part 9: bint

I woke up in my bedroom, the morning light streaming in through my windows, and the smell of weed

I woke up in my bedroom, the morning light streaming in through my windows, and the smell of weed. Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes, and heard a voice. 

"Good morning, princess," Cook said, sitting in a chair near my window smoking a blunt. 

"What happened?" I groaned. 

"Well, princess," he said, getting up from the chair and sprawling on my bed in front of me. "You freaked out after Effy fucking attacked you and said you banged her brother and me, and passed out. Did I miss anything?"

I sighed and lay back down. 

"Holy shit," I said. I couldn't completely remember what had happened, but something Cook said brought it all back.

"Holy shit!" I said more urgently. 

I looked at Cook and said, "Wait, Effy lied, you know that, right? I didn't," my voice trailing off as I saw the expression on his face. 

I looked at him, confused, as he smirked. The expression on his face was satisfaction and glee, like he had just gotten a one-up on me. 

"What?" I said suspiciously.

He grinned, and inched closer on my bed. 

"Viv, why is it so bloody urgent that I know you didn't bang Effy's brother? Why would you give a fuck?" he said.

I smirked back, more prepared this time. 

"Well, I didn't want to shit on you, Cook," I said, purposely biting my bottom lip. "I know how you hate that."

His eyes drifted down to my lips unconsciously, and I laughed. 

"Shut the fuck up, Vi," he said gruffly, and I laughed. His eyes grew soft, and he tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear that had fallen in front of my face. 

"So, is that a yes for wanting me?" he said softly. 

I looked deeply into his eyes, and said, seriously, "Didn't we do this yesterday?"

I grinned as he shook his head, and walked back to his chair, muttering under his breath. 

"Anyways," I said with a smile. "Thank you, for taking me back here? I'm not sure how exactly you did that, but thanks."

"I'm strong, babes," Cook said, kissing his muscles. "Wanna feel?"

I rolled my eyes and stepped out of bed, realizing for the first time I was wearing sweatpants and my bra from last night.

"Did you change me?" I asked. 

"Get over it, princess," he said, wandering over to my bookshelf and poking through it. 

"For fuck's sake," I said, walking over to my bathroom. "I'm having a shower. And don't fucking say without me, or I will slap you."

"You know me well babes," he said, shooting me finger guns. 

♕⋆♕⋆♕

I came out of the shower the cleanest I've ever felt, and wrapped a fluffy white towel around me. I walked back into my room, and Cook was sprawled across my bed again, reading  from a pink, fluffy diary. 

"Nick looked at me across the cafeteria, and he's so fit," he said, reading aloud. 

"Cook!" I said, and ran to snatch it out of his hands.

"No, no, no, nuh nuh nuh!" he said, pulling it away from my hands. 

"Cook!" I whined, pleading. 

"Nuh uh, there's tons of good stuff in here," he said cheekily. "You know, Viv, I've never thought about writing and shit before, but this is so fucking good. Mind if I borrow it for research?'

"God, fuck you," I said. 

"Hey, hey, Vi, I have a good idea," he said.

"What?" I said with a sigh, using both of my hands to hold up my towel. 

"Ok, ok. We'll make a trade, Vi. This diary for that towel," he said, chuckling. 

I breathed in, and turned around to walk to my closet. 

"Aww, so that's a no?" he said, laughing. 

I stayed silent, and just flipped him off. 

He kept laughing behind me as I picked out an outfit, then walked into the bathroom to change. 

"Cook, where do you live?" I said, after changing. 

"What?" he said, still leafing through my old diary. 

I sat on the bed next to him. 

"Well, you know I live here, and you know about my mom and dad and stuff, and I know about your family, sort of, but what else?" I said, curiously. 

He put down the diary, and looked at me. 

"I've got a brother," he said, looking at his hands.

"You do?" I said, smiling.

"Yeah, his name's Paddy," he said. "He lives with my mum, and goes to school with her."

He sat up and brightened. "Actually, you should meet him, You'd like him, he's not like me at all. He's a lot better."

"Hard to imagine that," I scoffed sarcastically. 

"Yeah," Cook said softly. 

I looked at him, trying to gauge the expression on his face. 

"Cook, are you proud of him?" I asked. 

"Yeah, sort of," he said. "My mum takes care of him, and he goes to this fancy ass school, and he got everything I didn't. I don't want him to wind up in the same shit I did."

He smiles at me sadly, and I smile back. 

"Cook, I'd really like to meet him," I said.

"Good," he said. 

♕⋆♕⋆♕

Cook took me to a nicer part of town, the streets clean and the buildings shiny. I felt out of place, and I grabbed Cook's hand, trying to reassure him if he felt the same way I did. He looked at me, surprised, then squeezed my hand, as if trying to comfort himself. 

He stopped at a white house, and stopped to take a breath. 

I squeezed his hand, and said, "Cook, it's ok."

He looked at me nervously, and stepped up to ring the doorbell.