part 3: twat

The party was in full swing. The whole college had showed up, and I even thought I had spotted Kiernan by the bonfire at one point. Pandora had passed out in Freddy's shed, the designated hookup spot, and Effy and Freddie had disappeared early on, probably to Freddy's bedroom.

I was pretty high, the party swirling in front of my eyes in flashes. 

I lost myself in the music, in the dancing, the drinking, and the smoke of the bonfire.

I saw Cook, his arm around a dark-haired girl, leaning over to kiss her with a bottle of vodka in his free hand. 

I felt a tinge of jealously, and looked away, scanning the crowd for something interesting to do, my eyes lighting on a tall guy with short dark hair standing alone, holding a drink. 

I walk up to him slowly, looking at him curiously. He looked older than the rest of the people here, and I hadn't seen him around school before.

"You're not in our year, are you?" I asked him, trying to gauge exactly who he was.

He took a swig of his drink, scanning my body with his eyes. 

"Yeah no," he said with a smirk. "I used to go to your college though. I'm back for break. Actually, you might be able to help me out."

"Yeah?" I said, flirtatiously. "How might I be able to do that?"

His bright blue eyes seemed familiar as he looked at me. 

"I'm looking for Effy, Effy Stonem."

I sighed, and pointed towards the house. "Everyone is. She should be in there, check her boyfriend's bedroom."

I brushed past him, and as I did, he grabbed my arm. 

"I'm Tony," he said with a smile. "And you are?"

I smiled, and stared at his hand on my arm until he let it go. 

"If you're looking for Ef, I'm sure you'll find out soon enough."

♕⋆♕⋆♕

It was 4 am, and the place was pretty much empty. I walked into Freddy's house, stepping over passed-out teenagers and broken bottles on the floor. I made my way up to the second floor, and found a bedroom, empty except for a boy fast asleep on top of the bed. Examining the boy closer, I saw that it was Cook. I untied my boots, and slipped under the covers, making sure I wasn't touching him. I needed somewhere to crash, and Cook was probably the safest bet. I closed my eyes, and pretty much immediately fell asleep. 

I woke up to find an arm wrapped around my waist, and hot breath on my neck. I turned my head to see Cook, who somehow had gotten under the covers. I closed my eyes again, partly to try to ward off the massive hangover that hit me as soon as the bright light had hit my eyes, but also to relish the feeling of him so close to me. 

Whether it was because it was Cook, or maybe I was just lonely, but he was warm and close, and it was an unfamiliar sensation, one I hadn't felt in a few months. 

I sighed and opened my eyes, shrugging his arm off me, and sitting up. I searched for my boots, finding them, and sitting back on the bed to put them on. I heard Cook stir next to me, and turned to see him reach out across the bed where I formerly was. 

"Viv," he murmured, before opening his eyes to see me looking at him. 

"So you knew it was me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, sort of," he said sleepily. "You smell different."

"Thanks, mate," I said sarcastically. 

"Like vanilla and bonfires and shit," he said. 

I turned to look at him, as he sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes and groaning. 

What?

"Anyways, thanks for not raping me and shit," I said. "You're less of a twat then I thought you were."

"Aww, you like me princess! Don't deny it, you're into Cookie!" he crowed. 

"Fuck off," I said, rolling my eyes and turning away, a secret smile on my lips

Before I stepped out the bedroom door, I hear a roar coming from downstairs.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? FREDDY WHAT THE FUCK? YOU TOSSERS, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE! FREDDDYYYY!"

I dashed back into the room and shut the door.

"Fuck, Cook, I think Freds' dad is back," I said frantically. 

His eyes went white and he scrambled out of bed, searching for his trousers on the floor and jumping to get them on. Before he had done them up, I grabbed his hand and hurried him along. 

"Fuck, Vi, my sweater!" he whined.

"Fuck your sweater, Cook!" I hissed. "Come on!"

I opened the window, looking down for something to climb on, before seeing a trellis a few feet away from the window. 

I pulled myself through the window and began climbing down the trellis, Cook right behind me. 

Down below, I could hear Freddy's dad screaming, and people running out of the house, laughing and screaming. I reached the garden, and waited for Cook to descend before grabbing his hand and running through the garden and out the gate. We saw Effy, her dark makeup smeared and without pants escaping from the front door, and she followed me and Cook as we ran down the block, whooping and cheering. 

"Thanks for the party, Freds!" I called behind me, and Cook screamed in assent. 

We ran until we reached my block, and I let go of Cook's hand and turned to the both of them. 

"Thanks, you two. It's not so fucking bad in Bristol after all, I said with a grin.

AN: kinda short, but i tried! feel free to let me know the direction you want this story to go!