𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:ANXIOUS

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
ANXIOUS

WANDA WAS ANXIOUS AS THEY drove back towards the Avenger's facility. She had sprung up the next morning, remembering the dream as if it had been an actual memory. She had exited the hotel room so incredibly quick that she had to pause in front of Theodora and Liliya's door to stop the spinning of her head. She had been quick to tell them everything that had happened in the dream, telling them about the woman called Sapphire Simmons that Beth had had a dream of. 

     "Please stop that." Theodora lightly snapped, grabbing Wanda's attention. The mother of three had her head placed against the palm of her hand with one wheel on the road as she was driving. Liliya had her eyes closed with her head leaning against the window, sleeping because of the lack of rest she had gotten the night prior because of the uncomfortable beds.

     "Stop what?" Wanda frowned, glancing at the woman with furrowed eyebrows. She was anxious, biting on her lip and bouncing her knee up and down. It was annoying Theodora greatly, and the woman was bound to snap at her if she didn't stop doing it soon.

     "Being anxious. Stop it. It's making me uneasy." Theodora answered, glancing at the woman through the rearview mirror before looking back towards the road.

     "Sorry." Wanda apologized.

     Theodora sighed. "No, it's fine. I myself am anxious. And yet I don't even know the girl that you are trying to find." Theodora paused, sitting up straight and placing both hands on the wheel. It was true, the woman was anxious. Every time she touched a door, she saw things that she didn't want to see. At one point she saw blood painting one of the doors, a bullet hole going through the door. Wanda noticed the look covering Theodora's face, making her frown slightly and cock her head to the side.

     "You saw something." Wanda noted, making Theodora glance at her through the mirror once more.

     "Somethings." Theodora corrected. "I saw something that I didn't want to see. A lot of things, actually." She closed her fists tightly around the wheel, her jaw clenching as she shook her head. "That hotel. . . or motel. Whatever you want to call it. Some horrible things have happened in there, Wanda. It's like it draws horror there."

     "What did you see?" Wanda carefully asked the woman.

     "A girl being murdered." She answered. "A man killing himself. So many suicides happened there, that I didn't realize how truly heavy the air was until just now. Just thinking about it makes a weight place itself onto my chest, my throat closes up." Tears filled the woman's eyes and she was quick to blink them away. The girl she had seen was the same age as Avery, and the thought of that being her daughter instead of that other girl seemed to shake her to her core. She was already on edge with the fact that her child had powers and would use them to fight the bad guys, she couldn't begin to think about the chance of Avery ever being killed. "She was the same age as Avery."

     "And now you're thinking about―︎"

     "What if that had been Avery?" Theodora finished, nodding her head as she swallowed thickly.

     "Avery is a lot more powerful than you think, Theo." The sound of Liliya's voice made the two jump in surprise, having thought the blonde assassin was asleep. "She would never get in that kind of situation without knowing she had a way out of it."

     "I just wish I could convince her that it wasn't her job to be one of the heroes." Theodora sighed. "But she would never listen. Her little brother and sister look up to her, so there's no way that she'd ever change her life style."

     "Her boyfriend is Peter Parker." Liliya said with a raised eyebrow. "I know that boy isn't the most powerful being, but he would never let anything happen to her. He would die before someone would touch her."   

     "Well, there's also the factor that Clint would probably murder him if anything happened to her." Wanda piped up, a small smile of amusement pulling up at her lips. Theodora chuckled lightly as she nodded her head.

     "That is true. Even though they've never had the best relationship, he does care for her a lot more than she believes her does." Theodora shook her head. "I just wish they would get along."

     "I wonder why they don't." Liliya hummed. "Libra and Gemini are supposed to be the more compatible signs."

     "You believe that stuff?" Theodora asked, scoffing.

     Liliya shrugged. "Well, I have to believe in something don't I?" That's when Liliya's phone buzzed, grabbing her attention. She pulled the device from her pocket, before looking at the notification to see Steve had texted her.

     Wanda and Theodora both glanced at her before Wanda was the one to ask, "Who is it?"

     "Steve." Liliya answered. "He said that Sapphire wasn't able to come by, but Sage is there. She was undercover at the place so she knows all about it."

     "Steve knows how to text?" Theodora asked, surprised.

     "It took me a while to show him how, but he's getting the hang of it." Liliya nodded, a proud smile on her face.

     "You find way too much pride in showing him new things." Theodora laughed, shaking her head."

     "I do." Liliya nodded.

     "Tell him we're almost there. Just to have her wait in the meeting room." Theodora requested and Liliya nodded her head before typing out the message, and sending it.

" Theodora requested and Liliya nodded her head before typing out the message, and sending it