𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:DON'T CALL ME SWEETHEART

CHAPTER EIGHT:
DON'T CALL ME SWEETHEART

BETH SAT THERE, HER HAIR falling over her face as she tried to catch her breath. She had woken on the floor, panicking as she had forgotten for a moment where exactly she was. Then she remembered. She remembered HYDRA snatching her from her bed, forcing her to leave her dreamcatcher behind. Forcing her to leave the one thing that she had left of her mother behind. Her heart ached at the thought of her mother. The way that she had been so violently ripped from her grasp. The way that Beth had screamed out in horror before looking at the men that had killed her and then running for her life. She never understood how she had escaped. How such a small girl that had the athletic ability of a rock, had run away so quickly that she had managed to escape.

Beth had only been six. And somehow, she had managed to survive and hide until this very moment, with no help whatsoever. She didn't trust anyone. For the longest time she would have to steal in order to get food and not starve to death. She thought she had mastered the ability to escape and hide. But apparently, they had just made her believe she had, and was waiting until the right moment before they decided to grab her. She had been here for two days now, silently marking the days off in her head instead of carving a line into the wall like most criminals did on television series. However, those two days felt like she had been in that same cell for eternity.

Beth was snapped from her thoughts when she heard what seemed to be the cell door unlocking. She looked up from her spot on the ground, watching as the door was loudly pushed open as one of the HYDRA agents stood there looking at the female. He held a smirk on his face as the woman glanced back down to the floor, her hair still hanging in front of her. The man walked towards the woman, kneeling down in front of her.

     "You must be one special person." The man told her, making Beth look up at him once again. "Dream Walker? That's what they call you, isn't it?" He moved the hair from in front of her face, making the woman cringe back away from him. "Well, some dreams will be coming true today. Ours, of course."

     "What do you want from me?" Beth hissed through clenched teeth, narrowing her eyes at the man that stood in front of her. "I haven't done anything to you idiots. You're the ones who killed my mother when I was thirteen years old."

     "Sweetheart, this would've been done a long ago had you not run away from us."

     "Had I not run away, I would've had the same ending as my mother." Beth snapped at him. "And don't call me sweetheart." The man chuckled in amusement at this before roughly grabbing her upper arm, pulling her from the ground and dragging her out of her cell. Beth clenched her draw, struggling in his grasp before taking it upon herself to stomp on his foot. He hissed in pain, loosening his grip just enough for Beth to escape his grasp and start running. She ran down the halls, turning left and right, avoiding all agents as much as possible. She listened as the alarm started blaring, making her curse under her breath and run even faster.

When she saw two agents she cursed once again before running right towards them, taking her knee and quickly slamming it into one of them, slamming them into the wall roughly and watching them fall to the ground. She grabbed the others gun, pushing it away from her head and jerking it from his hands, hitting him over the head before she continued running. She went down a flight of steps, quickly running into a side room when she heard multiple footsteps. She stood behind the door, watching the men walk by as she let out heavy breaths, closing her eyes as she silently prayed that she would actually get out of here. But, luck just wasn't on her side.

She opened her eyes when she heard a deep voice chuckle. Suddenly, the lights in the room came on, and much to her surprise, she had ran right into the room where the experiments were done. Or rather, where her experiments were going to be done. The doctor stood there in a snow white lab coat, his hands placed behind his back as he smiled at the woman who now stood there with wide eyes. She quickly took the gun that was still in her hands, aiming it at the man and making him chuckle once again.

     "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He had an accent to his voice, a German one Beth was sure of. He walked around the metal table, the woman's grip on the gun tightening even more. She was shaking, fear coating her eyes and body as she watched the man grow closer and closer until he was right in front of her. He put his hand on the gun, pushing it down and making the woman look up at him. He just smiled at her. "Do not worry, I will not cause you harm." He took the gun from her hands, fear making her entire body freeze. He examined the gun before looking back towards the female, smirking slightly before saying, "Not yet, anyways." And with that, he hit her over the head, deeming her unconscious.

" And with that, he hit her over the head, deeming her unconscious