𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:CURIOSITY

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
CURIOSITY

NIGHT TIME HAD FALLEN, BETH had been moved into a different cell, one that was completely covered with no windows or any furniture inside of it. Guards were constantly standing at her door, and as she looked around at the white room, she couldn't help but let out a laugh of amusement. They were scared of her. They were scared of her because she was a woman and she knew what she was doing. She had tricks up her sleeve, but she refused to identify herself as a trickster. Just instead a person of habit.

She didn't mind no longer having a bed. In fact, the bed that had been in her old cell had never been used, for she had found the floor ten times more comfortable than the solid brick wall that was the mattress they had given her. She leaned against the wall, her lips pursing together before she started to whistle. A soft and delicate tune, one her mother had sung to her when she was nothing but a little girl.

She glanced down to her wrists, rubbing them slightly as she looked at the dark red that encircled them. She rubbed her finger along them, continued to whistle the song as she thought about they way that had been covered with blood from how much she had pulled at the restraints. She could still feel the restraints that had been around her body as she laid in that chair. Growing tighter and tighter with each movement, to the point she couldn't breathe. But at the same time, she didn't mind being suffocated. In fact, being suffocated her gave her feeling. The feeling of not being fully numb. The feeling that she was still there, and they hadn't completely corrupted her yet.

Her eyes moved from her red and purple bruised wrists, trailing up her arm and stopping on the many needle holes that had been made as the several different colorful liquids had been injected into her. She wondered what they did. What there purpose was. Or hell, if the even knew what the liquids did. She had a feeling that they didn't. That she was just a lab rat, one that was used to explore exactly what it was that those liquids did. She herself was curious. They always said curiosity kills the cat, but in this case, curiosity was what was keeping the cat alive.

Her curiosity seemed to intrigue the scientists. Every night she would lay there, staring blankly up at the ceiling or down at the bruised portions of her body, somehow managing to think up a thousand more questions to keep the scientists entertained. To keep him talking. He was only revealing himself more and more to her, and even if she had pointed that factor out to him, she didn't think that he truly understood it. That her words were just another lie flying from her tongue and into the open air in hopes of managing to get a reaction from him. But that wasn't it.

She had in fact been telling him the truth. Every towards he spoke commemorated with that of another word that ran through Beth's head. The underlying secrets that ran from his lips, telling her everything about the facility, even if he didn't mean to. She wasn't a professional. No one had picked her up from the ground and built her up to be a strong independent woman that knew what the hell she was talking about. Beth did that all on her own. She trained herself in the knowledge that one of an assassin would know of. She taught herself how to read people's thoughts by the simple way they held their eyes and body.

She had also read. She would scroll through the internet whenever she was allowed access, and she would do it in order to figure out about the people that had saved the world from the attack on New  York.  She knew of them. She knew more about them than anyone probably should. But she didn't just know about them. She knew of their pains. And she would be lying to herself if she hadn't said she had managed to wander her way into a few of the Avengers' dreams. They hadn't noticed her, for she had stayed in the shadows. But she had watched the horrors that had happened. She had watched the trauma that had been placed upon them because of the very organization that now had Beth in their grasp.

She never realized how many of them had been hurt. How the people that the world saw as heroes had been through so many traumatic experiences that it made Beth want to weep for them. As she thought about it, her thoughts traveled back to Wanda Maximoff. The woman with chaotic magic coursing through her veins, ready to destroy anyone that came at her. The woman with such a violent gift, but such a kind heart to make up for it. The woman she had called out for, moments before they had taken her. As she sat there, she found her lips pursing and her eyebrows furrowing.

She wondered, if she fell asleep, would she be able to find Wanda? Would she be able to crawl back into the woman's mind, try to explain to her as much as she could in hopes of Wanda finding her. She bit the inside of her cheek. She had to do something. She had to get out of here before her sanity was completely ripped from her. So, with a soft sigh, she leaned her head against the wall, closed her eyes, and fell into the dream world.

 So, with a soft sigh, she leaned her head against the wall, closed her eyes, and fell into the dream world