part 23: lost the plot

thought this song worked well, ik i've used it in a chapter before but i went back and changed the song, because it really doesn't make sense? idk what i was thinking. viv and cook apparently haven't heard of communication, so we'll see how this goes. 

Katie's mum drove me home. Katie called her after the scene by the campfire, and convinced her to drive out and pick up Katie, Emily, Naomi, and I. I assumed everyone else stayed behind to deal with the mess that was Cook and Pandora.

I stared dully out the window as the rain fell. Fitting. I watched as a raindrop raced down the car window, only to meet its fate as it fell off the car. 

A tear mirrored the raindrop, racing down my cheek. Katie noticed this, and put her arm around me.

"It's alright, Viv, babes," she says, laying her head on my shoulder. "It'll be alright."

Katie's mum noticed this in the rearview mirror, and said, "So, what happened, girls? Was it a boy?"

Emily and Katie hissed at the same time, "Mum!"

Katie said, "Mum, seriously? Don't be a bitch about it, leave her alone."

"No, it's alright," I said, wiping my tears off my cheeks. "Yeah, it was a boy."

"Did you love him?" Katie's mum asked. 

"Yeah," I chuckled dryly. "I still do."

♕⋆♕⋆♕

The rest of the weekend, I stayed in bed. The only reason I went to school on Monday was because my dad forced me, threatening to take my phone away.

I went to school in my pajamas, a pair of grey sweatpants and a Calvin Klein bralette, which I covered up with my usual black hoodie. I looked at myself in the mirror, and noticed the big bags under my eyes, and the way my cheeks had hollowed out.

When was the last time I had eaten? I couldn't remember. 

Snap out of it, Viv. He can't have this much control over you. 

I decided to put makeup on, adding some brown winged eyeliner and a bit of mascara. Satisfied, I headed downstairs, skipping breakfast and grabbing my bag.

It was raining again, and I shivered as a few drops fell down my hoodie and onto my bare back. Putting my hood up, I started the bleak walk to school.

Walking into Roundview, I immediately noticed the pitying looks and whispers. 

Fucking hell, seriously? 

A guy I had never seen before was the first one to approach me.

"So, sweetheart, heard you're single now? Fuck that guy, go out with me," he said with a grin and a smirk back to his buddies.

I scanned him up and down. Cocky, with blond hair and a shit-eating grin on his face, he looked like a dickhead.

"Yeah, that's likely," I said with a snort, and pushed past him to get to my locker. 

He grabbed my arm as I walked past him, and said, "So, babes, that's a no?"

I smiled at him sarcastically. "Take the hint, prick."

He didn't follow me as I got my things out of my locker and walked into my form with my head held high. I immediately saw that Cook wasn't there, and something in me deflated with disappointment.

I also saw the pitying stares everyone gave me, and the sad smiles that accompanied them. 

"Fuck this," I murmured, and I walked up to the front of the classroom.