part 10: minger

TW: VERBAL ABUSE

After Cook rung the doorbell, a little boy in a prep school uniform answered the door. Cook's face lit up, and he kneeled down and opened his arms.

"Hey, Paddy, mate! Come here, mate!" 

The boy laughed happily and ran to Cook, as he scooped him up in his arms and spun him around. 

I laughed watching them. The normally cool Cook was spinning his little brother around like no one was watching. 

Cook finally put Paddy down, and said, "Hey Pads, this is my, uh," pointing to me. 

I leaned down to Paddy's height, and said, "Hey Paddy, I'm Vivian, Cook's friend. I go to school with him."

"Cook, is she your girlfriend?" Paddy asked Cook. "Cause if not, she's pretty. And if you're going to be a pussy, I'll ask her out."

I looked at Cook with amusement, and he said to Paddy, "Hey, come off that mate, she wouldn't want your ugly mug anyways."

"Hey, you're talking!" Paddy said back, and they started wrestling. 

A tall women with cherry-red hair and a revealing dress came down the stairs and walked into the entrance. 

"What the fuck are you doing here?" she said, staring at Cook.

Before he could say anything, I walked in front of him and stuck out my hand. 

"Hello, I'm Vivian Easton," I said as politely as I could. "Cook and I go to school together, and I'm very sorry for showing up unannounced, but Cook wanted to introduce me to Paddy." I smiled, trying to calm her down. 

It seemed to work, and the woman seemed to relax. 

"Well, that's fine, I suppose," she said, still staring angrily at Cook. "Come in, if you would like."

We walked into the house, and I looked around. It was gorgeous, the walls all white and the rooms were tastefully decorated. The woman, who I assumed was Cook's mother, led us into the kitchen, and motioned to a small table.

Sitting down first, I motioned for Cook to sit down next to me, which he did, sullenly. I looked at him, wondering what had gotten into him.

"So," I said, trying to make conversation. "You have a lovely home."

She smiled, standing awkwardly with her hands on the counter. 

"So, are you," I started to say, until Cook cut me off.

"Mum, did you miss me?" he asked, anger in his eyes. 

She ignored his question and addressed me, "Would you like tea?"

Cook asked her again, "Mum, did you fucking miss me?"

I turned to Paddy and asked him, "Paddy, how old are you? You must be at least 9?"

Paddy nodded, keeping his eyes on his mum as she made tea. 

Cook's mother said, without turning around, "You know, you both should probably leave after this. It's getting late, and Paddy should get to football."

 A silence descended on the room, and I could see Cook visibly shaking in anger, his rage building up from the cold shoulder his mother gave to him. 

Cook slammed his fists on the table and stood up. 

"Fuck, Mum! I just wanted to see him! And you didn't even say hello, or ask me how the fuck I was! Do you fucking care, at all?" he screamed. 

His mum screamed back, "Fucking hell, I couldn't give less of a flying fuck! You fuck everything up, Cook! You fuck Paddy's life up, you fuck mine up, you're fucking toxic!" 

She addresses her next words to me, " You should watch out, love, he'll fuck you up too. You'll get fucking pregnant, and then you'll be stuck with this no good, lazy, piece of shit!"

My mouth fell open, and next to me, I could see Cook shaking with rage. I placed my hand on his wrist, and stood up as well. 

"Thanks for the concern," I said sarcastically. "But honestly, go fuck yourself."

That seemed to push Cook's mum over the head, and she screamed, "James, get the fuck out of my house with your slut girlfriend!"

Cook grabbed my hand and pulled me along as we ran out. I managed to flip her off as we left, and screamed, "Bye Pads!"

I heard the boy respond, before Cook's mum slammed the door shut. I couldn't help but laugh, as I stood panting from the sudden rush. Then I looked over at Cook. He was sitting on the front step, his head in his hands. I sat next to him, and pulled his hands away from his face. 

"Hey," I said gently. "Wanna go fuck some shit up?"

He looked at me with gratitude in his eyes, and stood up, offering me a hand. 

♕⋆♕⋆♕

I shook the bottle of black spray paint in my hand, looking at my canvas. 

"What should I do to you?" I mused out loud.

Cook had already started spray painting the abandoned, broken down car we had found in an alley, painting a bright yellow dick on the hood. 

I pressed my finger down on the nozzle, drawing squiggles all over the front door, accompanied by FUCK in capital letters. 

Once we finished graffitiing the car, I picked up a bat from the floor, and handed it, handle first, to Cook.

"Let's fuck shit up, princess," he said with a smile. 

I smiled back, and we got to smashing up the car. I attacked the front windshield first, using the bat to make a spiderweb shaped crack in it. Cook jumped on the roof, and stomped on it, making dents. 

After we had completely destroyed the old car, we sat on the hood, sharing a blunt. 

"You ok?" I asked him

He sighed, taking a long drag. 

"Yeah, love. My mum's a minger. I just don't want Pads to be like me, cause I fucking love him, ya know? I don't want him to end up like me. She didn't give a fuck about me, at least she gives a fuck about him," he said, a tear making its way down his cheek. 

I turned to him, and wiped the tear away with my thumb, like he had done to me a day ago. 

"We keep on ending up here, don't we?" I said with a smirk. "One of us crying, and the other helping."

"Shut up, princess," he said with a smirk, grabbed the back of my head, and pulled me towards him to meet his lips with mine.