𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:I LOVE YOU

CHAPTER THIRTY:
I LOVE YOU

BETH COLLAPSED ON THE BED beside of Wanda, face first into the pillow. Wanda watched her girlfriend with a chuckle, bookmarking her page before closing the book she had been reading and turning her head to look down at the woman who was groaning into the pillow. After everything that went down with Raelynn―︎weeks of working with the woman and trying to help her through the trauma that had taken place in her early years of life, constantly placing dreams in the woman's head until she had learned to breathe and let it go―︎Beth was exhausted.

Beth herself hadn't gotten any rest, and she could fall asleep right at that very moment. Wanda pushed hair behind of Beth's ear, smiling down at her. Within those said weeks, the relationship between Wanda and Beth had grown exponentially. They had finally made it official with one another, hence why Wanda had been in Beth's room before the girl had ever entered. They practically shared a room with one another now.

Wanda watched as Beth finally turned on her back, looking up at Wanda with a huff before moving so that her head was in Wanda's lap, allowing for Wanda to gently run her fingers through Beth's hair, something that made Beth immediately relax. "Beth, you haven't slept in days. You should rest."

"And miss an opportunity to sit and talk with my girlfriend, never." Beth answered, though the exhaustion was clear in her voice. Her eyes were closed, and she was close to falling asleep when Wanda's voice made her open her eyes again.

"You'll have plenty of those opportunities." Wanda assured the woman. "I'll still be here when you wake up, alright. In fact, what if I took a nap with you? Would that make you feel less guilty for being sleep deprived?"

"Yes." Beth smiled and Wanda chuckled at her before Beth sat up and the two shared a quick kiss with one another. Wanda used her powers to turn off the lights and move to get under the covers with Beth. She wrapped an arm around Beth's waist, and immediately Beth felt safe. And not moments later, she was asleep. She had been so sleep deprived, that a dream didn't come to her.

Beth slept until the afternoon of the next day. Completely missing her training session that she was supposed to have with Steve. Her eyes slowly opened and she blinked a few times as she tried to get her vision to focus. Her eyes focused on the clock that set on the bed side table and immediately she panicked.

"Shit." She sat up and just as she was about to get out of the bed, Wanda entered with a tray of breakfast in her hands. Beth looked at her with raised eyebrows and Wanda was surprised to see her up, though she smiled nonetheless.

"Good morning, sunshine." Wanda softly spoke.

"I don't have time―︎"

"I already talked to Steve." Wanda cut her off, setting the food in front of her. "He understands. You've been working non-stop to help Raelynn, you deserve a break Beth. I know I can't convince you to take a week to yourself, so I'm asking you to just take today to sit and relax and stress about absolutely nothing. You owe yourself that much."

"I love you." Beth softly said with a small smile. "And thank you for breakfast."

"You're welcome." Wanda went to kiss her but Beth stopped her.

"I slept for like a day and a half. I have really bad morning breath."

"I don't care." Wanda shrugged and Beth rolled her eyes though she had a smile on her face as the two exchanged a quick peck with one another. "I have to meet with Liliya, but I'll be back in an hour or so and then I'm all yours."

"I like the sound of that." Beth nodded and smirked slightly. Wanda chuckled and shook her head before walking out of the room, leaving Beth to sit there and peacefully eat her breakfast. To say that Wanda was an amazing cook would be an understatement. When she was finished eating, she crawled out of bed and took a much needed shower, before brushing her teeth and deciding to walk around the building.

As she walked, smiling at any of the agents she passed, Beth couldn't help but think about the events that had taken place these past few weeks. Beth had never thought that her powers that she had seen as nothing but a curse, could form to become helpful. And she hated that she had to go through so much to realize this, that she had to go through experiments, that she had to run for the entirety of her life. But as much as she hated to admit, that was how she became who she was now.

Beth was happy for the first time in her life since she had been a kid. She was safe. She knew that she would forever be on HYDRA's radar, but that thought didn't bother as much as it used to. Because then she didn't know how to protect herself, and she didn't have anyone to care for but herself. But now she had a family, she knew how to protect herself, and she had people that would protect her. But most importantly, she had Wanda. And she had the chance to experience her first love, and that made her excited. That made her happy above all else. She finally had the chance to have an actual life.

 She finally had the chance to have an actual life