𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:SIMMONS

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
SIMMONS

IT HAD GOTTEN LATE, SO the trio had decided the best option would be just to stay at the hotel, not wanting to take the chance of falling asleep at the wheel―︎though no of them ever slept in general, Theodora because of her children, Liliya because of her nightmares, and Wanda because of the current situation that was happening. Though, she would try tonight. She was hoping that she would see Beth again. So, she stayed in the room Beth had been in whilst the other two women rented their own room.

Wanda looked down at the dreamcatcher that was now laying on the floor, pursing her lips as she fingered the object in her hands. She sat it back on the table before laying down on the uncomfortable mattress. She laid there for a moment before forcing her eyes to close and forcing herself to fall asleep.

She looked around the unknown place, glancing down at the dress she was wearing and the picnic blanket that was placed underneath her. She was outside, sitting beside of a lake with a picnic basket sitting patiently beside her. It was warm, but not too warm. Wanda furrowed her eyebrows, wondering who it was that she was waiting for until a familiar voice fell through her ears.

     "Mind if I join you?" Wanda turned her head to see Beth standing there, a gentle smile on the woman's face.

     "Beth?" Wanda carefully asked. Beth walked over and took a seat down on the blanket. Wanda examined the girl. She looked perfectly fine, like she wasn't in HYDRA's grasp, but she knew that that was because this was a dream, and it wasn't real life. "How are you?"

     Beth opened the picnic basket, pulling out the contents inside. "Truthfully, I feel a little better seeing you in my dreams. You probably won't even remember this. 90% of people don't remember their dreams."

     "I'm sure that I will remember this." Wanda assured her. "My power deals with the mind."

     "Are you. . . are you still looking for me?" Beth hesitantly asked the woman. Wanda looked towards her and nodded her head.

     "Ever since the first time I saw you, we never stopped looking." Wanda admitted. "Is there anything that you can tell us about the facility?"

     Beth sighed, shaking her head. "I cannot. I can tell you of one of the. . . uh, subjects, I guess." She cringed at the title. "It was my first night there. I had a dream about a girl . . . her eyes glowed and her hair turned white. I don't know her name. . . I'm sorry. Wait. . . no, she's one of you. I think. Simmons. Her last name was Simmons?  I don't know why  I can't remember her first name, I did before, but HYDRA's really messing with my head."

     "I know who you're talking about." Wanda suddenly said, nodding her head. She knew exactly who Beth was talking about. Wanda nodded once again. "I know how to get you out. We're going to get you out, do you understand? Don't let them hurt you."

     "I don't really have control over that." Beth gently laughed. "In all honestly, I don't mind the pain. It's better than running. It was bound to happen anyways."

     Wanda shook her head, her eyebrows furrowed. "Don't talk like that, Beth."

     "I have to ask." Beth said, changing the subject. "How did you find out where I was before I was taken?"

     "Avery." Wanda answered. "Well, we've had a lot of help actually. Liliya and Avery were the ones to originally  help me."

     "Liliya Petrova and Avery Barton?" Beth asked, trying to hide the smile on her face. She was fangirling on the inside at the fact that the Avengers were actually helping her.

     "Yeah." Wanda nodded. "Avery's friend Calliope was the one to find the information on you. Avery's mother, Theodora, was the one to confirm that this hotel that we're currently staying in was the one that you were in before you were taken. We're so close to figuring out where you are."

     "And I believe in you." Beth nodded her head. She cocked her head slightly. "Wanda, why are you helping me? You don't even know who I am."

     "So?" Wanda asked, shrugging her shoulders. "Just because I don't know you are doesn't mean I don't want to help you. It's what we do. It's what the Avengers do. We help those who need us. And you're one of those people. I need to wake up, tell Liliya and Theodora this new information."

     "Don't go!" Beth quickly shouted before closing her eyes. "Sorry. I just. . . this setting is different than everything I've been seeing. I never thought I would miss the color green." She softly said, looking towards the grass that seemed oddly soft. "It's so peaceful here. So quiet. I wish I could stay here forever."

Wanda looked at the girl, a gentle smile falling on her face as she examined Beth's relaxed nature. She wanted to see Beth like this every day. Determination filled her veins all over again. Beth didn't deserve whatever it was that HYDRA was doing to her. She had to get Beth out of there, and she was going to, no matter what the cost was. The two could've stayed there forever, sitting there with one another and talking as much as they could. Beth could feel her time running out, she could hear the door opening to her cell.

     "Wanda, I have to go." Beth quickly told her. She leaned over, giving the woman a kiss on the cheek before offering her a small smile. "I hope to see you soon, Wanda. And I hope the next time its face to face, and not dream to dream." Beth offered her one last smile before she disappeared from Wanda's dream.

Wanda shot up from her bed, breathing heavily. Her hand moved up to her cheek, feeling Beth's lips there. A tingling sensation lingered there before Wanda cleared her throat and shoved her hair from her face. She finally had a lead on the facility that Beth was in. She was so close to getting her back. But at the same time, she was no where near being able to meet Beth face to face.

 But at the same time, she was no where near being able to meet Beth face to face