clenched her jaw before letting out a frustrated yell, pushing her hands forward and sending a gust of wind flying towards the men, making them fall to the ground. Avery quickly made her way to Beth, keeping her eyes sharp.

"Uh. . . hi?"

"Oh right. Avery Barton." Avery introduced. "You were knocked out when we met so it makes sense you don't remember me. Anyways, what are you doing in my dream?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Beth admitted. "I thought my powers were gone. I shouldn't even be―︎" That's when a gasp left her lips. She looked down at the blood that covered her stomach from the bullet that had just been shot. And that's where the downside was. Because not only was Beth bleeding out in the dream, but she was bleeding in reality. And she was losing a lot of blood. And she was losing it really fast.

 And she was losing it really fast