part 14: pussy

I sat in a chair next to my mum, asleep in a hospital bed. Teary-eyed, I pulled out my phone and dialed my dad's number. The call connects on the second ring, and I put my phone to my ear.

"Dad?" I said, my voice quiet.

"Vivian, love, hello," he responded.

I took a deep breath, then started, trying to keep my voice steady. 

"Dad, Mum's in the hospital," I said. "She has alcohol poisoning. Please don't call Social Services again, though, please. Can you come to Bristol? I'm by myself, and I can't do this alone. Dad, please."

He was quiet for a while, then responded, "I'm on my way. I'll be there in a few hours. I'll meet you at your mum's, alright?"

I started to cry in relief. "Thank you, thank you, Dad," I sobbed, and hung up. 

I sunk my head into my hands, staying like that for a few minutes until my tears subsided. After a while, I got up, squeezed my mum's hand, and left the room. Cook was standing outside, waiting for me.

He passed me a lit spliff, which I put to my mouth, my hands shaking.

"I called my dad," I said, breaking the silence. "He's coming."

I started to shake, which Cook saw, and he reached out for me. His arms encased me in a wordless hug. 

I pulled away, and caressed his cheek with my free hand. 

"Thank you," I said earnestly. "Honestly, thank you."

"Anything for you, princess," he said, softly.

I smiled at that, and he kissed me, barely touching me. Unlike our other kisses, this one was soft, gentle. The only points of contact between us were our mouths, and it was different from the furious, passionate ones we had shared before. This kiss felt like a promise. 

A promise of what, I'm not sure. But I was willing to find out. 

I pulled away, and said, "Can we get fucked up?"

He smiled, a smirk that promised fun, and said, again, "Anything for you, princess."

♕⋆♕⋆♕

Cook and I sat at a table in the back of Cook's Uncle Keith's pub, drinking beer. I leaned my head back on the wall behind me, and sighed. 

"You alrite?" Cook asked me. 

"Yeah," I said, smiling at him. "Just tired."

The door to the pub opened, and in came Effy and Freddy. 

"Fuck," I said, ducking behind my pint, as if that could hide me. 

"Cook!" I whispered urgently. 

"Ahh, come off it, Vi, don't be a pussy," he said, standing up and raising his arms.

"Ef! Freds! Over here!" he called, gesturing. 

"Fuck you, Cook," I said, sinking down into my chair.

Effy and Freddy walked towards us. Freddy was smiling, and looked at least happy to see Cook, while Effy looked about as reluctant as I felt. 

"Freds, good to see you, mate!" Cook said, hugging Freddy enthusiastically, while Freddy laughed and returned the hug. 

Meanwhile, Effy and I looked at each other warily. 

"Hey," I said cautiously. She nodded in return, and sat down across the table from me. 

"How's it been?" she asked. 

everything's fucked// james cookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara